Need Rim Help

Old December 24th 03, 01:30 PM
98GTW

Default Need Rim Help

It was an impulse buy, for sure, but I couldn't help myself. Grabbed a
Ritchey Pro Disc hubset from ebay (They're a very attractive red that I
hope will look good with the red frame of my Presto).
Now I need to find rims to match.
I'm looking for 451 diameter 20-inch wheels, 32-hole, to fit 20x1-1/8 to
20x1-3/8 tires.
So far my choices seem to be:

Sun CR18

Alex VP15F
Alex DA22
Alex DR13
Alex R390

Can anyone add to the list? Anyone have experience with any of these or
others? I've found the CR18 and the R390 available, but none of the rest.

My appreciation to any and all who add their comments.

Looking for answers in all the wrong places.
--
Dave
98GTW

(remove nospam to reply directly)
Presto, Presto II, Screamer
Old December 24th 03, 02:13 PM
Guess Who I Am

Hi:
you also have:

sun m13
sun m14a
velocity aero

Thank you Earl
GRR,RANS V2
Ti Rush,Ti Pursuit

Old December 24th 03, 04:30 PM
rorschandt

98GTW wrote in
05.14:

It was an impulse buy, for sure, but I couldn't help myself. Grabbed
Ritchey Pro Disc hubset from ebay (They're a very attractive red that
I hope will look good with the red frame of my Presto).
Now I need to find rims to match.
I'm looking for 451 diameter 20-inch wheels, 32-hole, to fit 20x1-1/8
to 20x1-3/8 tires.
So far my choices seem to be:

Sun CR18

Alex VP15F
Alex DA22
Alex DR13
Alex R390

Can anyone add to the list? Anyone have experience with any of these
or others? I've found the CR18 and the R390 available, but none of the
rest.

My appreciation to any and all who add their comments.

Looking for answers in all the wrong places.

I'd like to know where you get 32 hole rims in 451 or 406. Seriously. They
are inevitably 28, 36 or 48 when I go looking.
http://www.danscomp.com/ has a fair selection of 20" rims aimed at the BMX
market.Some are narrow and aero,but none come in the 32 hole configuration.
Bikepartsusa.com has Sun CR-18 in 406(20x1.5)w/32 holes.

-- r
Old December 24th 03, 05:05 PM
98GTW

rorschandt wrote in
. 97.132:

98GTW wrote in
05.14:

[...]

Alfred E Bike has the Alex
http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=RM7530
and the Sun
http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=RM8471

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the Alex's, but want to search a
little more thoroughly first.

Old December 24th 03, 07:07 PM
Don

http://www.velocityusa.com/
Old December 24th 03, 07:07 PM
Don

http://www.velocityusa.com/
Old December 25th 03, 12:58 AM
Jeff Wills

98GTW wrote in message . 105.14...
Alfred E Bike has the Alex
http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=RM7530
and the Sun
http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=RM8471

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the Alex's, but want to search a
little more thoroughly first.

Talk to the Bike Friday people (www.greengear.com) - they sold me an
Alex 451 32-hole rim a couple months back. They're probably the best
people for 451 rims and tires anywhere.

The Alex is a replacement for a Sun CR-18 that got run over. If you
want bombproof, a CR-18 is it.

Jeff

Old December 29th 03, 12:31 PM
98GTW