meanwhile in NY

Old September 23rd 16, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default meanwhile in NY

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2803086

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 23rd 16, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 9/23/2016 10:04 AM, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2803086

"Cops are still searching for the truck and its driver, who may not have
realized the bicyclist was hit, officials said."

What kind of bull**** is that??

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 23rd 16, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/23/2016 10:24 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/23/2016 10:04 AM, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2803086

"Cops are still searching for the truck and its driver, who
may not have realized the bicyclist was hit, officials said."

What kind of bull**** is that??

Great question!

In this case, NYC bull****.
The Maryland bull**** was in my other post.
Ohio bull**** (woman on purple bike abducted & assaulted
near Toledo) was last month.

You're welcome.

Old September 23rd 16, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 8:04:42 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2803086

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

was rtuck day out from California to east Idahoe ....3-4 stopped dead in the middle of NOWHERE and partly on the 2 lane ribbon. Summer's victims ...

30 to I? up to Idahoe Falls is onadem sweeping lefts into rush hour please merge here traffic....my favorites are the smooth banked blind turn under bridge then up merging from the right...I gottem nailed in there....

so I merge n there in the mud up against a dirt wall and under n beyond a huge Interstate sign on wooden posts is a FWD sedan, grey, backwards into the bank n straight thru onedem large wooden posts now in at least 2 pieces ....

and it is raining like the typhoon iza comin thru .....with rash hour traffic ..

there was a fooly loaded tourer grinding up from Panamint Wells but prob a plant not a descender .....

one here in Yellowstone ....meager compared to last trip...the place is packed

there were a surprising number of HD tour groups n one BM HD popped by an unusually large number of Hemmingway lookalikes...in the hurricane spawned rainstorm blowing up from SOC.

One in the Mtns abt 11PM ...prob BM...great lights super....

Old September 26th 16, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 7:04:42 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2803086

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

San Francisco bay area Bull****:

This from one of the kids that rides with our group. He's a father of three and started his kids riding the day they were born I think. The 9 year old girls on heavy bikes can leave a lot of the group on the climbs. And they have PERFECT road manners. He uses his bike almost exclusively for transportation. I don't even think he has a car.

He was riding back from one of our rides and where the four lane road narrows to allow left turn lanes he took up the entire lane as he should. The traffic in this area is much heavier than it should be thanks to Google Maps routing traffic over country roads where ever it might be a "shorter" route or if there are back-ups on the freeway.

In any case even though there was a red light ahead some Hispanic punk in an old Econoline-type of van started ULTRA-tailgating him. Bruce has a GoPro camera or whatever it's called that was recording the entire thing.

Then this punk starts screaming names at him AND YOU CAN SEE A LARGE GROUP of stopped cars at the next light a couple of blocks away. Riding on my friend's rear wheel within inches and screaming threats so unhinged my friend that as they got to the stopped traffic he cut across between the cars from the right lane to the left turn lane. When the light gave a left turn signal he made the turn and went up the road.

The miscreant still shouting pulled to the right around the stopped cars in front of him and turned left across the whole string just as they got a green and started forward.

He accelerated up to high speed and plainly intended to run Bruce over. At his location there is a dirt path between a couple of buildings and Bruce jumped the curb and started back it. The van also jumped the curb and continued to chase him. At the other end is a California Highway Patrol Office. Bruce went inside and prize punk disappeared.

Bruce showed the CHP this entire episode on his camera. The van didn't have any plates on it but it was totally recognizable since it was a white van with the doors replaced off of a copper brown van.

ALL of these laws had been broken, Bruce's life had been seriously threatened and the Highway Patrol told him that a cop would have actually had to witness it for them to do anything about it.

Apparently you have to take the law into your own hands. It is a GOOD thing that this punk wasn't within my reach.

I should say that for the most part around here people are pretty polite to bicyclists. The real problems come from people that don't know how to drive and on right bends pull all the way into the bike lanes and almost hit the parked cars. And on left bends they slide half way into the right lane. Cops can watch them do this and take no actions whatsoever.

But at the same time they want to increase taxes to fix the roads. When you can ticket people running red lights, rolling "free" right turns and as I saw yesterday - pulling from the divided opposite direction lanes through a left turn lane and then driving at least a block opposite to traffic so that they didn't have to go three blocks and make a u-turn and make MORE money than the tax they are talking about AND make driving safer you have to wonder what is going through the minds of both the legislators and the police..