A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Police lorry catches 4,000 dangerous drivers



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 6th 17, 06:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Bod[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,838
Default Police lorry catches 4,000 dangerous drivers

More than 4,000 drivers in England have been caught committing offences
over the last two years, following a special operation using a lorry,
police say.

Since April 2015, officers from 28 forces have used an unmarked lorry to
film examples of dangerous driving.

*One man in the East Midlands was seen steering with his knees while
eating lunch and using his mobile phone.*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41879328
--
Bod
Ads
  #2  
Old November 6th 17, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Police lorry catches 4,000 dangerous drivers

On Mon, 6 Nov 2017 05:42:34 +0000
Bod wrote:
More than 4,000 drivers in England have been caught committing offences
over the last two years, following a special operation using a lorry,
police say.

Since April 2015, officers from 28 forces have used an unmarked lorry to
film examples of dangerous driving.


Yeah, I've heard about that. Seems like a very good idea to me.


  #3  
Old November 6th 17, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,976
Default Police lorry catches 4,000 dangerous drivers

On 06/11/2017 05:42, Bod wrote:
More than 4,000 drivers in England have been caught committing offences
over the last two years, following a special operation using a lorry,
police say.

Since April 2015, officers from 28 forces have used an unmarked lorry to
film examples of dangerous driving.

*One man in the East Midlands was seen steering with his knees while
eating lunch and using his mobile phone.*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41879328


"One man in the East Midlands was seen steering with his knees while
eating lunch and using his mobile phone."

All while riding his bicycle. If only tht level of dedication could be
directed towards something useful.



  #4  
Old November 6th 17, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Police lorry catches 4,000 dangerous drivers

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 12:13:01 -0000
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:
On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 09:44:07 -0000, wrote:

On Mon, 6 Nov 2017 05:42:34 +0000
Bod wrote:
More than 4,000 drivers in England have been caught committing offences
over the last two years, following a special operation using a lorry,
police say.

Since April 2015, officers from 28 forces have used an unmarked lorry to
film examples of dangerous driving.


Yeah, I've heard about that. Seems like a very good idea to me.


The police are claiming they're short staffed, yet they waste time pestering
drivers instead of solving real crimes. Would you rather they stop a murderer
or a burglar, or someone who might possibly be doing something that will maybe
cause a dent in someone's bumper in the future?


I'd rather they did all of the above. And I'm not going to complain when
they target so called "professional" drivers who are in charge of up to 44 tons,
dicking about on the phone, watching a DVD or eating a pizza while driving.
The polish **** who killed that family in berkshire about 6 months back was
****ing about with his phone beforehand.

  #5  
Old November 6th 17, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Police lorry catches 4,000 dangerous drivers

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 13:59:39 -0000
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:
On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 13:51:05 -0000, wrote:
I'd rather they did all of the above. And I'm not going to complain when
they target so called "professional" drivers who are in charge of up to 44

tons,
dicking about on the phone, watching a DVD or eating a pizza while driving.
The polish **** who killed that family in berkshire about 6 months back was
****ing about with his phone beforehand.


Then get him into trouble, not the ones who didn't actually cause an accident.
Speeding or making a phonecall doesn't mean you're about to crash. The
police cannot predict the future.


And someone holding a gun doesn't mean they're about to shoot someone but I'd
rather not take the chance. Its not as if hands free setups are expensive.

  #6  
Old November 6th 17, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Police lorry catches 4,000 dangerous drivers

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 14:45:17 -0000
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:
On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 14:39:22 -0000, wrote:

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 13:59:39 -0000
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote:
On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 13:51:05 -0000, wrote:
I'd rather they did all of the above. And I'm not going to complain when
they target so called "professional" drivers who are in charge of up to 44
tons,
dicking about on the phone, watching a DVD or eating a pizza while driving.
The polish **** who killed that family in berkshire about 6 months back was
****ing about with his phone beforehand.

Then get him into trouble, not the ones who didn't actually cause an

accident.
Speeding or making a phonecall doesn't mean you're about to crash. The
police cannot predict the future.


And someone holding a gun doesn't mean they're about to shoot someone but I'd
rather not take the chance.


A gun only has the purpose of killing, so clearly the gunman is going to use
it.


He might be shooting pigeons.

Its not as if hands free setups are expensive.


But they are completely unnecessary. It's no harder for me to make a phone
call than indicate or change gear.


Good luck changing gear and steering while holding a phone. Still, obviously
you think you're an amazing driver which probably means you're anything but
so tell us the area you live in so we can avoid the roads there.

  #7  
Old November 6th 17, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peeler[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 293
Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 12:13:01 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
the pathological attention whore of all the uk ngs, blathered again:

Yeah, I've heard about that. Seems like a very good idea to me.


The police are claiming they're short staffed, yet they waste time
pestering drivers instead of solving real crimes. Would you rather they
stop a murderer or a burglar, or someone who might possibly be doing
something that will maybe cause a dent in someone's bumper in the future?


You are one ****ed up idiot, you filthy ******! tsk

--
****** Birdbrain giving advice on Usenet on how to procreate:
"I will also admit I would never have kids as only those with perfect genes
should ever pass them on. Don't have kids just because you feel like it, if
you do, you are a selfish **** polluting the world with more inferior
people."
Message-ID:
  #8  
Old November 6th 17, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peeler[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 293
Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 13:59:39 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
the pathological attention whore of all the uk ngs, blathered again:

Then get him into trouble, not the ones who didn't actually cause an
accident. Speeding or making a phonecall doesn't mean you're about to
crash. The police cannot predict the future.


Looks like you got a new fish on the hook, eh, Birdbrain? BG

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"Someone (a Scotsman) once told me he doesn't bother wiping his arse if he's
about to have a shower anyway."
MID:
  #9  
Old November 6th 17, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peeler[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 293
Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 14:45:17 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
the pathological attention whore of all the uk ngs, blathered again:

FLUSH idiot's drivel

Let's see how long it will take THAT dolt again until he realizes what's the
matter with you, Birdbrain! BG

--
Unemployable, mentally handicapped Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson"
LOL) about his life as a dole and welfare who
"I used to be a computer tech until I became permanently ill. Now I'm self
employed door to door sales."
MID:
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lorry drivers trained on bikes in bid to cut cycling deaths in London Bod[_5_] UK 73 December 31st 16 07:03 PM
How can lorry drivers be so dim? Squashme UK 1 June 14th 13 10:26 PM
Police speeding blitz catches danger drivers Simon Mason[_4_] UK 143 December 13th 11 08:55 PM
What is it about tipper lorry drivers? Mr. Benn[_4_] UK 26 November 5th 11 08:34 AM
Survey - Lorry Drivers vs Cyclists JMS UK 68 January 20th 10 12:15 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.