Is there a moderated recumbent group?

Old October 24th 06, 04:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Freewheeling

Default Is there a moderated recumbent group?

I was going to post something, but... well, this place is a mess. A
moderated group would be nice.
Old October 24th 06, 04:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
DougC

Freewheeling wrote:
I was going to post something, but... well, this place is a mess. A
moderated group would be nice.

Yea, there's not a lot here worth reading many days. Bentrider Online is
where it's mostly at.
Old October 24th 06, 04:38 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Ken C. M.

DougC wrote:
Freewheeling wrote:

I was going to post something, but... well, this place is a mess. A
moderated group would be nice.

Yea, there's not a lot here worth reading many days. Bentrider Online is
where it's mostly at.

I second that motion. The editor over at that site does a nice job of
keep the trolls out.

Ken
--
The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets
old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without
Old October 25th 06, 12:57 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

Ken C. M. wrote:
DougC wrote:
Freewheeling wrote:

I was going to post something, but... well, this place is a mess. A
moderated group would be nice.

Yea, there's not a lot here worth reading many days. Bentrider Online is
where it's mostly at.

I second that motion. The editor over at that site does a nice job of
keep the trolls out.

If you like "now kiddies, things are getting out of hand reminders"
[1], moderation is fine.

Besides, the OCCASIONAL, knock-down, drag-out, flame-fest is good fun.

[1] Not an actual quote, but true in spirit.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.
Post Free or Die!

Old October 25th 06, 04:24 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Freewheeling" wrote in message
I was going to post something, but... well, this place is a mess. A
moderated group would be nice.

Yup, the Monkey Island scum bags are back. It will give the members of the
group an opportunity to learn what real tolls are all about, better than I
ever could by dredging up ancient history.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old October 25th 06, 04:34 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ken C. M. wrote:
DougC wrote:
Freewheeling wrote:

I was going to post something, but... well, this place is a mess. A
moderated group would be nice.

Yea, there's not a lot here worth reading many days. Bentrider Online
is
where it's mostly at.

I second that motion. The editor over at that site does a nice job of
keep the trolls out.

If you like "now kiddies, things are getting out of hand reminders"
[1], moderation is fine.

Besides, the OCCASIONAL, knock-down, drag-out, flame-fest is good fun.

Poor Tom is still living in the past. Open forums are dead and gone. All you
will ever find on any of them these days is just mindless chit-chat. A
moderated forum is the ONLY way to go. Anyone with any brains has long since
left these unmoderated newsgroups.

Ken, Doug and Freewheeling are as right as rain. If I wanted to know
anything about recumbents, I would go to BROL myself - but I don't. Hells
Bells, I already know everything I will ever want to know about recumbents.
It is why I am so Great and why the rest of you aren't!

Old October 25th 06, 02:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Ken C. M.

Ken C. M. wrote:

DougC wrote:

Freewheeling wrote:

I was going to post something, but... well, this place is a mess. A
moderated group would be nice.

Yea, there's not a lot here worth reading many days. Bentrider Online is
where it's mostly at.

I second that motion. The editor over at that site does a nice job of
keep the trolls out.

If you like "now kiddies, things are getting out of hand reminders"
[1], moderation is fine.

Besides, the OCCASIONAL, knock-down, drag-out, flame-fest is good fun.

[1] Not an actual quote, but true in spirit.

Now see I don't mind an occasional ot rant or whatever. BUT..... E.D.
and some others seem to have long records of the mind numbingly boring
rants that seem to go on and on and on.

Ken
Old October 25th 06, 04:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Dan B.

Edward Dolan wrote:

Yup, the Monkey Island scum bags are back. It will give the members of the
group an opportunity to learn what real tolls are all about, better than I
ever could by dredging up ancient history.

I dunno...I'd classify this type of behavior more as vandalism than
trolling. Vandals don't generally care about eliciting a response; they
simply do as much damage as possible. Trolls, on the other hand, are
generally seeking a reaction.

It's the difference between yelling racial epithets while standing at a
busy street corner and remotely detonating a stink bomb in a
restaurant. Both are offensive, but one seeks confrontation while the
other avoids it.

Best,
Dan

Old October 25th 06, 06:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Dan B. wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:

Yup, the Monkey Island scum bags are back. It will give the members of the
group an opportunity to learn what real tolls are all about, better than I
ever could by dredging up ancient history.

I dunno...I'd classify this type of behavior more as vandalism than
trolling. Vandals don't generally care about eliciting a response; they
simply do as much damage as possible. Trolls, on the other hand, are
generally seeking a reaction.

It's the difference between yelling racial epithets while standing at a
busy street corner and remotely detonating a stink bomb in a
restaurant. Both are offensive, but one seeks confrontation while the
other avoids it.

I agree Dan. Ed Dolan wants us to believe that he is not a troll and
points to this juvenile behavior as that which this is indicative of a
troll whereas it is more akin to vandalisem, but your analogy doesn't
quite make the point clear. It is more like the difference between
getting in a guy's face and calling him a pussy and surreptitiously
spray painting that same message on his garrgage door in the middle of
the night.

Jim McNamara

Best,
Dan

Old October 25th 06, 11:14 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Dan B." wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

Yup, the Monkey Island scum bags are back. It will give the members of
the
group an opportunity to learn what real tolls are all about, better than
ever could by dredging up ancient history.

I dunno...I'd classify this type of behavior more as vandalism than
trolling. Vandals don't generally care about eliciting a response; they
simply do as much damage as possible. Trolls, on the other hand, are
generally seeking a reaction.

It's the difference between yelling racial epithets while standing at a
busy street corner and remotely detonating a stink bomb in a
restaurant. Both are offensive, but one seeks confrontation while the
other avoids it.

They are one and the same. That is why I call trolls "criminal vandal
trolls." If you are not vandalizing a newsgroup, then you are NOT a troll.
Ed Gin and his Monkey Island scumbags are criminal vandal trolls because
they do nothing but destroy a group.

But I can spot such scumbags from a mile off and I do not bother reading
their tripe let alone responding to it. Only Tom Sherman seems to enjoy
their shenanigans. He thinks it adds fun and exceitment to the group. What
do you think?