Cyclocross bike fit different?

Old July 10th 04, 01:18 PM
Bryan C

Default Cyclocross bike fit different?

I have started looking at cyclocross bikes, which I want for
commuting/touring and dirt road riding. One shop I was at recommended
getting a frame TWO sizes smaller than my road bike frame, which is a
56 for my Fuji. The explanation was that the bottom bracket was
higher, so you need to go to the smaller size to have the proper
stand-over height. Do experienced cyclocrossers agree with this
recommendation. Yes, I know there are different methods of measuring
the frame sizes on road bikes, so this may not be exact. But does it
work in general?
Old July 13th 04, 12:45 AM
Booker C. Bense

Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
Secure Bike Parking.? M. Barbee General 14 January 6th 04 02:00 AM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
Best Way to Travel with a Bike on an Airplane F1 General 5 August 14th 03 10:39 PM