Is there a moderated recumbent group somewhere?

Old November 7th 04, 02:57 PM
Laurel Thomason

Default Is there a moderated recumbent group somewhere?

This group seems to have gone seriously downhill in the two years I
have been away. Is there another space that is marginally on topic or
moderated that people use to discuss recumbents?
Old November 7th 04, 03:17 PM
Tom Sherman

http://www.sethj.com/monkeyisland/index.php.

--
Tom Sherman – Greater QCA

Old November 7th 04, 03:22 PM
Tom Blum

Bent Rider On Line message board

No monkey or ?? suffered

Miles of Smiles,
Tom

Old November 7th 04, 09:15 PM
David

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:04:15 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:24:58 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote in message :

I hope we can maintain a
high intellectual level in any event even if we do like to wander off-topic
a bit.

That would be novel.

Guy

To quote a song "To dream the impossible dream........."
Old November 8th 04, 05:40 AM
Edward Dolan

"Laurel Thomason" wrote in message
om...
This group seems to have gone seriously downhill in the two years I
have been away. Is there another space that is marginally on topic or
moderated that people use to discuss recumbents?

It no doubt went down hill because you weren't here posting your messages of
wisdom. Maybe if you had stayed here and contributed something to the group
instead of just showing up every two years with the intention of taking
something from the group, it wouldn't be such a disappointment to you. Well,
I guess we will just have to soldier on without you, same as always.

However, I am with Mr. Sherman. Try Monkey Island if you think this group is
bad.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old November 8th 04, 09:24 PM
Edward Dolan

"Carol Cohen" wrote in message
m...
(Laurel Thomason) wrote in message
. com...
This group seems to have gone seriously downhill in the two years I
have been away. Is there another space that is marginally on topic or
moderated that people use to discuss recumbents?

Gosh, it's gotten quiet here, except I hear one droning voice. Not
you! Yes, Laurel, the party has moved. Go to:
http:bentrideronline.com then click on "message board". The group
hasn't gone downhill; it's simply moved laterally to a moderated (and
better) world.

After having had extensive experience with an assortment of jackasses and
morons on this group, I can say that I now favor a moderated group myself
even if it is only a kind of bulletin board. The ultimate degeneracy is to
be found on a group like Monkey Island. That group is a board and is
moderated I presume, so those two characteristics will not necessarily save
us from ourselves. I think the key is a good moderator. Mr. Ball, the
moderator of BROL, may be that, although I don't like him because he is a
liberal and takes no pains to hide his political prejudices, at least he
never did when he was posting to ARBR.

ARBR will continue to soldier on, somewhat the wiser due to all the
political posting and off-topic subject threads. I hope we can maintain a

Old November 8th 04, 10:04 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old November 8th 04, 11:33 PM
Laurel Thomason

Speaking of contributions, I'm not clear what yours has been:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...G=Search&meta=

Do you even own a recumbent?

Old November 9th 04, 12:00 AM
Edward Dolan

"Laurel Thomason" wrote in message
om...
Speaking of contributions, I'm not clear what yours has been:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...G=Search&meta=

All top posters are idiots!

I wonder why others waste time and effort trying to get me to a link when
they don't even have the courtesy tell me what it is about. I will never go
to a link unless I am told fully what I will find there. Elementary, my dear
Watson!

Do you even own a recumbent?

Do you even own a brain?

--