Ok cyclists - is this reasonable behaviour?

Old April 2nd 10, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Default Ok cyclists - is this reasonable behaviour?

Phil W Lee wrote:
d considered Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:39:26 +0000
(UTC) the perfect time to write:

On 31 Mar 2010 14:16:34 GMT
Adrian wrote:
d gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

One day you'll **** a driver off too much and they'll try and get
past you anyway misjudge it and knock you over. Complaining it was
the drivers fault won't help you recover any faster in hospital.

No, but hopefully a charge of (causing death by) dangerous driving
will make the roads safer for those around you.

Someone clips a bike with their wing mirror while doing 20mph. The
bike then falls over. Yeah , good luck on making the dangerous
driving charges stick with that one.

"I gave him enough room but he wobbled into me at the last second
officer. He obviously didn't know I was there"

Guilty as charged.

See rule 163, Highway Code.

Ze Plane, Ze Plane!

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Old April 3rd 10, 12:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
JNugent[_5_]

The Medway Handyman wrote:
mileburner wrote:
"Brimstone" wrote in message

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
mileburner wrote:
"Tom Crispin" wrote in
message ...
Yes, I pay to use the roads twice, once as a motorist and once as
a cyclist.
Only twice Tom?

You are lucky.

I pay as a motorist, cyclist, homeowner, earner, saver, spender,
the list goes on...
Motorists pay as motorists, homeowners, earners, savers, spenders. And
they pay a septic tax to use the roads.
That's their choice.

What part of that are you too terminally stupid to understand?

If people pay money to the government that they don't have to, who
is it that's stupid?

According to Medway, motorists pay a septic tax to use the roads. I
have never heard of this and as a motorist I don't think I have ever
paid it. Perhaps the septic tax is contained within the Vehicle
Excise Duty or fuel duty. Maybe it forms part of the VAT on fuel? I
don't know. But if Medway pays septic tax to use the roads that is up
to him, no one else does and no one else is forcing him to pay it.
Even if he does pay this tax he has no more right to use the roads
than anyone else.

Ah! At last I get it! Thank you mile******. It's taken UK.Rec.Cycling's
chief idiot to make me realise!

Its the old cyclists delusion that they pay their way!

Sorry, should have realised. I imagined I was communicating with normal
human beings speaking English, when I was actually communicating with the
cyclist sub species of human who communicate in Cylenglish.

My mistake.

However, I have learned something here. Its a classic case of denial.

I always thought cyclists were just being clever little ****s when they
called Road Tax VED. They are so desperate to score points its typical
behaviovior.

Now I realise its a guilt trip! Since cyclists live in a fantasy world
where they actually believe they pay their way, the existence of a phrase
like 'Road Tax' is an anathema. So in their denial state they choose to
ignore the term in common usage - because it reminds them they are sponging
freeloaders.

Interesting to know that everyone else; the man in the street, the Police,
the media - all understand the exact meaning of the term 'Road Tax'.

I can see I'll have to resort- again - to a language cyclists will
understand. Since they believe children's toys are a viable means of
transport;

See John paying Income Tax, NI & VAT.
See Janet paying exactly they same Income Tax, NI & VAT.

See John buy a shiny new push bike.
See Janet buy a shiny new car - but not one of the very few exceptions to
Road Tax.

See John ride his new push bike on public roads.
John likes his new push bike.

See PC Plod telling Janet she can't use her new car on the road unless she
has Road Tax.
PC Plod uses the term Road Tax because everyone knows what it means.
Jane knows what Road Tax is.
John pretends not to know what Road Tax is - because he is a sponging
freeloader.

See Janet going to the Post Office with a large amount of cash.
Mr Stamp at the Post Office knows exactly what Janet means when she asks for
Road Tax.
Janet pays lots of money to Mr Stamp for her Road Tax Disc.

See Janet drive her car on the public highway without having to worry about
PC Plod and his ANPR cameras.

I'm glad we cleared that up. I would say thanks to mile******, but he is a
total prat, so I won't.

LOL!

That is excellent!

Even if it does come from one of my betes noires.
Old April 3rd 10, 07:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mr. Benn[_3_]

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

I'm glad we cleared that up. I would say thanks to mile******, but he is
a total prat, so I won't.

Despite his opinions, mileburner is actually one of the more reasonable
cyclists on urc which is quite worrying!

Old April 3rd 10, 07:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mr. Benn[_3_]

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Ze Plane, Ze Plane!

He's been on the beer again.

Old April 3rd 10, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Happi Monday[_3_]

On 03/04/2010 00:34, JNugent wrote:

LOL!

That is excellent!

Oh dear - another Labour voter (probably).
Old April 3rd 10, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Happi Monday[_3_]

Ze Plane, Ze Plane!

As usual, I have zero idea what you're on about.
Old April 3rd 10, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Grange

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 07:03:23 +0100, "Mr. Benn"
wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Ze Plane, Ze Plane!

He's been on the beer again.

I have noticed his silliest/most abusive/worst language tends to
appear after 23:00.
Old April 3rd 10, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Happi Monday wrote:

Ze Plane, Ze Plane!

As usual, I have zero idea what you're on about.

That would be because you are a clueless idiot.

Old April 3rd 10, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
JNugent[_5_]

Happi Monday wrote:

On 03/04/2010 00:34, JNugent wrote:

LOL!

That is excellent!

Oh dear - another Labour voter (probably).

What?

Is this just and reasonable? Bill C Racing 16 August 4th 06 02:22 PM
WTB - reasonable tri/TT wheels MJR Marketplace 0 July 6th 06 02:48 PM
How many Miles a day is reasonable.. [email protected] General 142 October 16th 05 05:36 AM
A reasonable article aeek Australia 25 July 8th 05 02:23 PM
LBS reasonable markup Keith Vetter General 57 June 17th 04 03:01 PM