lifepaint?

Old April 8th 15, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default lifepaint?

http://www.volvocarslifepaint.com/

I can see that it would increase conspicuity, until it wore off. But
I'd be surprised if it lasted very long on fabric.

And I note that most of the images shown are head on or side views of
bicyclists directly in headlight beams. I'm not aware of any data
indicating those views matter much. Head on should matter primarily to
wrong-way riders, and side view only if the cyclist is standing in front
of a car; otherwise, he'll move out of the car's path before the car
arrives. The rear view of the cyclist is what usually matters, and ISTM
that's adequately dealt with by a proper taillight plus a few reflective
bits.

I'm pretty skeptical of a car company selling something bicyclists are
supposed to use to protect themselves against cars and their drivers.
How about educating motorists about their responsibility, and enforcing
the same? Already, Estonia mandates reflectors for pedestrians. France
mandates high visibility clothing for cyclists under certain conditions.
One California legislator is calling not only for all-ages mandatory
helmets, but also for high-vis clothing. It's a bad trend.

Will we soon have "The injured cyclist was not wearing day-glow
clothing, his bike was not sprayed with reflective paint, and he was not
using a high-powered daytime strobe light"?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 8th 15, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Franko....I posted this 2 weeks ago giving Ohio enough time to order and apply..

crit without use is substandard and really Frank NOT ACCEPTABLE BY OHIOAN STANDRADS

why anyone from Ohio would pick on a No. 1 safety automaker ????

for trying. I dunno. We weep.

The Assyrians made off with my eyeglasses. This was expected, happened previously but with both the Scientology whoha and Don McClean out of the closet, Harrison back in flight...I was safe.

I couldn't find the frame. I dId find the spares so to order another set I called the eye doctor who, being Cuban, refused to cooperate without filling out 20 forms...from Pascagoula...you know where the Cubans are right ?

So I called emergency for the main butcher...was put on hold....turned finding the Assyrians had hung the frames from the UPPER SEATBELT MECHANISM.

thanks Gilgamesh

Old April 8th 15, 07:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 4/8/2015 10:56 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

and perhaps

"The injured cyclist was not wearing
day-glow clothing, his bike was not sprayed with reflective
paint, and he was not using a high-powered daytime strobe
light,

which along with a lack of headgear were all contributing
factors to his femur fracture."

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 8th 15, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I assume lifespray is sprayable on bare skin ?

BOO !

Old April 8th 15, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

which along with a lack of headgear were all contributing
factors to his femur fracture."

the femur fracture was a cover up for not wearing a helmet into a concussion

Old April 8th 15, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 11:56:53 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

Around towm I've noticed a large increase in the number of pedestrians wearing work crew type safety vests. I've also noticed an increase in the number of stores selling such vests as even some dolar type stores are selling them.

Funny how if you go to a hospital to have road rash on your arms and legs cleaned out (swerved to miss a dog off the leash on a rail-trail and hit loose gravel on the side of the trail) the doctors/nurses ask if you were wearing a helmet. Doesn't seem to matter to them that you didn't hit your head. When it happened to me I told them that yes i was wearing a helmet but unfortunately I was wearing it on my head because it was my arm ang leg that hit the trail not my head.

Seems to me that there's a new market developing for bicycles to have all sorts of high-viz stuff on them even in daytime.

Cheers
Old April 9th 15, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Cheers

several friends are nurses and doctors

asking abt motorcycles brings in the headshake and hand on forehead..that category physical response.

every Friday and Saturday....traumatic motorcycle accidents sometimes on a 3 day holiday like a MASH UNIT

no doubto motorcycle spills into the bicycle area with a few bike casualties

and are lumped together

the meds ask abt the helmet,,,they're asking if you have a potential subdural hematoma,,,bleeding between brain and skull.

Old April 9th 15, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 11:50:57 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

BTW, it's not just California. http://www.oregonlive.com/commuting/...e_bicycli.html http://bikeportland.org/2015/02/27/o...lothing-135100

-- Jay Beattie.

Old April 9th 15, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 8:45:33 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

OH OH! Look at this part:
"According to the text of the bill, Davis wants anyone caught riding a bicycle, "on a highway or on premises open to the public" without wearing reflective clothing to be punished by a maximum fine of $250. The bill also dictates that the clothing is, "including but not limited to a reflective coat or reflective vest." The new law would only apply to people riding bicycles at night (between sunset and sunrise)."

Seems that he wants a LOT of high-visible clothing if you ride after dusk. Or is he just trying to kill bicycling by making it too expensive (10 times the fine of similar laws elsewhere)so that motorists can have all roads for themselves?

"Similar bills have been introduced in California, Wyoming and South Dakota.. In California, Senate Bill 192 mandates helmets for all ages and reflective clothing, but carries a maximum fine of just $25."

Seems counter productive to getting citizens to be physically active.

Cheers
Old April 9th 15, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Cheers

several friends are nurses and doctors

asking abt motorcycles brings in the headshake and hand on forehead..that category physical response.

every Friday and Saturday....traumatic motorcycle accidents sometimes on a 3 day holiday like a MASH UNIT

no doubto motorcycle spills into the bicycle area with a few bike casualties

and are lumped together

the meds ask abt the helmet,,,they're asking if you have a potential subdural hematoma,,,bleeding between brain and skull.

The patient often doesn't even know if they hit their head. My sister the other day was diagnosed with a slight concussion after falling down tthe stairs a couple of days earlier yet she didn't think she hit her head.like in military combat, sometimes a helmet helps sometimes a helmet makes it worse.. A near miss with an artillery or mortar round can decapitate a soldier if the chin strap is fastened rather than the helmet itself leaving the head. The strong secure chin strapcauses the head to leave with the helmet.

Cheers