The Banks of the Ohio

Old February 3rd 10, 10:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
JimmyMac

Default The Banks of the Ohio

On Feb 1, 1:00*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jan 22, 5:32 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Worthington has one of the best municipal liquor stores in the world. They
have wines from everywhere, so I will search for what you recommend next
week.
Now this is quite the surprise ... you taking my advice about

something. *I'm marking this down on my calendar. *There is hope for
you yet, Ed. *At any rate, many people I know *that I recommended this
wine to now drink it regularly and obviously enjoy it. *You can pay a
lot more and get a lot less for your *money. *If you find the wine and
try it, do let me know what you think. *Private email is OK, should
you prefer. *It won't be as cheap as what Tom recommended, but that
stuff is rotgut suitable only for bums on a tight budget.

Jim, I have been dispensing good advice to others all of my life, but no one
ever listens to me. I once dispensed some good advice to you about how to
handle Ed Gin and Associates (basically telling you to tell them to go ****
themselves), but you did not listen or even want to hear it.

Understand that advice is often perceived differently by the giver and
the receiver. The person dispensing advice cannot expect or demand
that advice be taken and acted upon. Often advice is dispensed that
is not requested, required, wanted or welcome as was the particular
case you cited, but I digress. It is not the dispenser of the advice
but the person who acts upon the advice who is accountable and must
assume responsibility for his actions. Consequently, it is not the
dispenser of the advice, but rather that the one who receives advice
that is solely entitled to make the determination whether that advice
given is of value and should be acted upon. You still have yet to
recognize that as what it is ... a given not subject to debate.

However, you have got to know more about spirits than I will ever know.
Hells Bells, I did not start drinking until age 65 when I was diagnosed with
prostate cancer at which point I said to hell with it. Why die with a
perfectly good liver.

Story has it that I reached for and downed my first shot of whiskey
off a TV at 1years of age. I came up as fast as it went down. Still
like whiskey to this day, but have taken to drinking pineapple Mojitos
as of late. Always did like demon rum.

What is really funny is that most folks my age simply can't drink. They have
destroyed their livers from drinking over a period of many decades. I am
just about the only old person I know who can still have a drink and not get
deathly ill from it.

So when are you going to pick up that wine and email me with your
opinion.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old February 4th 10, 01:50 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

****
themselves), but you did not listen or even want to hear it.

Understand that advice is often perceived differently by the giver and

the receiver. The person dispensing advice cannot expect or demand
that advice be taken and acted upon. Often advice is dispensed that
is not requested, required, wanted or welcome as was the particular
case you cited, but I digress. It is not the dispenser of the advice
but the person who acts upon the advice who is accountable and must
assume responsibility for his actions. Consequently, it is not the
dispenser of the advice, but rather that the one who receives advice
that is solely entitled to make the determination whether that advice
given is of value and should be acted upon. You still have yet to
recognize that as what it is ... a given not subject to debate.

"I don't want to hear it" is never a suitable response to advice, no matter
how, when or where it is given. You needed to explain why you did not take
my advice to tell Ed Gin and associates to go to hell. I think you must have
been having a nervous breakdown at the time.
[...]

So when are you going to pick up that wine and email me with your

opinion.

I will get to it one of these months. I never rush at anything under the
sun.