how to post to moderated group?

Old October 19th 09, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Default how to post to moderated group?

All right, colour me stupid.

I've been googling for 15 minutes to try to find how to post
to the exciting new group.

And come up empty.

Can someone throw me a olue?

I'm using Seamonkey (was Mozilla) if that
makes any difference.

BugBear
Old October 19th 09, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_2_]

bugbear wrote:
All right, colour me stupid.

I've been googling for 15 minutes to try to find how to post
to the exciting new group.

And come up empty.

Can someone throw me a olue?

I'm using Seamonkey (was Mozilla) if that
makes any difference.

BugBear

If I knew what an "olue" was, I'd throw you one. :-)

Bod
Old October 19th 09, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"bugbear" wrote in message
o.uk...
All right, colour me stupid.

I've been googling for 15 minutes to try to find how to post
to the exciting new group.

And come up empty.

Can someone throw me a olue?

I'm using Seamonkey (was Mozilla) if that
makes any difference.

Just like any other group. Giganews is now carrying it, so you should be
able to subscribe, and Ian's fixed a bug with the addresses, so you should
be able to to post too.

Old October 19th 09, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Hall

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:32:34 +0100, bugbear
wrote:

All right, colour me stupid.

I've been googling for 15 minutes to try to find how to post
to the exciting new group.

And come up empty.

Can someone throw me a olue?

I'm using Seamonkey (was Mozilla) if that
makes any difference.

Umm, first off, refresh (or whatever Seamonkey does) your groups list.

Add uk.rec.cycling.moderated to your list of subscribed groups.

Compose witty, well thought out and poignant post.

Hit send key.

(I see you're using Giganews as your news provider. I do too. I was
having trouble posting via them but it seems to be fixed now)
--
Tim
Old October 19th 09, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Clive George wrote:
"bugbear" wrote in message
o.uk...
All right, colour me stupid.

I've been googling for 15 minutes to try to find how to post
to the exciting new group.

And come up empty.

Can someone throw me a olue?

I'm using Seamonkey (was Mozilla) if that
makes any difference.

Just like any other group. Giganews is now carrying it, so you should be
able to subscribe, and Ian's fixed a bug with the addresses, so you should
be able to to post too.

Yes - plusnet finally got it, and I tried to
reply to the "Hello" thread started by Wm.

I've appended the message, from my out box.

It's not on the group, and I can't see any trace in the logs.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/uc...tump/urcm.logs

BugBear

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:28:27 +0100
From: bugbear
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling.moderated
Subject: Hello

Wm... wrote:

giganews has got you now

a friendly wave to all.

Hello back (and a test post from plusnet/giganews)

BugBear
Old October 19th 09, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dennis Davis

In the referenced article, bugbear writes:
All right, colour me stupid.

I've been googling for 15 minutes to try to find how to post
to the exciting new group.

And come up empty.

Can someone throw me a olue?

Just post your article as normal. The News server software should
detect that it's a moderated Newsgroup and email your article to the
moderators for approval, instead of injecting your article into the
News system for general propagation.

(Having said that, I had to tweak the News server software here
to email article to the correct address instead of using the
"catch-all" address.)

I'm using Seamonkey (was Mozilla) if that makes any difference.

The Newsreader in use doesn't matter. The News server software
should just handle it automagically. See above.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK

Old October 19th 09, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
leandr42

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:43:24 +0100, Tim Hall
wrote:

Umm, first off, refresh (or whatever Seamonkey does) your groups list.

Add uk.rec.cycling.moderated to your list of subscribed groups.

Compose witty, well thought out and poignant post.

I hope the mods will pass anything meeting those criteria, but to be on
the safe side, a bit of cycling content would be good as well.

--

Rob
Old October 19th 09, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:32:34 +0100 someone who may be bugbear
wrote this:-

I'm using Seamonkey (was Mozilla) if that
makes any difference.

Can you see the group on your list of groups?

If not, see if you can add it.

If you can see it, try posting to it. With luck it will go to the
"censor" and either be accepted or rejected.

Check other messages for more details if you have a problem.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Old October 19th 09, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke[_3_]

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:32:34 +0100, bugbear wrote:

All right, colour me stupid.

I've been googling for 15 minutes to try to find how to post to the
exciting new group.

And come up empty.

Can someone throw me a olue?

I'm using Seamonkey (was Mozilla) if that makes any difference.

Just post, like to any other group. Your Usenet client or the upstream
server will sort out the clever technical stuff.

--
(Simon Brooke) http://www.journeyman.cc/~simon/

;; Perl ... is the Brittney Spears of programming - easily
accessible
;; but, in the final analysis, empty of any significant thought
;; Frank Adrian on Slashdot, 21st July
2003
Old October 19th 09, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Jackson

In article ,
bugbear wrote:
I've appended the message, from my out box.

Great, thanks.

It's not on the group, and I can't see any trace in the logs.
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/uc...tump/urcm.logs

Indeed.

It was mistakenly rejected by chiark at 11:29 this morning, before I
fixed the mail problem that Clive George refers to. Try again now.

--
Ian Jackson personal email:
These opinions are my own. http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ijackson/

Moderated group Bill UK 6 October 6th 09 05:49 PM
Moderated group voting procedure Mr Benn[_2_] UK 421 August 11th 09 07:02 AM
Availability of new moderated group on News servers Hbunnet UK 2 June 10th 09 06:10 PM
Is there a moderated recumbent group? Freewheeling Recumbent Biking 20 October 31st 06 08:45 PM
Is there a moderated recumbent group somewhere? Laurel Thomason Recumbent Biking 19 November 10th 04 04:48 AM