If you're in Paris

Old July 27th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default If you're in Paris

I'm making a list of places to work out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3IGMgj9M_M

-ilan
Old July 27th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

I thought you were down south. I got in a couple of days ago.
Old July 27th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 27, 10:30 pm, Robert Chung wrote:
I thought you were down south. I got in a couple of days ago.

Unfortunately, I've been back for a couple of weeks. Just a couple of
more weeks and it's out of here! In the meantime, I've been looking
around Paris for interesting spots to work out. Coming up next are the
Cour de Rohan and Sacre Coeur.

Speaking of which, during today's stage, I was imagining myself doing
the Ollivier commentary on Paris sights:

Sacre Coeur: This beautiful landmark was built to expiate the killing
of some 30,000 Parisians by the French government when it crushed the
Paris Commune of 1871 and to restore religious authority rejected by
the Godless Communards.

Jardin des Tuileries: On the other side from the Pyramide du Louvre
you can see some nicely trimmed bushes. These are frequented by the
local gay community and are ideal spot for them to get some anonymous
sex.

-ilan
Old July 27th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

On Jul 27, 11:38*pm, wrote:

Speaking of which, during today's stage, I was imagining myself doing
the Ollivier commentary on Paris sights:

That guy cracks me up. He reminds me of those poor guys whose job is
to write the stuff that appear on the backs of product boxes. The more
mundane the product (like cereal) the more amazing the copy.
Old July 27th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:09:17 -0700 (PDT), Robert Chung
wrote:

On Jul 27, 11:38Â*pm, wrote:

Speaking of which, during today's stage, I was imagining myself doing
the Ollivier commentary on Paris sights:

That guy cracks me up. He reminds me of those poor guys whose job is
to write the stuff that appear on the backs of product boxes. The more
mundane the product (like cereal) the more amazing the copy.

Actually it seems they have a chick doiing the write-ups and he just
reads them, based on an off-the-cuff comment by Adam during the week.
Old July 27th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Holy ****. You mean, they just use him for his voice?
Old July 27th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 28, 12:09 am, Robert Chung wrote:
On Jul 27, 11:38 pm, wrote:

Speaking of which, during today's stage, I was imagining myself doing
the Ollivier commentary on Paris sights:

That guy cracks me up. He reminds me of those poor guys whose job is
to write the stuff that appear on the backs of product boxes. The more
mundane the product (like cereal) the more amazing the copy.

Well, I did get to see the Chateau de Dampierre today on the coverage.
I've ridden by a hundred times but never stopped. The one time I tried
to go in with my wife, there turned out to be a pretty hefty fee to
visit the grounds (that is, anything not free) and didn't go in.

Ollivier is also pretty funny when he doesn't know something (that is,
they show something that he didn't prepare for), one time this year,
they showed a car racing track and asked him what it was and he just
said: A car racing track. He also made reference to the cotes des 17
tournants but obviously didn't know it was just out of Dampierre,
probably because he's never ridden there (or anywhere I might assume).
On the other hand, Fignon did know the Cote de la Madeleine a 10-12%
narrow climb out of Chevreuse which I would have mentioned (I used to
do repeats there), it was used in Blois-Chaville, which I didn't know,
so was recalling some intense moments. I was also annoyed that the
didn't mention the Anquetil stelle, probably because they were
interviewing France TV sports boss Daniel Bilhaillan at the exact
moment that the peloton went by.

-ilan
Old July 27th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

wrote:
On Jul 27, 11:38Â*pm, wrote:

Speaking of which, during today's stage, I was imagining myself doing
the Ollivier commentary on Paris sights:

That guy cracks me up. He reminds me of those poor guys whose job is
to write the stuff that appear on the backs of product boxes. The more
mundane the product (like cereal) the more amazing the copy.

Actually it seems they have a chick doiing the write-ups and he just
reads them, based on an off-the-cuff comment by Adam during the week.

Holy ****. You mean, they just use him for his voice?

I wouldn't have thought so, but that comment by Adam, made me think
he's reading a lot of stuff that's been prepared by others. He does
make a lot cycling related comments that are his though. I was amazed
that Fignon knew that Hinault had won a sprint in StEtienne and not an
ITT as JPO thought.

Old July 28th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote in message
On the other hand, Fignon did know the Cote de la Madeleine a 10-12%
narrow climb out of Chevreuse which I would have mentioned (I used to
do repeats there), it was used in Blois-Chaville, which I didn't know,
so was recalling some intense moments.

Is that pronounced "Blooey-Chevy' "?

Old July 28th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

On Jul 28, 1:18*am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
wrote in message

On the other hand, Fignon did know the Cote de la Madeleine a 10-12%
narrow climb out of Chevreuse *which I would have mentioned (I used to
do repeats there), it was used in Blois-Chaville, which I didn't know,
so was recalling some intense moments.

Is that pronounced "Blooey-Chevy' "?

No.

the madness of Paris-Brest-Paris........ Crescentius Vespasianus Techniques 31 September 8th 07 03:17 AM
Paris Brest Paris on Fixed Gear-Emily O'Brien Sheldon Brown General 1 September 7th 07 11:04 PM
Paris-Brest-Paris David Damerell UK 20 August 24th 06 05:40 PM
Paris-Brest-Paris essendon93 Australia 29 October 22nd 05 07:20 AM