SLime!

Old September 19th 03, 03:57 PM
Lee

Default SLime!

is it worth the money? Does it really stop nasty glass in your inner tubes?

Old September 19th 03, 04:50 PM
Simon Mason

"Lee" gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverym uch.btinternet.com
wrote in message ...
is it worth the money? Does it really stop nasty glass in your inner

tubes?

You're better off getting a highly puncture resistant tyre like these: I
ride on glass strewn paths every day using these two tyres and have had no
puncture in 6 months.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/v2_product_d...dID=5300003707

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/v2_product_d...dID=5360007837

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old September 19th 03, 04:52 PM
Dave

wrote in message ...
is it worth the money? Does it really stop nasty glass in your inner

tubes?

Nope, it doesn't stop nasty glass in your inertubes, but it does seal small
holes fairly effectively (in my experience - ymmv)
Dave.
;-)

Old September 19th 03, 05:00 PM
Richard Goodman

"Dave" wrote in message
Nope, it doesn't stop nasty glass in your inertubes, but it does seal

small
holes fairly effectively (in my experience - ymmv)
Dave.
;-)

Fair assessment IME. Kevlar belt inserts are better at preventing punctures
in the first place, but even they don't stop glass slashing the tyre.
Haven't tried any 'puncture resistant' tyres, but think that if I did I'd
still want to put the belts in anyway.

Rich