Rhoades Car Owners??? Quadracycles???

Old September 7th 05, 11:58 PM
Don Boring

Default Rhoades Car Owners??? Quadracycles???

I am seriously thinking of buying
a single seat Rhoades Car:
http://www.rhoadescar.com/jumplobb.htm
or Quadracyle - QuadraSprint:
http://www.quadracycleinc.com/showroom/showroom.html
and was wondering if anyone had any background with
these vehicles.

Reliability

Durability

Service Problems

Pros

Cons

I wanna go CAR FREE and this looks
to be the best way to do it.

Don Boring
Glendora, CA. USA
Easy Racer EZ1-SC and Lightning Thunderbolt
Old September 8th 05, 02:05 PM
Jeff Grippe

I have also been very interested in a quad. The thing I don't like about the
Rhoades is the weight. At close to 100 pounds I can't imagine it would be
much fun to ride up hill at any speed.

The Mountain Quad is fascinating but it costs $8K and still weighs 50
pounds.

Jeff

Old September 8th 05, 05:42 PM
Don Boring

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:05:37 -0400, "Jeff Grippe"
wrote:

I have also been very interested in a quad. The thing I don't like about the
Rhoades is the weight. At close to 100 pounds I can't imagine it would be
much fun to ride up hill at any speed.

I agree. 100 lbs is a deterrent. The Quadracycle Sprint:
http://www.quadracycleinc.com/showroom/showroom.html
only weighs 70 lbs. but I have never seen one of them
before and am not sure of the durability, however, that
model DOES have 24" wheels, sealed bearings,rack and
pinion steering, dual brakes, the equivalent of positraction rear
drive, AND front end suspension. Canopys are an option with
the Quadracycle too, but they are STRIPED in the color
of the bike and White, and I rather like the canopy on the
Rhoades Car.

I am just getting back into riding everyday again, but for
my around town business in a fairly flat community a quad
would be a kick (if it didn't kill me pedling the sucker up some
of the hills.)