Tattooists in Sydney or Melbourne?

Old March 12th 07, 04:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
::dom::[_5_]

Default Tattooists in Sydney or Melbourne?

I going to get a bike related tattoo next time I'm in Sydney or
Melbourne. I need someone that is capable of reproducing a nice dull
metal sheen.

I've attached a pic of the kind of finish I'm after (no sure if thios
will be the tattoo but it will something similar.

Can anyone point me to a good tattooist in Syd or Melb.... fanx!

[image: http://www.cyclingforums.com/gallery...5T_tattoo.jpg]

--
::dom::

Old March 12th 07, 05:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Mar 12, 2:30 pm, ::dom:: dom.2nb...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
I going to get a bike related tattoo next time I'm in Sydney or
Melbourne. I need someone that is capable of reproducing a nice dull
metal sheen.

I've attached a pic of the kind of finish I'm after (no sure if thios
will be the tattoo but it will something similar.

Can anyone point me to a good tattooist in Syd or Melb.... fanx!

[image:http://www.cyclingforums.com/gallery...5T_tattoo.jpg]

--
::dom::

What would your mother say?

Old March 12th 07, 05:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
monsterman[_16_]

I chap I used to ride with once claimed to have the word "crank" within
a picture of a crank-arm, tattooed on his crank.

I never saw it and had no interest in seeing it. Some people ... ...
... ...

--
monsterman

Old March 12th 07, 05:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny[_12_]

monsterman Wrote:
I chap I used to ride with once claimed to have the word "crank" within
a picture of a crank-arm, tattooed on his crank.

I never saw it and had no interest in seeing it. Some people ... ...
... ...

You have some scary friends, MM

--
Duracell Bunny

Old March 12th 07, 06:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_20_]

...BUT... what if you wanna change gears?!?!?!?

got mine at http://www.tattoomagic.com.au/

you want a metallic sheen, they can do wicked stuff with mixin in
opaque whites into colours these days

Flying"don't tell my mum"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

Old March 12th 07, 07:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
::dom::[_6_]

Donga Wrote:
On Mar 12, 2:30 pm, ::dom:: dom.2nb...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
I going to get a bike related tattoo next time I'm in Sydney or
Melbourne. I need someone that is capable of reproducing a nice dull
metal sheen.

I've attached a pic of the kind of finish I'm after (no sure if

thios
will be the tattoo but it will something similar.

Can anyone point me to a good tattooist in Syd or Melb.... fanx!

[image:http://www.cyclingforums.com/gallery...5T_tattoo.jpg]

--
::dom::

What would your mother say?

LOL.... She said "$^^$$#^&&!!! * @#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@ &*^!!!! $%#
$% ^%$^^!!! $^^$$#^&&!!! * @#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $%
^%$^^!!!$^^$$#^&&!!! * @#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $%
^%$^^!!!@#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $% ^%$^^!!! $^^$$#^&&!!! *
@#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $% ^%$^^!!!$^^$$#^@#$% ^&!!!! *(
&^%$ %$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $% ^%$^^!!! $^^$$#^&&!!! * @#$%$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $%
^%$^^!!!$^^$$#^@#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $% ^%$^^!!!
$^^$$#^&&!!! * @#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $%
^%$^^!!!$^^$$#^@#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@ &&^% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ $ %$#@
&*^!!!! $%# $% ^%$^^!!!$^^$$#^@#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $%
^%$^^!!! $^^$$#^&&!!! * @#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $%
^%$^^!!!$^^$$#^@#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%%# $% ^%$^^!!! $^^$$#^&&!!! * @#$%
^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $% ^%$^^!!!$^^$$#^@#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$
%$#@ &*^!!!! $%# $% ^%$^^!!! $^^$$#^&&!!! * @#$% ^&!!!! *( &^%$ %$#@
&*^!!!! $%# $% ^%$^^!!!$^^$$#^" or words to that effect when I go my
first tattoo at the age of 14. That was many, many moons ago.

--
::dom::

Old March 12th 07, 07:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_47_]

::dom:: Wrote:
I going to get a bike related tattoo next time I'm in Sydney or
Melbourne. I need someone that is capable of reproducing a nice dull
metal sheen.

I've attached a pic of the kind of finish I'm after (no sure if thios
will be the tattoo but it will something similar.

Can anyone point me to a good tattooist in Syd or Melb.... fanx!

Personally I prefer simple black linework - it "ages" better, although
tattoo inks have improved enormously since the days of your dad (or
some cases, grandmother *cough*) Always politely ask to make a
appointment to see examples of their work, a good artist should have
absolutely no problem with discussing your piece or showing photos of
previous work.

Heads up for Melboring? For professional and friendly staff, try either
Tattoo Magic at 100 Gertrude St. Fitzroy and 'Vic Market Tattoo'
(http://www.victat.com).

Lets just say I highly recommend both of these establishments, as the
quality of their work is outstanding. {/end free plug}

--
cfsmtb

Old March 12th 07, 08:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
::dom::[_7_]

flyingdutch Wrote:
...BUT... what if you wanna change gears?!?!?!?

got mine at http://www.tattoomagic.com.au/

you want a metallic sheen, they can do wicked stuff with mixin in
opaque whites into colours these days

Flying"don't tell my mum"Dutch

Thanks Dutch. Sorry I missed you when I was in Melbourne. I had a crash
in Swanston St while I was there... nothing too serious... maybe I
posted a thread about it... I forget. Thanks for the pointer to tattoo
magic. I like the idea of a black ink tattoo and playing around with
opaque white... have to spend a bit of time with the tattooist to make
sure they understand what I'm after.. there's no "undo" button when you
get a tattoo.

--
::dom::

Old March 12th 07, 09:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_41_]

tattoo magic certainly and worth a visit for a chat at Chapel Tattoo
155 Chapel Street, Prahran, Victoria. 3181
Phone: 03 9521 1202 'www.chapeltattoo.com
' (http://www.chapeltattoo.com/)Open: 12-6pm Mon. to Fri. 11am - 6pm
Sat.

Got my year of the dragon leung there in 2000, superb work, no hassles
and great ink

looks like a tattBuG is developing at a.b

--
rooman

Old March 12th 07, 09:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-03-12, dom (aka Bruce)

Donga Wrote:
[...]

Dude! Your mother is running at the wrong baud rate!

--
TimC
If I had encountered Bill Gates today, I would have shaken his hand,

we need one of these for Sydney Zebee Johnstone Australia 12 January 1st 07 10:04 AM
Who's in Sydney ? Tall_Dave Unicycling 1 April 29th 05 06:09 AM
racing in melbourne and sydney byron27 Australia 75 August 29th 04 08:52 AM
Sydney to Melbourne Nic Price Unicycling 11 November 23rd 03 06:58 AM
Sydney to Melbourne beginning of Oct. mjb Australia 8 September 19th 03 03:23 PM