Found: Red flashing light

Old September 14th 07, 10:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

Default Found: Red flashing light

It bounced off a bike crossing Nicholson and Johnston St. last
night. Belong to anyone here?

Cheers

--
Human Powered Cycles | High quality servicing and repairs
| Affordable second hand bikes
(03) 9029 6504 | Bicycle reuse centre
www.humanpowered.com.au | Mechanical and on-road training and instruction
Old September 17th 07, 10:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Joel Mayes wrote:
It bounced off a bike crossing Nicholson and Johnston St. last
night. Belong to anyone here?

Nope, not me.

Unless it's a really, REALLY nice one. ;-)

BTH

Old September 17th 07, 10:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_429_]

BT Humble Wrote:
Joel Mayes wrote:
It bounced off a bike crossing Nicholson and Johnston St. last
night. Belong to anyone here?

Nope, not me.

Unless it's a really, REALLY nice one. ;-)

Had rear Vista fall off a rider in front of me on the Moonee Ponds path
about 5 years ago. Despite loud vocal attempts + ensuing chase to return
it to it's rightful owner, it ended up on my bike. Unfortunately the
light ended it's days when it bounced out of a dodgy DIY bracket and
into a tram track seconds before a No. 55 mashed it into oblivion.

--
cfsmtb

Old September 17th 07, 10:01 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Ray

In article , cfsmtb.2x1u60
@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com says...

BT Humble Wrote:
Joel Mayes wrote:
It bounced off a bike crossing Nicholson and Johnston St. last
night. Belong to anyone here?

Nope, not me.

Unless it's a really, REALLY nice one. ;-)

Had rear Vista fall off a rider in front of me on the Moonee Ponds path
about 5 years ago. Despite loud vocal attempts + ensuing chase to return
it to it's rightful owner, it ended up on my bike. Unfortunately the
light ended it's days when it bounced out of a dodgy DIY bracket and
into a tram track seconds before a No. 55 mashed it into oblivion.

Presactly!

That was the first thought that crosed my mind. Especially at the
intersection mentioned. You're almost dead meat on a bike through there.
it's hard to believe a light would live long before being pummeled into
the asphalt!

Ray
Old September 18th 07, 01:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Graeme Dods

On Sep 15, 5:43 am, Joel Mayes wrote:
It bounced off a bike crossing Nicholson and Johnston St. last
night. Belong to anyone here?

Funny, I didn't realise you needed to light anything up whilst
flashing, though I suppose if you were to then red is an appropriate
choice.

Graeme

Old September 18th 07, 10:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

cfsmtb wrote:
Had rear Vista fall off a rider in front of me on the Moonee Ponds path
about 5 years ago. Despite loud vocal attempts + ensuing chase to return
it to it's rightful owner, it ended up on my bike. Unfortunately the
light ended it's days when it bounced out of a dodgy DIY bracket and
into a tram track seconds before a No. 55 mashed it into oblivion.

Oh well. Easy come, easy go. ;-)

BTH

Old September 18th 07, 01:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_432_]

Ray Wrote:
That was the first thought that crosed my mind. Especially at the
intersection mentioned. You're almost dead meat on a bike through
there.
it's hard to believe a light would live long before being pummeled
into
the asphalt!

Which one? Crossing Abbotsford into Phlegmington Rd or that bit at
Elliot Ave or further up to Meville/Brunswick Rd or Dawson/Melville or
even the delights of Melville/Moreland? Ah memories ...

--
cfsmtb

Flashing lights Steve Hodgson UK 40 November 3rd 05 11:33 PM
Flashing light recommendation Martin UK 36 October 6th 05 07:59 PM
Flashing is legal Tony Raven UK 14 October 2nd 05 07:38 PM
DIY Flashing bicycle light Ken Marcet General 1 March 22nd 05 07:46 PM
Giant Revive / Mod. flashing light dvderek Recumbent Biking 1 September 17th 03 11:44 AM