The Bermuda Triangle of Cycling: L.A. to N.Y. to Miami

Old April 12th 11, 02:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default The Bermuda Triangle of Cycling: L.A. to N.Y. to Miami

On Apr 11, 9:49*pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher" wrote:

http://outsideonline.com/adventure/t...-york-bike-com...

"Florida Girl" confirms my Wisdom that Life's a Beach away from the
roads where life's a bitch... But does she know about the Beach
Cruiser? She doesn't have to face the sharks!

"After cycling in south and central Fla my whole life (and even during
my time in Africa as a Peace Corps volunteer), I finally gave it up
for surfing. I found myself finishing bike rides filled with road rage
at all the stupidity and life-threatening encounters with mean-
spirited and unaware drivers. I now surf. People ask me if I worry
about sharks and I tell them I'd rather swim with the sharks than ride
with the public! (and am more relaxed and happy after a surf session)"
Old April 12th 11, 06:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

I keep adding my wisdom to the forum (adding fuel to the fire, so to
speak):

"People talk about cyclists as if we were all ONE SPECIES. No we are
not. Elite cyclists --usually riding in colorful packs-- set the bad
reputation for all.

This is the species that we need to feed: HUMBLE CYCLIST DOING ERRANDS
OR COMMUTING. Let's call it BIPEDAL HOMO SAPIENS, where bipedal refers
to the pedals and sapiens to being smart.

Elite and bipedal species don't even relate to each other. What's the
point of them launching an SUV to launch a bike?"

Old April 12th 11, 07:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

This is classical class struggle: the Fat Ass vs. the Fit Ass, and
the Fat Ass wins every time by sheer size. When will the Fit Ass rise
up and do something?

Don't ask me what can it be, but TAKING THE LANE in a coordinated
manner may take us somewhere short of communism.