Carbon Fiber Forks AGAIN!!!

Old September 24th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Tom Kunich

Default Carbon Fiber Forks AGAIN!!!

The Dangers of Riding Carbon Fiber
Tom Kunich

While riding my carbon fiber bicycle the forks simply came unglued on one
side. The other side apparently immediately broke off abruptly. This dumped
me face first onto the ground on a nice bicycle path while I was traveling
at only about 10 mph.

I was hospitalized for only a couple of hours despite having been knocked
out for over 5 minutes according to the people who had been there with me.
And they don't seem to have looked for injuries beyond the external ones.
However, that fall destroyed some hormone producing glands in my skull that
regulate consciousness. Without these hormones I never truly came "awake"
though I appeared to be so and was operating some how. Most of my friends
knew that something was wrong but they didn't know what to do about it.

Apparently during the time I was "out of it" I was driving and did so while
drunk. I barely drink - a little wine perhaps with a meal and maybe one beer
a month during the hot summer. I haven't drank hard liquor in twenty years
or so. I will use it for cooking purposes very seldom. Yet I had a wreck
with my brand new car that caused a lot of damage and the police ran a drunk
test for which I tested positive!

Finally after getting my new car repaired I totaled my brand new car on my
way to a doctor's appointment a couple of weeks later and while the police
officer was present I started having fits and seizures. After my private
doctor ran tests on me at the hospital he discovered that I was missing a
couple of hormones and prescribed the proper pills.

I remember absolutely nothing between the December 17 accident and the day
after I started taking the pills which was June the 27th.

I am in trouble up to my ears from the time I was out of it. What's more the
company that manufactured the fork went bankrupt so I have no one to pay for
my expenses. And they are growing by the minute.

I very much suggest to all of you that you only ride with steel forks. The
technology there is old and proven. And this is such a critical component
that you really need to be ultra-careful. While a carbon fiber frame is
perfectly OK, I recommend against carbon fiber forks regardless of what
manufacturers have to say about their reliability.

Old September 25th 10, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
LawBoy01[_2_]

On Sep 24, 4:14*pm, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
[...]

I had my rounds with Kunich, but he was seriously hurt. I wouldn't
wish his injuries on Lafferty...wait, yes I would.