Campy Derailleur rear 10 and 9 speeds

Old August 25th 03, 11:03 AM
Jean Pasquet

Default Campy Derailleur rear 10 and 9 speeds

Hi,

Campy dérailleur rear 10 and 9 speeds, after 2001, are compatible?
Can one put on a cassette 9 speeds, a ergopower 9 speeds after 2001, with a
dérailleur rear 10 speeds without problem?
Campagnolo say not, the reviews say yes, without problem !
Which is your opinion? Which technical reserve?
Thank you with you

--
Cordialement,
Jean Pasquet

Old August 25th 03, 11:46 AM
Pete Biggs

Jean Pasquet wrote:
Campy dérailleur rear 10 and 9 speeds, after 2001, are compatible?
Can one put on a cassette 9 speeds, a ergopower 9 speeds after 2001,
with a dérailleur rear 10 speeds without problem?

I believe the 9 & 10sp geometry is the same with the 2001+ models so they
should be compatible. The only difference is the jockey wheels (and
jockey wheel bolts?) but these can be changed if you wish.

~PB

Old August 25th 03, 01:38 PM
Jean Pasquet

Bonjour,

Pete Biggs avait écrit dans son message :

Jean Pasquet wrote:
Campy dérailleur rear 10 and 9 speeds, after 2001, are compatible?
Can one put on a cassette 9 speeds, a ergopower 9 speeds after 2001,
with a dérailleur rear 10 speeds without problem?

I believe the 9 & 10sp geometry is the same with the 2001+ models so they
should be compatible. The only difference is the jockey wheels (and
jockey wheel bolts?) but these can be changed if you wish.

~PB

Ok;
The question that I installation is to change the derailleur rear 9 speeds.
And to pre-empt a future passage in 10 speeds.
Lifespan of a derailleur, taking into account the catch of play of the
parallelogram ?
This is well the sorrow to envisage that ?

Old August 25th 03, 01:38 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Jean- Campy dérailleur rear 10 and 9 speeds, after 2001, are compatible?
BRBR

Yes and before 2001, regardless of what web siters say. You can use any ERGO
with any rear der, from any year...

Can one put on a cassette 9 speeds, a ergopower 9 speeds after 2001, with a
dérailleur rear 10 speeds without problem?
Campagnolo say not, the reviews say yes, without problem ! BRBR

Yes w/o problem, we do it all the time-

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 25th 03, 01:39 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Pete- I believe the 9 & 10sp geometry is the same with the 2001+ models so
they
should be compatible. The only difference is the jockey wheels (and
jockey wheel bolts?) but these can be changed if you wish. BRBR

Actually pulleys are now labeled '9-10', there is no difference. And you can
use a pre 2001 rear der with 2003 ERGO w/o problem as well...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 25th 03, 02:32 PM
Jean Pasquet

Bonjour,

Qui si parla Campagnolo avait écrit dans son message :

Pete- I believe the 9 & 10sp geometry is the same with the 2001+ models
so they
should be compatible. The only difference is the jockey wheels (and
jockey wheel bolts?) but these can be changed if you wish. BRBR

Actually pulleys are now labeled '9-10', there is no difference. And you
can use a pre 2001 rear der with 2003 ERGO w/o problem as well...

Yes, it is !
On my current derailleur rear of before 2000, the pulleys are of the 9/10.
But, they are always referred RE600 into 9 and RE 700 in 10, at Campa !
Thank you !

Old August 25th 03, 02:38 PM
Jean Pasquet

Bonjour,

Qui si parla Campagnolo avait écrit dans son message :

Yes and before 2001, regardless of what web siters say. You can use any
ERGO with any rear der, from any year...

Yes, but by modifying the ergopower with kit EC. RE063, isn't this?

Can one put on a cassette 9 speeds, a ergopower 9 speeds after 2001,
with a dérailleur rear 10 speeds without problem?

Yes w/o problem, we do it all the time-

It is clear! I will make this choice
Thank you !

Old August 25th 03, 05:19 PM
Pete Biggs

Yes and before 2001, regardless of what web siters say. You can use
any ERGO with any rear der, from any year...

Just to state a fact (then people can make up their own mind whether they
want to live with the error or not), there is a physical difference with
the 9-speed pre 2001 rear derailleurs which had a cable ratio of 67% as
opposed to 70%.

~PB

Old August 26th 03, 04:04 PM
Jean Pasquet

Bonjour,

Qui si parla Campagnolo avait écrit dans son message :

pasquet- Yes, but by modifying the ergopower with kit EC. RE063, isn't
this?

Nope, not required, no need to change anything. We use new rear ders with
old(1992) ERGO and vice versa all the time w/o problem.

How?
By modifying the angle of fastener of the cable on the derailleur rear to
change reduction it?
Not obvious to calculate, because the difference is weak!