Ok cyclists - is this reasonable behaviour?

Old April 4th 10, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Default Ok cyclists - is this reasonable behaviour?

Brimstone wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Brimstone wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Brimstone wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote
in message ...
Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:05:25 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 10:11:44 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

mileburner wrote:
"SW" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Interesting to know that everyone else; the man in the
street, the Police, the media - all understand the exact
meaning of the term 'Road Tax'.

As usual, you are talking complete ********:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19100193
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...icle/index.htm
http://www.which.co.uk/advice/buying...line/index.jsp

SW

AIUI it is a tax on the vehicle, not a tax on the road - HTH

See Janet buy a shiny new car.
See PC Plod telling Janet she can't use her shiny new car on
the road without Road Tax.
See Janet buy a Tax Disc.
Now Janet can use her shiny new car on the road.

Not difficult is it?

Have you paid your Van Tax yet?

No. I've paid my Road Tax. So I can use it on the 'Road'.

Clear case of denial. The phrase 'Road Tax' reminds cyclists
that they are sponging freeloaders.

So you haven't paid your Van Tax?

I've paid my 'Road' Tax which allows me to use my van on the
'Road'. I've also paid my 'Road' Tax to allow me to use my car on
the 'Road'. Which bit don't you understand idiot boy?

Why do you choose to pay to use the road when it's available for
free?

OK **** for brains, explain how a motor vehicle can use the roads
for free.

You really don't get it do you? It's ONLY motor vehicles that are
required to pay a specific tax to use the roads. No other class of
road user has to pay a specific tax.

I understand perfectly. Cyclists use the roads but don't pay,
therefore they are sponging freeloaders.

If you object to paying this specific tax to use the roads, use a
different form of transport.

I don't object to paying road tax, I object to cyclist ******s using
the roads without paying it.

Do you also object to pedestrians and other road users?

No, just cyclists.

Clue for the terminally witless; 'Vehicle'.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Old April 4th 10, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Brimstone

Brimstone wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Brimstone wrote:
"Derek Geldard" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 13:45:25 +0100, "Brimstone"
wrote:

Correct, Benefits bludgers get most of it.

When cyclists "don't" pay the same tax on the same basis I
"don't" I'll be a happy man.

If you object to paying for the use of something that others,
quite legally,

"Legally" my arse.

Of all the classes of road user, only one is required to pay a
specific tax. Therefore all the others are using the roads, without
paying, quite legally.
don't pay for, why do you choose to pay?

On threat of violence by the state. I do not chose to pay.

Obviously you do, otherwise you would find an alternative.

Derek. Don't forget you are talking to a cyclist here, not a normal
person.

Wrong, I am not at the moment a cyclist.

A cyclist once suggested I could run my business using a push bike -
thats an 'alternative' apparently.

Indeed it is.

Come on then, explain exactly how I could run my business with a push
bike. We could all do with a good laugh.

No cop outs like the utterly pathetic "Don't scrounge off others".

You've made a clear statement that you believe I could run my business
using a push bike.

Now its up to you to tell everyone how - or become a laughing stock.

I don't know what your business is, what it involves nor where it's located.

But, you might like to think about how you would have done the job had you
never acquired a motor vehicle.

Old April 4th 10, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Brimstone

Brimstone wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Brimstone wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote
in message ...

wrote:

mileburner wrote:
"SW" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

A horse drawn carriage or wagon is a vehicle, dummy.

So why don't you object to them?

Old April 4th 10, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Brimstone wrote:

WRIGGLE ALERTWRIGGLE ALERTWRIGGLE ALERTWRIGGLE ALERTWRIGGLE ALERT

A cyclist once suggested I could run my business using a push bike
- thats an 'alternative' apparently.

Indeed it is.

Come on then, explain exactly how I could run my business with a push
bike. We could all do with a good laugh.

No cop outs like the utterly pathetic "Don't scrounge off others".

You've made a clear statement that you believe I could run my
business using a push bike.

Now its up to you to tell everyone how - or become a laughing stock.

I see you chose the latter option.

I don't know what your business is, what it involves nor where it's
located.

Oh what a pathetic tosser you are. You don't know what my business is? Or
where its located?

There's a clue in the name I post under you idiot.

Medway is an area in Kent. Do you know where Kent is?

Handyman should be self evident even to an idiot like you.

Errrm. How about 'not at all' ****wit.

Old April 4th 10, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Brimstone wrote:
SNIP
Clear case of denial. The phrase 'Road Tax' reminds
cyclists that they are sponging freeloaders.

Just as you're too tightfisted to buy a new record.

Can't deny it then? You must be one of those sponging
freeloaders!
What "sponging freeloaders" would they be?

Don't waste my time imbecile.

You are the imbecile, because you choose to pay to use something
that is, according to you, available for free.

He's at it again. Talking gibberish.

Only an imbecile would consider a perfectly reasonable statement
to be "gibberish".

But its not a perfectly reasonable statement is it? Its the insane
raving of an idiot.

I could use the roads for free if I were so totally & utterly
stupid as to become a cyclist, but thankfully I have all my mental
facilities. All you have to do now is explain what alternative I
could use to
transport several thousands of pounds worth of tools and equipment
to my customers premises in a reasonable time.

You claim to be the intelligent one, use your imagination and devise
your own alternative. Don't scrounge off others.

So, in other words - you don't have a practical alternative. What a
complete and utter ******.

You're the one doing the whinging and can't be arsed to find an
alternative. It's not for anyone else to make your decisions for you.
Perhaps if you had bothered to make a decision in the first place you
wouldn't now be whinging.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

That is absolutely the most pathetic attempt to wriggle out of making a ****
of yourself I have ever seen.

Old April 4th 10, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Brimstone

Brimstone wrote:

[...]

What you call yourself is one thing, what you might do for a living is
possibly entirely different.

But, you might like to think about how you would have done the job
had you never acquired a motor vehicle.

Errrm. How about 'not at all' ****wit.

So you're suggesting that there were no builders or "handymen" before the
invention of the motor vehicle? What a tosser.

But what has this got to do with your irrational hatred of people who chose
to use a different type of transport?

Old April 4th 10, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Brimstone

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Brimstone wrote:
SNIP
[...]

There's only one **** with an irrational hatred of people who choose a
different mode of transport, and that isn't me.

Old April 4th 10, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
SW[_2_]

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Which part of "the man in the street, the Police, the media - all understand
the exact meaning of the term 'Road Tax' " were you too thick to
understand?

Posting links to Government sites doesn't disprove that "the man in the
street, the Police, the media - all understand the exact meaning of the term
'Road Tax' " does it?

It proves that they all mis-use the term.

I realise you are in denial and that the term 'Road Tax' makes you feel
guilty about being a sponging freeloader, but thats your problem.

Not at all - I am quite happy that my council and income tax means that
I am paying more than my share towards road costs, bearing in mind the
amount of wear and tear a bike causes compared to a car.

SW

Old April 4th 10, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Brimstone wrote:
SNIP
You really don't get it do you? It's ONLY motor vehicles that are
required to pay a specific tax to use the roads. No other class of
road user has to pay a specific tax.

I understand perfectly. Cyclists use the roads but don't pay,
therefore they are sponging freeloaders.

If you object to paying this specific tax to use the roads, use a
different form of transport.

I don't object to paying road tax, I object to cyclist ******s
using the roads without paying it.

Do you also object to pedestrians and other road users?

No, just cyclists.

Clue for the terminally witless; 'Vehicle'.

A horse drawn carriage or wagon is a vehicle, dummy.

Oh yes, and there are millions of them used for commuting too & from work
everyday. Bloody roads are full of them. Always jumping red lights,
driving on the pavement, terrorising pedestrians on a daily basis.

******* horse & cart drivers get their own horse & cart lanes, forward horse
& cart areas.

So why don't you object to them?

Because idiot boy, people like the occassional horse & cart, but regard
cyclists as scum.

--
Dave - The Tax Paying Motorist

Is this just and reasonable? Bill C Racing 16 August 4th 06 02:22 PM
WTB - reasonable tri/TT wheels MJR Marketplace 0 July 6th 06 02:48 PM
How many Miles a day is reasonable.. [email protected] General 142 October 16th 05 05:36 AM
A reasonable article aeek Australia 25 July 8th 05 02:23 PM
LBS reasonable markup Keith Vetter General 57 June 17th 04 03:01 PM