2004 Ontario Trials Tour (Ryan Atkins' "BOOM BOOM shizniddlebam gap-jam")

Old November 25th 03, 03:28 AM
m_extreme_uni

Default 2004 Ontario Trials Tour (Ryan Atkins' "BOOM BOOM shizniddlebam gap-jam")

2004 Ontario Trials tour

I cam up with this idea, tell me what you think…

Ok, the weekend could start (Thursday) with everyone meeting in Toronto
for 2 days of awesome riding. We could set up a competition at the
“Beaches” which I can vouch is awesome trials! This is a lot of really
good trials within a small space, so no one would wander off, and
everyone would get to know each other, hang out, and have a good time.

Then, the following day, (Friday) we could have a big group urban ride
in downtown Toronto. We wouldn’t compete that day, just ride for fun,
and just hang out. Generally a leisure ride, and then set up for some
group activity that night.

That night everyone comes to Brooklin (where I live) to ride a bit, and
sleep, and then we could leave early the next morning (Saturday) to head
off to my cottage. That day we could do some wakeboarding, and
waterskiing, and some unicycle cliff jumping incorporated in with trials
riding.

The following day (Sunday) would be a big competition, a 2 part
competition incorporating natural and man-made stunts. It would start
out in the morning with the comp right around my cottage, then in the
afternoon, we would go down the lake to a peninsula, and maybe some
other island (in boats) to ride trials. (good riding!) After the
competition, we could head back to my cottage for some swimming, and
dinner, and then sleep.

The next morning (Monday) we could all drive to Ottawa to ride around
downtown, and the parliament buildings. This would also be a leisure
ride.

Last day of the competition (Tuesday) would be a comp at Hogs Back. This
would be a lot of fun.

The main focus of this weekend wouldn’t be competition, but it would be
just used to keep things interesting, with an “Ontario Trials king!”
award up for grabs. The competitions would all be based on the U-rating
system, however if there was a lack of good sections, or a tie from a
previous day, one of the comps might use “NATS” rules.

There would be free lodging at my house and for everyone at my cottage,
and I’m thinking of about a $50 CAN charge for food, and the medals. All
transportation would have to be arranged for, but I’m sure there would
be a few spots here and there for people to bum rides.

Thanks for reading, and that’s all. Please post your comments. I’m
thinking this comp could be the first weekend of the summer. (What a
good way to start the summer!)

-Ryan

There's a
'Movie' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albus24) in my gallery
showing some of the riding around my cottage, in brooklin, and a bit of
downtown Toronto.

--
m_extreme_uni

I must only use these powers to annoy!!!
m_extreme_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/809

Old November 25th 03, 03:39 AM
hopeful

whoa! that sounds awesome. you can count me in for sure, especially
since I might be moving to montreal this summer! thanks for coming up
with an awesome plan and when you get defininte dates, please post
them.

thanks
~Matt

--
hopeful - Street Performer

a sawzall...!? why not just use an axe. -- Jagur

Long live the Lotus -- Mojoe
hopeful's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4470

Old November 25th 03, 03:48 AM
harper

Dang, Ryan. I was just there. Why didn't you think of this earlier? I'll
be back in mid December. Is that too soon?

--
harper - Old dog, no tricks

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"I managed to get my missus riding a couple of yards before she got
pregnant with Jenny, but she hasn't tried riding since. " - Danny
Colyer

"Sa da tay! Sepotown!" - Pootie Tang

"Know thyself. Of course, try to know Claudia Schiffer and Salma Hayak
but, failing that, at least know thyself." - Greg Harper

Old November 25th 03, 04:02 AM
XWonka

I absolutely love the idea...

But i'm afraid my biggest hurdle will be geting the parents to OK the
idea. I would try my hardest to make it.

--
XWonka - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Old threads don't die... they just fade away.
XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957

Old November 25th 03, 04:05 AM
James_Potter

I'm in the same predicament as XWonka.

If it's after school ends, definitely. If it's not, then I won't make
it.
My school year ends around June 5 or 6. Will it be after this?

--
James_Potter - Rubiks Cube CHAMPION (almost)

-This post *would* be in the most replies thread, if *GILBY* hadn't
killed it.-

Old November 25th 03, 04:10 AM
unibrow

probably about 4 or 5 or the Royal Riders are in to anybody near
victoria nanimo or duncan area that would need a ride we have a 15
passenger van.

--
unibrow - ROYAL RIDERS RULE )--(x)

phfff who unicycles...
unibrow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2496

Old November 25th 03, 05:09 AM
aust

im in, school or no school

--
aust - first... there was nothing

Unicycler
Paintballer
Snowboarder

MSN/e-Mail:
Austin_hamer(at)hotmail(dot)com
aust's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4767

Old November 25th 03, 05:16 AM
zach_jucha

Maybe I'll make it up there if I can stay with somone again like I did
with Nathan at the CA MUni weekend. There's money saved for something
like this. And maybe I'll have the video finished by then, or better
yet, not have the video finished and be able to film more Anyway,
this looks really awesome. So when is everybody coming to Tucson?

--
zach_jucha - coming to a town near you

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

"Hey are cards that aren't rare but are more expensive then the average
card worthy of plastic sleeves?"

- Zach Jucha, Ultimate Nerd
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

Old November 25th 03, 06:24 AM
Eublapharis13

I'd love to come...

--
Eublapharis13 - Unicycle destroyer

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their
shoes.
Eublapharis13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4065

Old November 25th 03, 11:38 AM
pete66

but it's Summer already . Or, haven't you guys seen Santa with his
sunnies on? I'll be heading over to England sometime next year so I
guess I won't say no just yet

Would love an (extremely good) excuse to stop by in Toronto again too.

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812