Converting English to Italian Bottom Bracket Threads

Old October 11th 16, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Converting English to Italian Bottom Bracket Threads

Hello,
Saw a You Tube video yesterday repairing a damaged English thread and reaming it out and tapping to an Italian thread.
I have looked around the internet for the reamer bit, but I cannot get a "hit".
Can anyone tell me where I can get, I assume its a 36mm reamer? Any advise or comments on this procedure would be of interest I am sure.
Thanks Zoomie220.
Old October 11th 16, 05:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 9:12:29 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hello,
Saw a You Tube video yesterday repairing a damaged English thread and reaming it out and tapping to an Italian thread.
I have looked around the internet for the reamer bit, but I cannot get a "hit".
Can anyone tell me where I can get, I assume its a 36mm reamer? Any advise or comments on this procedure would be of interest I am sure.
Thanks Zoomie220.

I did some research, It looks like Bicycle Research used to make reamers for just this problem. They where part #s BBR1 and BBR2 for VAR or Campy handles.