Midnight at the Am-Bar #86

Old March 23rd 07, 04:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Midnight at the Am-Bar #86

Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
biggy.

Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm

No, I'm not back in the bar business.

Rich

Old March 23rd 07, 04:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On Mar 23, 10:27 am, wrote:
Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
biggy.

Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm

No, I'm not back in the bar business.

Rich

You have been missed. Thanks for the update, and for the new
cartoon. Hope all keeps improving. And it's been 7 years since I've
had to play "Spin the Recliner." http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar28.htm

CDB

Old March 23rd 07, 07:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Marty

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
biggy.

Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm

No, I'm not back in the bar business.

Rich

Welcome back! Interesting times.

Marty

Old March 23rd 07, 11:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 23, 8:27 am, wrote:
Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
biggy.

Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm

No, I'm not back in the bar business.

Rich

Always good to see you're doing well, Rich.

JD

Old March 24th 07, 09:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Mar 23, 10:27 am, wrote:
Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
biggy.

Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm

No, I'm not back in the bar business.

Rich

Welcome back ... you have been missed, and so has the bar.

Old March 26th 07, 05:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
BB

On Mar 23, 10:27 am, wrote:
Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.

Good to see you back! There are still a few of us 'old guys' around here.

Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm

Nice. Looks like the old ones are still there, but one would have to have
been here awhile to understand the Kathleen and/or Travis references. :-)

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address
Old April 7th 07, 08:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Steve Baker[_2_]

wrote:
Hey der!

snip

Anywayzz, here ya go:
http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm

No, I'm not back in the bar business.

Rich

Well, if Rich is going back to AM-Bar, I guess I'd better start reading
the group again.

Steve
Old April 7th 07, 09:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

Steve Baker wrote:

Well, if Rich is going back to AM-Bar, I guess I'd better start
reading the group again.

Who are you?

{ ROTFL }

Bill "beat JD to it" S.