New bike advice

Old June 25th 03, 01:19 PM
user0

Default New bike advice

Hey all.
I'm a little new around here, and new to mtb'ing in general. I'm
looking to get a new bike, and I'm way out of my depth. I'm wondering
if you lot could maybe provide a little advice. After much (MUCH!)
searching, I've narrowed it down to either the Giant XTC SE (special
edition) 3, or the Kona Caldera. Does anyone have specific knowledge
of these bikes, or has anyone ridden them, that would be able to shed
some light on which I should go for? I know it's hard to say which is
"best", but i'm looking for best all-round features, for fairly heavy
XC'ing.

TIA,
DSt.
Old June 25th 03, 10:59 PM

Any suggestions on a mountain bike? I might do a little trail riding
but nothing to hard-core. I am willing to spend up to $600. Front
suspension would be nice too. Any suggestions appreciated

A perfect bike in that price range would be the Giant Iguanna. Check
it out at www.giantbicycles.com

New bike advice. Joseph Meyer General 22 June 3rd 04 06:20 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
need bike purchase advice... Benjamin Snyder General 8 November 21st 03 11:21 PM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM