Sigma BC 1606L + Cadence Computer

Old June 26th 07, 01:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew Priest

Default Sigma BC 1606L + Cadence Computer

G'day

I am looking for a new computer for my flatbar (commuting) and was
considering the Sigma BC 1606L + Cadence (probably wireless) and was
interested in feedback from any users.

Also interested in alternatives offering similiar specs ...
particulary cadence measurement.

Thanks in advance
Andrew
Old June 26th 07, 08:50 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:51:46 +0800
Andrew Priest wrote:
G'day

I am looking for a new computer for my flatbar (commuting) and was
considering the Sigma BC 1606L + Cadence (probably wireless) and was
interested in feedback from any users.

I have a wired version. Does the job, what more can I say?

Zebee
Old June 26th 07, 10:02 PM posted to aus.bicycle
NickP

The Sigma wireless pickup I had stopped working in a few months, and the
warranty replacement went the same way...haven't had any problem with the
wired units.

Old June 26th 07, 11:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew Priest

Andrew Priest wrote:
G'day

I am looking for a new computer for my flatbar (commuting) and was
considering the Sigma BC 1606L + Cadence (probably wireless) and was
interested in feedback from any users.

I have a wired version. Does the job, what more can I say?

Thanks. Any issues with it in the rain? I guess not from your
comments, but asking just in case ....

Regards
Andrew
Old June 26th 07, 11:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew Priest

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:02:35 +1000, "NickP"
wrote:

The Sigma wireless pickup I had stopped working in a few months, and the
warranty replacement went the same way...haven't had any problem with the
wired units.

Thanks. Was thinking wireless but maybe not now.

Regards
Andrew
Old June 27th 07, 12:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Andrew Priest wrote:
G'day

I am looking for a new computer for my flatbar (commuting) and was
considering the Sigma BC 1606L + Cadence (probably wireless) and was
interested in feedback from any users.

I have a wired version. Does the job, what more can I say?

Thanks. Any issues with it in the rain? I guess not from your
comments, but asking just in case ....

It has only just learned about rain... But no, no problems. I did
have a problem with one version which after about 6 months faded to
unreadability even when given a new battery. Was replaced by
PhantomCycles. The replacement is fine and I've never had that
problem with other Sigmas, been using them on the motorcycle in all
weathers for 4 years.

Zebee
Old June 27th 07, 12:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Andrew Priest wrote:
"NickP wrote:

The Sigma wireless pickup I had stopped working in a few months, and
the warranty replacement went the same way...haven't had any problem
with the wired units.

Thanks. Was thinking wireless but maybe not now.

I had/still have somewhere, a wireless Cateye. Worked very well but only on
the front wheel. When standing next to some cars at traffic lights my
stationary speed shot up to over 100 km/h.

Theo

Old June 27th 07, 01:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Jun 26, 10:51 pm, Andrew Priest wrote:
G'day

I am looking for a new computer for my flatbar (commuting) and was
considering the Sigma BC 1606L + Cadence (probably wireless) and was
interested in feedback from any users.

I have a number of the 1200's on my roadies, they're reliable (but
they're wired, not wireless), they do drop out in heavy rain, but
they're less prone to it than cateyes were when I used them.

I haven't seen many come back as warranty jobs, but we're not selling
them anymore - we're doing VDO (via Apollo) - so my exposure to them
is less than it might otherwise be.

Old June 27th 07, 01:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew Priest

On 26 Jun 2007 23:15:03 GMT, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

It has only just learned about rain... But no, no problems. I did
have a problem with one version which after about 6 months faded to
unreadability even when given a new battery. Was replaced by
PhantomCycles. The replacement is fine and I've never had that
problem with other Sigmas, been using them on the motorcycle in all
weathers for 4 years.

Thanks. Useful information.

Regards
Andrew
Old June 27th 07, 01:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew Priest

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:16:51 +0800, "Theo Bekkers"
wrote:

I had/still have somewhere, a wireless Cateye. Worked very well but only on
the front wheel. When standing next to some cars at traffic lights my
stationary speed shot up to over 100 km/h.

Good average that ride then :-)

Andrew