Looking for a good cycling tour events?

Old July 12th 04, 04:59 AM
Walrus

Default Looking for a good cycling tour events?

I want to find a cycling tour event in either Vic, NSW, SA or QLD. What
are the best based on the following criteria? My friends and I are
willing to fly somewhere for a change of scenery (we live in Vic).

- Supported.
- In the 7-14 day duration range
- Can be Tassie or NZ.

Old July 12th 04, 05:15 AM
flyingdutch

Walrus wrote:
I want to find a cycling tour event in either Vic, NSW, SA or QLD. What
are the best based on the following criteria? My friends and I are
willing to fly somewhere for a change of scenery (we live in Vic).
- Supported.
- In the 7-14 day duration range
- Can be Tassie or NZ.

checkout bv.comau (they did a NZ not so long ago) or might supply links
to such the back few pages of the australian cyclist (and their website)
also regularly include such things.

That nullarbor crossing is my personal goal Or the 10 day one ending in
Melbourne on the Saturday before the Round-the-Bay-in-a-day, maybe?

Why not do something like catch the train over th Adelaide and take the
coast road back?

Old July 12th 04, 05:40 AM
Jack Russell

--

the big NSW ride is very well organised but you have to wait another 6
months, VicBike have a tassie ride in early 2005.

Otherwise there are various private rides advertised in Australian
Cyclist but I have never tried any.

Jack Russell

--
Remove norubbish to reply direct

Jack Russell

Old July 12th 04, 07:00 AM
cfsmtb

Some links that maybe of interest to you,

Melbourne Bicycle Touring Club http://www.mbtc.org.au

Audax http://www.audax.org.au

Bicycle Tours and Cycling Diaries
http://www.bicycles.net.au/links/tours.html

Railtrails Australia Home http://www.railtrails.org.au/

Old July 12th 04, 08:12 AM
JH

.. .

Have a look at http://www.cyclequeensland.com/

Old July 12th 04, 02:10 PM
EggBeeta

http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au...4295/index.cfm

Cairns to Kurumba ...... 7 days, 760km, just finished

http://www.cancer-ride-nq.net/index.html

29 - 30 - 31 July Townsville to Cairns, 3 days, 360 km

"JH" wrote in message
.. .