MUni & Trials on Japanese TV

Old February 28th 04, 09:42 PM
danger_uni

Default MUni & Trials on Japanese TV

Hi,

Just thought I'd share a funny and somewhat weird filming experience I
had over the last couple of days, for a Japanese TV show called Junk
Sports (Fuji Television).

It was really cheesy but pretty fun because I had to act a bit (very
badly!)

Over the last 2 episodes Junk sports has been featuring Keigo Arizono,
the current world biketrials champion, going about his daily life but
doing everthing while riding his bike, including shopping, some stunt
riding around town, and basically just riding around and and jumping
over people and parked cars and structures, etc.

In his latest adventure he travels to Vancouver, where he "accidently"
runs into me riding trials in downtown Vancouver.

I initially view him with "suspicion" as he's supposed to be treading on
my turf, so to speak, and I take him around to show him some hard stuff
to ride on. We do some of urban and beach-log riding in downtown
Vancouver, and then I take him to the Vancouver North Shore to show him
some hardcore freeriding.

In the end however, we become great friends in the story and ride into
the sunset together on the Lions Gate bridge, a landmark bridge in
Vancouver.

Anyway, it was really fun despite the cheesy mainstream TV factor, and
the show reaches about 15 million people per episode, so hopefully it
will help a bit with awareness of MUni in Japan.

Kris Holm

--
danger_uni - Kris Holm
danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21

Old February 28th 04, 09:46 PM
muniracer

i hope someone will put it online.

Nihongo de hanashima****a ka, or did you speak in english?

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

www.hellonwheel.cjb.net
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Old March 1st 04, 09:45 PM
merrill

How was the weather during the shoot? Wet or dry?

How did Keigo like North Shore?

--
merrill - Confinement Loaf

"...more and more of our imports are coming from overseas."
Dubya on On NPR's Morning Edition
merrill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/818

Old March 1st 04, 10:07 PM
danger_uni

merrill wrote:
*How was the weather during the shoot? Wet or dry?

How did Keigo like North Shore? *

It was wet, but not raining. Keigo doesn't ever ride on trails (just
trials) so he was pretty shocked at the Shore at first, especially on
one high ladderbridge we went to. However, being who he was he
rapidly adjusted and we had a great day together.

Nothing we did was super high-end riding because the director cared more
about scenarios and dramatic shots than technical difficulty (because
the audience isn't going to understand the technical part anyway), but
I'll see if I can post something if I get a copy of the show.

Kris.