Tirreno Adriatico, stage 3 summary

Old March 16th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Tirreno Adriatico, stage 3 summary

Changes in stage 3 compared to stage 2

Biggest gainers by position :
+109 José Luis Rubiera
+107 Stéphane Goubert
+96 Luca Mazzanti
+92 Marco Fertonani
+86 David Arroyo
+80 Michael Boogerd
+80 Alexander Vinokourov
+79 Ricardo Serrano
+78 Serguei Yakovlev
+78 Alessandro Spezialetti

Biggest losers by position :
-131 Sven Krauss
-128 Loyd Mondory
-110 Sébastien Chavanel
-107 Luciano Pagliarini
-105 Robbie McEwen
-101 Bernhard Eisel
-95 Maximiliano Richeze
-91 Franck Renier
-87 Gabriele Balducci
-86 Alexei Markov
-85 Alexandre Pichot

Biggest gainers by time :
+0:46 Riccardo Riccň
+0:40 Alexander Vinokourov
+0:38 Andreas Klöden
+0:34 Thomas Dekker
+0:34 Stéphane Goubert
+0:34 Stefano Garzelli
+0:34 Stefan Schumacher
+0:34 Staf Scheirlinckx
+0:34 Serguei Yakovlev
+0:34 Rinaldo Nocentini

Biggest losers by time :
-14:43 Dario Andriotto
-14:43 Gabriele Balducci
-14:43 Giuseppe Muraglia
-12:42 Andreas Klier
-12:42 Arnaud Gerard
-12:42 Bram De Groot
-12:42 Erki Pütsep
-12:42 Fabian Cancellara
-12:42 Loyd Mondory
-12:42 Paride Grillo
-12:42 Tyler Hamilton

Favourites by position :
+109 José Luis Rubiera
+86 David Arroyo
+80 Michael Boogerd
+80 Alexander Vinokourov
+40 Leonardo Piepoli
+39 Jens Voigt
+29 Ivan Basso
+28 Stefano Garzelli
+27 Andreas Klöden
+17 Dario Cioni
+4 Tyler Hamilton
+3 Fabian Cancellara
-8 Laurent Brochard
-15 Paolo Bettini
-21 Unai Etxebarria
-45 Serguei Ivanov
-64 Peter Wrolich

Favourites by time :
+0:40 Alexander Vinokourov
+0:38 Andreas Klöden
+0:34 Stefano Garzelli
+0:34 Michael Boogerd
+0:34 José Luis Rubiera
+0:34 Jens Voigt
+0:34 David Arroyo
+0:27 Laurent Brochard
+0:18 Dario Cioni
-1:33 Paolo Bettini
-3:58 Leonardo Piepoli
-6:18 Serguei Ivanov
-6:18 Ivan Basso
-7:37 Peter Wrolich
-12:42 Tyler Hamilton
-12:42 Fabian Cancellara

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alexandr Arekeev 15.07.50
2 Riccardo Riccň 0.21
3 Oscar Freire 0.27
4 Alexander Vinokourov 0.27
5 Andreas Klöden 0.29
9 Stefano Garzelli 0.33
13 Jens Voigt 0.33
21 Michael Boogerd 0.33
23 David Arroyo 0.33
27 José Luis Rubiera 0.33
28 Laurent Brochard 0.40
33 Dario Cioni 0.49
44 Unai Etxebarria 1.07
78 Paolo Bettini 2.40
99 Leonardo Piepoli 5.05
103 Serguei Ivanov 7.25
108 Ivan Basso 7.25
118 Peter Wrolich 8.44
161 Fabian Cancellara 36.07
162 Tyler Hamilton 38.54

Retirements to date :
Bouygues Telecom Aurélien Clerc
Caisse d'Epargne Iván Gutiérrez
Ceramica Panaria-Navigare Moisés Aldape Chavez
Cofidis Geoffroy Lequatre
Crédit Agricole Yannick Talabardon
Française Des Jeux Cyrille Monnerais
Lampre-Fondital Paolo Fornaciari
Rabobank Grischa Niermann
Tinkoff Credit Systems Ruggero Marzoli
Total retirements : 9

Old March 16th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Bob Martin wrote:
[...]

Bob, is there any mechanism for gracefully dropping someone from your
favorites (aka favourites) list? It seems to me if you "oughta be a
contenda" and you're 40 minutes back after three stages, that it's
embarrassing for everyone involved. Show a little mercy, big guy!

Maybe after a certain point you could substitute an anagram for the
person's name. Like Tyler Hamilton becomes Little Harmony. Or better
yet, Tolerantly Him. Even keeps the same initials. Think about it.

Old March 17th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
mike

"RicodJour" wrote in
oups.com:

Bob Martin wrote:
Changes in stage 3 compared to stage 2

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alexandr Arekeev 15.07.50
2 Riccardo Riccň 0.21
3 Oscar Freire 0.27
4 Alexander Vinokourov 0.27
5 Andreas Klöden 0.29

Bob, is there any mechanism for gracefully dropping someone from your
favorites (aka favourites) list? It seems to me if you "oughta be a
contenda" and you're 40 minutes back after three stages, that it's
embarrassing for everyone involved. Show a little mercy, big guy!

Maybe after a certain point you could substitute an anagram for the
person's name. Like Tyler Hamilton becomes Little Harmony. Or better
yet, Tolerantly Him. Even keeps the same initials. Think about it.

Is "favourites" riders likely to win, or just riders people like?
-mike
Old March 17th 07, 08:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 538702 20070317 001347 mike wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in
roups.com:

Bob Martin wrote:
Changes in stage 3 compared to stage 2

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alexandr Arekeev 15.07.50
2 Riccardo Riccň 0.21
3 Oscar Freire 0.27
4 Alexander Vinokourov 0.27
5 Andreas Klöden 0.29

Bob, is there any mechanism for gracefully dropping someone from your
favorites (aka favourites) list? It seems to me if you "oughta be a
contenda" and you're 40 minutes back after three stages, that it's
embarrassing for everyone involved. Show a little mercy, big guy!

Maybe after a certain point you could substitute an anagram for the
person's name. Like Tyler Hamilton becomes Little Harmony. Or better
yet, Tolerantly Him. Even keeps the same initials. Think about it.

Is "favourites" riders likely to win, or just riders people like?
-mike

It's the riders that most people here seem to take an interest in - whether they
are doing well or badly. I've never liked the term "favourites" but can't think
of a better name. I don't usually include the sprinters because the summary
is all about the overall and to sprinters a stage race is just a series of one-dayers!

I'm always open to suggestions though.
Old March 17th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Nev Shea

Bob Martin wrote in
:

in 538702 20070317 001347 mike wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in
groups.com:

Is "favourites" riders likely to win, or just riders people like?
-mike

It's the riders that most people here seem to take an interest in -
whether they are doing well or badly. I've never liked the term
"favourites" but can't think of a better name. I don't usually
include the sprinters because the summary is all about the overall and
to sprinters a stage race is just a series of one-dayers!

I'm always open to suggestions though.

If they are riders people here take an interest in, then just call them
dumbasses instead of favorites. That seems appropriate for this gang.

NS
dumbass not in Bob's db