What colour is the new 36" Nimbus?

Old February 27th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Default What colour is the new 36" Nimbus?

And the first person to answer "Blue" doesn't win any prizes at all!

No, what I'm looking for is the exact colour code. I'm guessing it's a
standard RAL colour, or possibly BS, or even pantone etc.

I've just won a set of Maguars on eBay* that look like they're in need
of a lick of paint. So, getting the right colour will not only help
them look better, but will leave me with something to repair any
scratches to the frame/T7 just in case I drop it in a big way

STM

* Thanks for the tip off Kington99. That's another one I owe you!

--
semach.the.monkey
semach.the.monkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12078

Old February 27th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

I don't know the "exact" color, but I do know sometimes 'complimentary
colors' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complementary_color) are a cooler
looking option than trying to match everything in one color. On my
son's Nimbus 36", we offset the blue by using yellow for both his water
bottle holder-frame, and for the zip ties that hold his cyclometer
cable. It is a very sharp combination.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

Old February 27th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

Mine's lilac. Does that help?

--
cathwood

Cathy

Old February 27th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

just looks blue to me! haha, do I win a prize?

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

2 unispins landed!
don't follow Jesus, follow me!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old February 27th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

tomblackwood wrote:
I don't know the "exact" color, but I do know sometimes 'complimentary
colors' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complementary_color) are a cooler
looking option than trying to match everything in one color. On my
son's Nimbus 36", we offset the blue by using yellow for both his water
bottle holder-frame, and for the zip ties that hold his cyclometer
cable. It is a very sharp combination.

I'd agree that accessories can look better in a complementary colour...
but touching up a scratch would just highlight it a bit too much!

There's going to be a few bits added to the T7 handle anyway, so it
won't hurt for one or two bits to be camoflarged.

Oh, and Cathwood, have you got the RAL number for your lilac Nimbus?
I'm sure that's close enough to the colour of mine

STM

Old February 27th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian MacKenzie

semach.the.monkey wrote:
I'd agree that accessories can look better in a complementary colour...
but touching up a scratch would just highlight it a bit too much!

STM

Don't fall

--
Brian MacKenzie

DVDs now available from www.LBMmultimedia.com :
'NAUCC 2006' (http://tinyurl.com/lrvln)
'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR.wmv)
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old February 27th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
Don't fall

Hey, as good intentioned as it might be, you can't fool me. I know
that you stole that quote from any one of a thousand posts giving
advice to newbies or people attempting a new/dangerous trick!

STM

Old February 27th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian MacKenzie

semach.the.monkey wrote:
Hey, as good intentioned as it might be, you can't fool me. I know that
you stole that quote from any one of a thousand posts giving advice to
newbies or people attempting a new/dangerous trick!

STM

you got me. i was gonna say practice, but that didn't seem to fit

Old February 27th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

semach.the.monkey wrote:

* Thanks for the tip off Kington99. That's another one I owe you!

Well after making you fork out for the nimbus in the first place i feel
slightly better that I've saved you some money.

--
kington99

Dave

Old February 28th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

semach.the.monkey wrote:
No, what I'm looking for is the exact colour code. I'm guessing it's a
standard RAL colour, or possibly BS, or even pantone etc.

I think Pantone applies only to inks/printing. I don't know about BS or
RAL. To match a paint color you probably need the brand and that
company's name or reference number for the paint in question. Maybe
Roger Davies can help you out, as he may have been the one to spec
those unicycles.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view