Altering lifestyle because you ride a bicycle

Old April 3rd 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
[email protected][_2_]

Default Altering lifestyle because you ride a bicycle

Hello,

I wonder how cycling effects newsroup readers' major life decisions?

For example, in one of my other newsgroups somebody mentioned that
they took a job because it was in cycling distance to thier home. I
find that pretty noble, but I wonder how cycling affects decisions
cyclists, in general, make. Big life-changing decisions? Small, day-to-
day decisions?

If any of you have made such a decision, what was it?

Thanks,
Cullen
Old April 3rd 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Veloise

Cullen wrote:
I wonder how cycling effects newsroup readers' major life decisions?

For example, in one of my other newsgroups somebody mentioned that
they took a job because it was in cycling distance to thier home. I
find that pretty noble, but I wonder how cycling affects decisions
cyclists, in general, make. Big life-changing decisions? Small, day-to-
day decisions?

If any of you have made such a decision, what was it?

For years, whenever I viewed a possible rental place, I'd check to
door widths and how they swung. Some places are just impossible to get
a bike through the door. Also basement and other interior storage/
parking.

I moved to my hometown because it's much more cycling-friendly than
the location where I was living (metro Detroit, quelle surprise!).

And any four-wheeler I own will be capable of transporting one or more
bikes/tandems.

HTH

--Karen D.
Old April 4th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
recycled[_2_]

wrote in message
Hello,

I wonder how cycling effects newsroup readers' major life decisions?

For example, in one of my other newsgroups somebody mentioned that
they took a job because it was in cycling distance to thier home. I
find that pretty noble, but I wonder how cycling affects decisions
cyclists, in general, make. Big life-changing decisions? Small, day-to-
day decisions?

If any of you have made such a decision, what was it?

Mike Vandeman. I was a committed urban cyclist until I stumbled across his
posts. Then I threw myself
body and soul into the passion of mountain biking.

Thank you Mikey. Now there is no wilderness trail that won't draw me to it
on two wheels.