Louisiana water bottle design

Old February 16th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Veloise

Default Louisiana water bottle design

Looking for something to use when my street band plays Mardi Gras
music again. Preferred MG colors, or a LBS with a regional name/logo.

Get this: I use a TwoFish velcro bottle cage attached to the
sousaphone.

TIA

--Karen D.
already looked on the auctions
Old February 17th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Veloise writes:
Looking for something to use when my street band plays Mardi Gras
music again. Preferred MG colors, or a LBS with a regional name/logo.

I've lately seen lots of artsy-craftsy stuff at
the dollar stores: beads, sequins, rhinestones,
shiny appliques, decals and other stick-on-ables.
You could make something of your own design (if
you've a mind to.) To tell you the truth, I've
been looking at this stuff, wondering what I
could do with it.

I guess now I've gotta admit to being somewhat
of a dollar store denizen.

Get this: I use a TwoFish velcro bottle cage attached to the
sousaphone.

That's creative! And certainly more elegant than
those bottle holders on some fanny-packs.
Or the infamous Beer Hat.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old February 17th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Feb 16, 11:31*am, Veloise wrote:
Looking for something to use when my street band plays Mardi Gras
music again. Preferred MG colors, or a LBS with a regional name/logo.

Get this: I use a TwoFish velcro bottle cage attached to the
sousaphone.

TIA

--Karen D.
already looked on the auctions

hi can u send me updates
Old February 17th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Veloise

Tom wrote:
I've lately seen lots of artsy-craftsy stuff at
the dollar stores: beads, sequins, rhinestones,
shiny appliques, decals and other stick-on-ables.
You could make something of your own design (if
you've a mind to.) To tell you the truth, I've
been looking at this stuff, wondering what I
could do with it.

The bottle needs to fit an standard-issue cage (the afore-mentioned
velcro heavy metal mount). Adding a lot of decorations on its surface
will make it impossible to use in a bottle cage. I want to be able to
remove the bottle, drink from it, and replace in the cage.

My primary interest is a bottle from a shop in a cool town such as
Lafayette or BR. If a LA bike club has custom bottles, that'd work
too. (Will trade for a Rapid Wheelmen one.)

Oriental Trading, purveyors of all kinds of wholesale stuff, offers a
case of MG-print water bottles. But I only need one.

HTH

--Karen D.
Old February 17th 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Veloise writes:
Tom wrote:
I've lately seen lots of artsy-craftsy stuff at
the dollar stores: beads, sequins, rhinestones,
shiny appliques, decals and other stick-on-ables.
You could make something of your own design (if
you've a mind to.) To tell you the truth, I've
been looking at this stuff, wondering what I
could do with it.

The bottle needs to fit an standard-issue cage (the afore-mentioned
velcro heavy metal mount). Adding a lot of decorations on its surface
will make it impossible to use in a bottle cage.

Not necessarily. And cages can be modified.
At least, non-aluminum ones. And a lot of
the decorations of which I speak are pretty
flat. The rhinestones & beads might stick
up a li'l, but you don't even necessarily
have to use 'em.

Y'wanna attach your water bottle to yer horn
and thereby make a statement? Dangle it from
the bell. It'll swing around a lot as you walk,
but such is life. Sacrifices must be made.

I want to be able to
remove the bottle, drink from it, and replace in the cage.

When bottle cages dictate to us, I'll eat
my hat!

My primary interest is a bottle from a shop in a cool town such as
Lafayette or BR. If a LA bike club has custom bottles, that'd work
too. (Will trade for a Rapid Wheelmen one.)

Oriental Trading, purveyors of all kinds of wholesale stuff, offers a
case of MG-print water bottles. But I only need one.

I recommend a Tiffany's-style cloisonne water bottle,
w/ tortoise-shell, opal and turquoise inlays.

Maybe some garnet highlights. Or maybe something
insanely yellow and jasinthe/topaz.

Maybe sub the tortoise-shell w/ thin malachite.
Poor ol' tortoises anyways.

You can create the loveliest water bottle in
the whole parade.

cheers,
Tom