A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

‘Multiple children’ hit by car after it mounted pavement outside school



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 2nd 19, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,235
Default ‘Multiple children’ hit by car after it mounted pavement outside school

‘Multiple children’ have reportedly been hit by a car outside a
secondary school in Loughton, Essex. Emergency services were called to
Willingale Road, close to Debden Park High School, at around 3.30pm on
December 2. Essex Police have described the incident as a ‘serious
collision’ and emphasised that road closures are now in place.


https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/02/multi...9/?ito=cbshare
--
Bod
Ads
  #2  
Old December 2nd 19, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 267
Default ‘Multiple children’ hit by car after it mounted pavement outside school

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 7:08:41 PM UTC, Bod wrote:
‘Multiple children’ have reportedly been hit by a car outside a
secondary school in Loughton, Essex. Emergency services were called to
Willingale Road, close to Debden Park High School, at around 3.30pm on
December 2. Essex Police have described the incident as a ‘serious
collision’ and emphasised that road closures are now in place.


https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/02/multi...9/?ito=cbshare
--
Bod


Cars mounting pavements?
Whatever next - going through red lights?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4298281.html
  #3  
Old December 2nd 19, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,364
Default ‘Multiple children’ hit by car after it mounted pavement outside school

On 02/12/2019 20:08, Bod wrote:
‘Multiple children’ have reportedly been hit by a car outside a
secondary school in Loughton, Essex. Emergency services were called
to Willingale Road, close to Debden Park High School, at around
3.30pm on December 2. Essex Police have described the incident as a
‘serious collision’ and emphasised that road closures are now in
place.


https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/02/multi...9/?ito=cbshare


Nobody died, just breathe in, relax.


  #4  
Old December 2nd 19, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,864
Default ‘Multiple children’ hit by car after it mounted pavement outside school

On 02/12/2019 19:18, Tosspot wrote:
On 02/12/2019 20:08, Bod wrote:
‘Multiple children’ have reportedly been hit by a car outside a
secondary school in Loughton, Essex. Emergency services were called
to Willingale Road, close to Debden Park High School, at around
3.30pm on December 2. Essex Police have described the incident as a
‘serious collision’ and emphasised that road closures are now in
place.


https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/02/multi...9/?ito=cbshare


Nobody died, just breathe in, relax.


BBC news says that a child has been killed and that the incident was a
hit and run.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50637430

Somewhat tellingly, the Essex police say they are treating it as a
murder enquiry.
  #5  
Old December 3rd 19, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 267
Default ‘Multiple children’ hit by car after it mounted pavement outside school

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 7:19:02 PM UTC, Tosspot wrote:
On 02/12/2019 20:08, Bod wrote:
‘Multiple children’ have reportedly been hit by a car outside a
secondary school in Loughton, Essex. Emergency services were called
to Willingale Road, close to Debden Park High School, at around
3.30pm on December 2. Essex Police have described the incident as a
‘serious collision’ and emphasised that road closures are now in
place.


https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/02/multi...9/?ito=cbshare


Nobody died, just breathe in, relax.


There is now a murder enguiry after the driver killed a child. There are FIVE injured as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ex-school.html
  #6  
Old December 3rd 19, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,864
Default ‘Multiple children’ hit by car after it mounted pavement outside school

On 03/12/2019 12:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 7:19:02 PM UTC, Tosspot wrote:
On 02/12/2019 20:08, Bod wrote:
‘Multiple children’ have reportedly been hit by a car outside a
secondary school in Loughton, Essex. Emergency services were called
to Willingale Road, close to Debden Park High School, at around
3.30pm on December 2. Essex Police have described the incident as a
‘serious collision’ and emphasised that road closures are now in
place.


https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/02/multi...9/?ito=cbshare


Nobody died, just breathe in, relax.


There is now a murder enguiry after the driver killed a child. There are FIVE injured as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ex-school.html


Indeed. And this takes the matter rather outside the scope of being a
road traffic accident.
  #7  
Old December 3rd 19, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 267
Default ‘Multiple children’ hit by car after it mounted pavement outside school

On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 12:02:33 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 7:19:02 PM UTC, Tosspot wrote:
On 02/12/2019 20:08, Bod wrote:
‘Multiple children’ have reportedly been hit by a car outside a
secondary school in Loughton, Essex. Emergency services were called
to Willingale Road, close to Debden Park High School, at around
3.30pm on December 2. Essex Police have described the incident as a
‘serious collision’ and emphasised that road closures are now in
place.


https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/02/multi...9/?ito=cbshare


Nobody died, just breathe in, relax.


There is now a murder enguiry after the driver killed a child. There are FIVE injured as well.


LBC radio is reporting that SIX people are injured, not five.
  #8  
Old December 3rd 19, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,235
Default ‘Multiple children’ hit by car after it mounted pavement outside school

On 03/12/2019 12:16, JNugent wrote:
On 03/12/2019 12:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 7:19:02 PM UTC, Tosspot wrote:
On 02/12/2019 20:08, Bod wrote:
‘Multiple children’ have reportedly been hit by a car outside a
secondary school in Loughton, Essex. Emergency services were called
to Willingale Road, close to Debden Park High School, at around
3.30pm on December 2. Essex Police have described the incident as a
‘serious collision’ and emphasised that road closures are now in
place.


https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/02/multi...9/?ito=cbshare


Nobody died, just breathe in, relax.


There is now a murder enguiry after the driver killed a child. There
are FIVE injured as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ex-school.html


Indeed. And this takes the matter rather outside the scope of being a
road traffic accident.

Using a car driving on the road as a weapon.


--
Bod
  #9  
Old December 3rd 19, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 267
Default ‘Multiple children’ hit by car after it mounted pavement outside school

On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 12:40:54 PM UTC, Bod wrote:

Using a car driving on the road as a weapon.


--
Bod


I wonder what happened to Doug?
He was always on about people being killed by "car weapons".
  #10  
Old December 3rd 19, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,235
Default ‘Multiple children’ hit by car after it mounted pavement outside school

On 03/12/2019 12:50, Simon Mason wrote:
On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 12:40:54 PM UTC, Bod wrote:

Using a car driving on the road as a weapon.


--
Bod


I wonder what happened to Doug?
He was always on about people being killed by "car weapons".

Search me.


--
Bod
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leeds primary school goes from zero kids riding to school to 42 intwo years Alycidon UK 0 March 5th 16 03:45 PM
Rigid Forks: Old School vs New School? (PeteCresswell) Techniques 21 February 5th 10 02:09 AM
Pavement cyclists targeted again but not pavement motorists. Doug[_3_] UK 44 October 30th 09 08:31 AM
School charging for pupils cycling to school TonyB[_2_] UK 60 March 30th 09 10:57 AM
Highland Middle School Bicycle to School Day Claire Petersky General 5 May 23rd 06 02:25 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.