How Do I Get My Rollo Disks On?

Old December 4th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
foforackard

Default How Do I Get My Rollo Disks On?

Hey guys I recently got some rollo disks from unicycle.com and I can't
seem to get them on.

This is what I do:

I take my crank bolt out(I have a kh of course) and put the disk in
place.
When I start turning the bolt to tighten it only tightens for about
half a turn and than pops loose.
I obviously need longer bolts or something.
Kris, anybody, what should I do?

--
foforackard

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
In my dream somehow I was in America and I was trying to kill Forrest
(I have no idea why) and then I didn't and we were really good friends.

http://www.youtube.com/user/forack23
Old December 4th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

foforackard;1142681 wrote:

Kris, anybody, what should I do?

take pictures!!!

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5
Old December 4th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

Sounds like you need longer bolts.

If you are lucky a hardware store might have something suitable.

--
saskatchewanian
Old December 4th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ktkartch

i know this is stupid but maybe your turning it the wrong way... i dono

it would suck if you stripped it!!

--
ktkartch
Old December 4th 08, 12:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mikepenton

there was another thread in the past few days giving advice on
installing them.

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)
Old December 4th 08, 12:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

The advice from Kris, was to have the crank installed. If you try to
install the crank and the Rollo disc at the same time, they wont catch,
but if you install the crank then the disc is should catch fine.

It sounds like Forrest has is cranks already installed.

--
agentQ

---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old December 4th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jon Atwell

i herd that they are to small...u may have to hit up a hardware store.
im scoring up a pair(of rollos) this weekend!!

--
Jon Atwell
Old December 4th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Harley

foforackard;1142681 wrote:
Hey guys I recently got some rollo disks from unicycle.com and I can't
seem to get them on.

This is what I do:

I take my crank bolt out(I have a kh of course) and put the disk in
place.
When I start turning the bolt to tighten it only tightens for about
half a turn and than pops loose.
I obviously need longer bolts or something.
Kris, anybody, what should I do?

I won't profess to know how to install the Rollo's but I do know that
the KH crank bolts came in at least 2 lengths. Contact UDC to see if a
longer bolt is required and whether or not they can supply you with
longer ones.

When I purchased my KH 24 (with moments) there were some cosmetic flaws
on one of the crank arms. My LBS had another set sent out from UDC and
when we did the swap we noticed that my original bolts were longer than
the replacement bolts that came with the new cranks. Not sure if this
means that they still have different lengths or not.

Hope this helps.

--
Harley

Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can **** a hole
through a rock.
Old December 4th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

agentQ;1142869 wrote:
The advice from Kris, was to have the crank installed. If you try to
install the crank and the Rollo disc at the same time, they wont catch,
but if you install the crank then the disc is should catch fine.

makes an awful lot of sense, having the crank wound fully up on to the
spline would give you spare bolt length

--
kington99

Dave

Old December 4th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
foforackard

I just talked to unicycle.com and they said they don't have any longer
bolts.

The dude from udc recommended trying to get my crank on tighter to
allow the bolt to reach more threads,
but I'm pretty sure the crank is on all the way.

--
foforackard

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

Rollo-Discs Unisykolist Unicycling 5 December 5th 08 01:34 AM
How Do I Get My Rollo Disks On? wickedbob Unicycling 0 December 4th 08 04:01 AM
FS: Bianchi Rollo 22" [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 17th 05 04:02 PM
Cannondale's tests of disks and QRs James Annan Techniques 266 October 6th 04 07:31 PM
Rotors/Disks that won't warp? geemike Mountain Biking 3 September 17th 04 04:40 AM