Why does Lidditism™ correlate with kill-filing announcements?

Old September 17th 10, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Default Why does Lidditism™ correlate with kill-filing announcements?

On 9/16/2010 6:29 PM, Duane Hebert wrote:
"Tom Sherman wrote in message
On 9/16/2010 7:54 AM, Duane Hebert wrote:
"Tom Sherman wrote in message
The careful observer of rec.bicycles.tech will notice that almost all
of those who announce that they are using kill-files on particular
posters are also in the Liddite™ camp. The observer will also note
that these kill-filers are prone to posting (incorrect) authoritarian
announcements of opinion on the effectiveness of bicycle foam hats as
fact. The fervor with which they proclaim their beliefs in expanded
polystyrene hats, makes clear that this is a matter of faith, and this
Liddite™ fundamentalism leads them to reject facts to the contrary.
Then it is no wonder that they find the presentation of logical
arguments against Lidditism™ to be insulting, so they cover their eyes
with a kill-file to avoid viewing "heathen" beliefs. The announcement
of the kill-filing serves to bond them to their fellow Liddite™
believers, while excluding the "heathens" from the clique.

Maybe the people that are kill filing you are doing so because of your
method
of making your point and not because of your point.

BTW, given the definition of luddite, your liddite thing probably better
describes
someone who refers to bicycle helmets as foam hats.

At any rate, do you really expect people with different opinions to
continue
conversations with you after insulting and deriding them?

I am much more polite to them than they have been to me.

By calling anyone who disagrees with you "liddites"?

Have you not noticed the implied insults by the helmet promoters to
anyone that disagrees with them? Maybe not, since you are relatively
new to this group.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old September 17th 10, 01:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Duane Hebert[_2_]

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message ...

Have you not noticed the implied insults by the helmet promoters to anyone that disagrees with them? Maybe not, since you are
relatively new to this group.

Maybe that's true, but being relatively new here, when I see:

"Well it is a foam hat, and the true believers have imparted magical
powers to it, e.g. "helmets prevent 85% of head injuries"."

I think that it's not worth replying.

Old September 17th 10, 02:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Duane Hebert" wrote in message
"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message

Have you not noticed the implied insults by the helmet promoters to
anyone that disagrees with them? Maybe not, since you are relatively new
to this group.

Maybe that's true, but being relatively new here, when I see:

"Well it is a foam hat, and the true believers have imparted magical
powers to it, e.g. "helmets prevent 85% of head injuries"."

I think that it's not worth replying.

It is just Tom Sherman pretending to be a wit. I have told him over and over
that he is not capable of it. Best to be earnest if you are a clod.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 17th 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sep 17, 2:03*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

It is just Tom Sherman pretending to be a wit. I have told him over and over
that he is not capable of it. Best to be earnest if you are a clod.

Nobody is born that dull. Sherman must have made himself more of a
clod than he was born to be all the more offensive to everyone else.
-- AJ
Old September 17th 10, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Why does LidditismT correlate with kill-filing announcements?

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
On Sep 17, 2:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

It is just Tom Sherman pretending to be a wit. I have told him over and
over
that he is not capable of it. Best to be earnest if you are a clod.

Nobody is born that dull. Sherman must have made himself more of a

clod than he was born to be all the more offensive to everyone else.
-- AJ

Yes, he is intelligent, but there is something lacking in his character. I
have complemented him many times, but he has never once returned the favor.
This indicates to me a very insecure personality.

Old September 17th 10, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Neil Brooks

Old September 17th 10, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Dan O

On Sep 17, 12:55 pm, Neil Brooks wrote:
On Sep 17, 9:38 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Yes, he is intelligent, but there is something lacking in his character. I
have complemented him many times, but he has never once returned the favor.

I might have thought that one who is as indefatigably boring and
pedantic as you would have used the correct spelling of "compliment."

But ... no.

Not so fast, I think maybe it fits ;-)

Old September 17th 10, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Neil Brooks

On Sep 17, 2:14*pm, "Duane Hebert" wrote:
"Dan O" wrote in ...
On Sep 17, 12:55 pm, Neil Brooks wrote:
On Sep 17, 9:38 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Yes, he is intelligent, but there is something lacking in his character. I
have complemented him many times, but he has never once returned the favor.

I might have thought that one who is as indefatigably boring and
pedantic as you would have used the correct spelling of "compliment."

But ... no.

Not so fast, I think maybe it fits ;-)

LOL

Okay. I'll 2nd that LOL !
Old September 18th 10, 10:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Neil Brooks" wrote in message
On Sep 17, 9:38 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Yes, he is intelligent, but there is something lacking in his character. I
have complemented him many times, but he has never once returned the
favor.

I might have thought that one who is as indefatigably boring and

pedantic as you would have used the correct spelling of "compliment."

But ... no.

You have me confused with Tom Sherman. He is the pedant, not me. In any
event, I am the world's worst typist and I leave it to my spell check to
correct all my typos.