Helmet pads

Old October 10th 06, 09:48 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Alan Erskine

Default Helmet pads

You know the, the one's inside the helmet? Mine just fell apart. Are they
available in bike stores or department stores?

--
Alan Erskine

Old October 10th 06, 10:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:48:00 GMT
Alan Erskine wrote:
You know the, the one's inside the helmet? Mine just fell apart. Are they
available in bike stores or department stores?

Some expensive lids have spares kits. But if it's an oldish helmet
they probably don't have them anymore....

In Sydney Reverse Garbage often has neoprene wetsuit offcuts which you
could make pads from. Clark Rubber might have something in the closed
cell foam line too. Or maybe just cut up a neoprene stubby holder.

I guess it depends on how much cycling (and thus how much sweating)
you do as to whether the pads falling apart is a sign the helmet's
getting on a bit.

Zebee
Old October 10th 06, 10:19 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveH

I have some "draught excluder" self adhesive foam strips in mine. . . helps
to make it a snug fit. I think you can get it in various widths and
thicknesses from hardware stores. . .

Dave H

Old October 10th 06, 11:49 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Alan Erskine wrote:
You know the, the one's inside the helmet? Mine just fell apart. Are they
available in bike stores or department stores?

I seem to remember picking up a packet of them in Target, sporting
section with the bike stuff. Huffy quality, but OK for the job.

Donga

Old October 11th 06, 01:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Alan Erskine

Thanks for the advice to Zebee, DaveH and Donga.

--
Alan Erskine

Old October 13th 06, 10:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
zog

Alan Erskine wrote:
You know the, the one's inside the helmet? Mine just fell apart. Are they
available in bike stores or department stores?

--

just try your local bike shop, mine had a bucket full of extra pads from
helmets they sold that the customer didn't want, I got a new set for