Why is the Supply of Idiot Mountain Bikers ENDESS?

Old October 19th 07, 05:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Why is the Supply of Idiot Mountain Bikers ENDESS?

At 08:00 AM 10/19/2007, "James Jones"
wrote:
Why don't you redirect your energies to the root cause of everything on your website - OVERPOPULATION. There is too much competition for natural resources, all caused by the failure of humans to control their growth in numbers. Yet I see no reference to this underlying issue on your website. Work for the cause, not the effect!

If the world had 5% of its current population now you would not even be concerned with mountain bikers!

I have a vasectomy and no kids. Can you match that?

I understand that you are a mountain biker, and can't seem to enjoy
life unless you are ripping up nature for thrills, but I'm not going
to stop telling the truth about mountain biking, just so a few
extremely selfish people can continue abusing wildlife and our natural
areas. You would be more persuasive if you did your homework first.
MOST humans don't mountain bike, so that lessens their impact, even
though they can't be removed from the planet. Mountain biking, on the
other hand, is so dangerous that people die from it frequently. You
should be very happy about that! Fewer people on the Earth! ...

Best,

James Jones

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Old October 19th 07, 07:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
cc

wrote:
Why don't you redirect your energies to the root cause of everything
on your website - OVERPOPULATION. There is too much competition for
natural resources, all caused by the failure of humans to control
their growth in numbers. Yet I see no reference to this underlying
issue on your website. Work for the cause, not the effect!

If the world had 5% of its current population now you would not even
be concerned with mountain bikers!

I have a vasectomy and no kids. Can you match that?

Thank God for that.

seriously. i was having a pretty sub-par morning until I read that.
Old October 19th 07, 07:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris[_5_]

Mike Vandeman wrote in
:

wrote:
Why don't you redirect your energies to the root cause of everything
on your website - OVERPOPULATION. There is too much competition for
natural resources, all caused by the failure of humans to control
their growth in numbers. Yet I see no reference to this underlying
issue on your website. Work for the cause, not the effect!

If the world had 5% of its current population now you would not even
be concerned with mountain bikers!

I have a vasectomy and no kids. Can you match that?

Mike, you said it so clearly in another thread ..... Evolution at work!

Old October 19th 07, 08:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:54:23 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:
Why don't you redirect your energies to the root cause of everything on
your website - OVERPOPULATION. There is too much competition for natural
resources, all caused by the failure of humans to control their growth in
numbers. Yet I see no reference to this underlying issue on your
website. Work for the cause, not the effect!

If the world had 5% of its current population now you would not even be
concerned with mountain bikers!

I have a vasectomy and no kids. Can you match that?

Thank God for that.

God had nothing to do with it, idiot. Thanks for demonstrating why
mountain bikers are being weeded out by natural selection.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old October 19th 07, 11:02 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

Thank God for that.

God had nothing to do with it, idiot. Thanks for demonstrating why
mountain bikers are being weeded out by natural selection.

The good thing for the rest of us is that you are weeding yourself out. A
self-chlorinating gene pool.

Old October 19th 07, 11:02 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
El Kapitano

FFS mikey you really are a first class ******, thanks for letting us know
there are no little mikeys kicking around being brainwashed by a sad
lifeless ****wit (that'll be you) to take over his fathers crown as most
pointless vaguely carbon based web attached lifeform on the planet, we can
only await your demise to rid ourselves of your pointless, overambituous
posts.

Wouldn't your time be better spent trying to find a way round the joint,
much more destructive (at least here in the UK) problem of off road
motorcycle trail access denial?

I don't see the need for the excessive cross posting either.

Andy H

wrote:

. ..
wrote:
Why don't you redirect your energies to the root cause of everything on
your website - OVERPOPULATION. There is too much competition for
natural
resources, all caused by the failure of humans to control their growth
in
numbers. Yet I see no reference to this underlying issue on your
website. Work for the cause, not the effect!

If the world had 5% of its current population now you would not even be
concerned with mountain bikers!

I have a vasectomy and no kids. Can you match that?

Thank God for that.

God had nothing to do with it, idiot. Thanks for demonstrating why
mountain bikers are being weeded out by natural selection.

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Old October 20th 07, 12:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
news.Blueyonder.co.uk

"El Kapitano" wrote in message
Wouldn't your time be better spent trying to find a way round the joint,
much more destructive (at least here in the UK) problem of off road
motorcycle trail access denial?

I don't see the need for the excessive cross posting either.

Andy,

I agree 100%. I've not done much really wild stuff, but I did try Mam Tor,
Rushop Edge & Edale a while back.
Gorgeous place, stunning views, stopped to take piccys, enjoy the peace, and
have a good chat with walkers.
Then on the drop back to Castleton the whole route was gouged out by 18 inch
deep ruts caused by trail bikes. The whole hillside looked like the Somme.

I've witnessed motorbikers 6 strong flying along the Trans-Pennine Trail at
30+ mph, doing a mud-plume burnouts as a young couple passed with a baby in
a push-chair. Plus I work in a factory that borders a TPT stretch where two
trail bikers have died in head-on collisions.

Then I come to this newsgroup and have to read the repetitive, manipulative
garbage of a man who uses knowledge gained from studying psychology to
create flamewars in order to then print the replies (minus of course his
carefully chosen inflamatory stuff) and post them to politicians who have no
idea what he is on about - but react to the hatred he generates.

The crossposting is just another technique for getting the flamewars a wider
audience. He tries to manipulate even his fellow environmentalists.

There are inconsiderate people in any activity, the ones who enjoy seeing
others suffer for their enjoyment. They are a minority - whether their
chosen activity is mountain biking, walking, driving, or newsgroup posting.
The secret is to deny them their audience by ignoring them.

Nigel

Old October 20th 07, 05:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
daddy

I have a vasectomy and no kids. Can you match that?

Thank God for that.

ditto