Evolution of Balance Award 2009

Old December 19th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Default Evolution of Balance Award 2009

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce the second annual Evolution of Balance Award!

For those of you not familiar with it, this grant is awarded to a team
proposing a difficult, creative, and remote mountain unicycling
adventure somewhere in the world. The intent is to give back to the
sport in a way that helps support adventurous riding.

The grant includes:
CAD$1700
One KH unicycle (singlespeed)
One set of KH gloves and pads
Up to three additional KH unicycles at wholesale cost.

Sincere thanks to Unicycle.com for sponsoring award shipping costs, the
Hoover family for their donation towards the cash award, and UNI for
sponsoring the magazine award announcement.

The 2008 EOB award winners were Steve Relles, Roland Kays, Perry
Woodin, and Brad Stratton from Albany, NY, and Vince LeMay from
Montreal, Quebec. They are just about to leave on their trip to Panama
to ride jungle trails from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean.

2009 applications are due March 31, 2009 and the award will be
announced April 30, 2009.

Click 'here' (http://www.krisholm.com/khu/eob) for more details and to
download an application.

Please forward this link to anyone you think might be interested!

Kris

--
danger_uni
Old December 19th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

Congratulations and Godspeed to all those going on the Panama trip. I'll
see if I can think of something just as good.

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti

)--21stOverall-RTL2008-O
)--18thCriterium-RTL2008-O
Old December 19th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

I could do a Steve and go to the Himalayas lol... but I can't

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you?
*
*"You must have shot an awefull lot of tigers sir"
"Yes... I used a machine gun!"
* *
**
*
Old December 20th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Sure you can! =).

Seriously: if you know people who aren't on the newsgroup but who would
be interested in applying, please forward the link. Last year I had
incredible response from interested riders worldwide, and hopefully this
time will be the same.

Kris

--
danger_uni
Old December 23rd 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

Yeah, we're leaving for the Panama expedition Jan-10-2009. I'm pretty
keyed up about it.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a 'few uni race write-ups'
(http://home.roadrunner.com/~rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
Old December 23rd 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fluxusmaximus

All the best Steve, yo.

--
fluxusmaximus

Old December 23rd 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniaddict

Hmm, maybe us bay area riders could plan a trip. That would be
cool. Are you seeing this Corbin and Tom.

--
uniaddict

'SixSixOne' (http://sixsixone.com/)
*85 foot coast!*
Old December 23rd 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
corbin

uniaddict;1156065 wrote:
Hmm, maybe us bay area riders could plan a trip. That would be
cool. Are you seeing this Corbin and Tom.

'09 is already packed for me, and may drain all funds for a while. but,
i would love an adventure. I'm planning on having some muni-adventures
in Africa and Madagascar next year. (2 months!)

corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
Old December 23rd 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Why not go all out and plan a MUni adventure that spans the entire
globe! Around the world in 80 months! Seriously, I wish you guys all
the best and hope to see a video compilation of your amazing adventure!

--
MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old December 24th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

I too am looking forward to seeing some pics and videos when it is over.
Be safe.

--
rem48