OT Flame War

Old October 21st 04, 01:32 AM
Tom Sherman

James S. Prine wrote:

... I don't like Bush, but I *despise* Kerry for what he's done.

Will you vote for a third party candidate then? There are some on both
sides of the political fence who put both Bush II and Kerry to shame for
honesty, character and moral conviction.

Will you support instant runoff voting so third party candidates can be
more than spoilers, thereby restoring real representative democracy to
the United States of America?

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

Old October 21st 04, 01:44 AM
Tom Sherman

James S. Prine wrote:

The same might be said for your opinion...from your email address you aren't an
American and you have no say in who we vote for (or against), so your relevancy
on the issue is somewhat suspect....

You obviously missed Tony Blair's plan to make Great Britain the 51st State.

But I used Crockett as an example, because
Crockett and his comrades-in-arms at the Alamo chose to fight to the death
against overwhelming odds...against an egotistical power-mad dictator...the
Kerry of 1836....

Here is some overblown, partisan rhetoric. If Kerry is "an egotistical
power-mad dictator", and then Bush II must be a combination of Ghengis
Khan, Stalin, and Hitler. Like that comparison? I didn't think so.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

Old October 21st 04, 02:23 AM
James S. Prine

Didn't a considerable quantity of his service record go, er, "missing",
though?

No, but apparently they had some trouble getting all of it
together...computerized records of today simply didn't exist back in that time
period.

For what it's worth, I've been trying...without much success...for just over
two years now, to get complete access to my *entire* military record, including
the classified portions. I actually have a Congressman assisting me in this,
and all I ever receive are the same records, over and over again, with the
'sealed' portions blacked out, or marked "classified", or simply not there.
Odd.

James S. Prine

"Colonel David Crockett...would *not* have supported Kerry."

http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/

Old October 21st 04, 02:35 AM
James S. Prine

Remind me again, is that better or worse than a chickenhawk deserter

I hope you can prove that Bush is any form of 'deserter". However, you might
be interested in Kerry's own service record (that which is available), which
reveals that he signed an Oath of Enlistment into the U.S. Naval Reserve for a
6-year commitment (plus 6 months extension for wartime service) on Feb. 18,
1966, and, later on the same day, Kerry signed an Officer Candidate contract,
obligating him to 6 years (5 years of active duty & active Naval Reserves, and
1 year of inactive standby reserves).

However, Kerry's records show that he was discharged from active duty on 3
January 1970 after serving only 3 years and 18 days' service; Kerry's discharge
from the U.S. Naval Reserve was recorded as 16 February 1978!

Clearly, Kerry did *not* perform the duty he'd signed up to perform. So, who
is the real *deserter* here? LOL...make up your own mind, but the dates on the
records are hard to refute and are available online in many locations.

who lied to Congress to get them to let him invade another country
against international law in order to settle an old score for his
father and to make money for his rich friends? ;-)

who lied to Congress to get them to let him invade another country
against international law

Which "international law" are you referring to here? Are you dragging the (as
ever, impotent) UN into this matter?

in order to settle an old score for his
father and to make money for his rich friends?

That's a popular assertation in some circles, but that doesn't necessarily
prove any of it is true. And don't forget Mr. Clinton's little adventure in
Bosnia (and other places) to the tune of $77 billion; LOL...even CLINTON gave
Halliburton a no-bid contract!

Old October 21st 04, 02:40 AM
James S. Prine

And there are indications that some records may have been purged - this
is of course impossible to prove either way unless records turn up
elsewhere that were not in the official files released.

Agreed, and understood. I believe I've already posted that I'm having an
*extremely* difficult time getting full access to my own military records; this
has been going on for just over two years now and, even with a U.S. Congressman
involved, I cannot gain access to the 'sealed' portions of my own record, which
is *really* becoming frustrating.

Old October 21st 04, 02:44 AM
James S. Prine

Will you vote for a third party candidate then? There are some on both
sides of the political fence who put both Bush II and Kerry to shame for
honesty, character and moral conviction.

In all sincerity, I'd like to examine their credentials and their platforms;
I'd vote for a truly admirable candidate in an instant.

Perhaps we need a "None of the Above" choice on the machines.

Will you support instant runoff voting so third party candidates can be
more than spoilers, thereby restoring real representative democracy to
the United States of America?

I don't think that will be possible until we get the 'bugs' worked out all
across the U.S.; there are already credible reports of extreme irregularities
in those areas that have already started 'early' voting. But it shows some
merit, yes.

Old October 21st 04, 02:47 AM
James S. Prine

You obviously missed Tony Blair's plan to make Great Britain the 51st State.

LOL...I think that's a somewhat amusing observation, almost "Monty Python" in
its scope.

Here is some overblown, partisan rhetoric. If Kerry is "an egotistical
power-mad dictator", and then Bush II must be a combination of Ghengis
Khan, Stalin, and Hitler. Like that comparison? I didn't think so.

Actually, I liked it just fine. Factor it by 10 and we might come close to
Kerry's potential.

Old October 21st 04, 03:12 AM
Tom Sherman

James S. Prine wrote:

...computerized records of today simply didn't exist back in that time
period....

The truism has been rediscovered.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

Old October 21st 04, 10:41 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:04:08 -0500, Zippy the Pinhead
wrote:

.....a chickenhawk deserter
who lied to Congress to get them to let him invade another country
against international law in order to settle an old score for his
father and to make money for his rich friends? ;-)

Let us know when you've fleshed out this little work of fiction. It
might make a good pulp novel.

Touched a nerve, did I?

Note the .sig.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old October 21st 04, 10:47 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 21 Oct 2004 01:35:58 GMT, othanks (James S. Prine)
wrote:

Kerry's records show that he was discharged from active duty on 3
January 1970 after serving only 3 years and 18 days' service; Kerry's discharge
from the U.S. Naval Reserve was recorded as 16 February 1978!
Clearly, Kerry did *not* perform the duty he'd signed up to perform.

And it is of course inconceivable that the US military would be able
to enforce a contractual obligation. It cannot be possible that he
was, say, invalided out.

On the other hand, we do know that Dubya went to some lengths to avoid
placing his precious hide in the kind of danger into whihc he is
perfectly happy to send not just US, but other nations' troops.

"Willing to fight to the last drop of somebody else's blood" seems to
fit quite neatly here :-)

who lied to Congress to get them to let him invade another country
against international law

Which "international law" are you referring to here? Are you dragging the (as
ever, impotent) UN into this matter?

It was irony - we all know that International means the World, and the
World does not include the US. Why else are the US exempt from the
international war crimes statutes? ;-)

in order to settle an old score for his
father and to make money for his rich friends?

That's a popular assertation in some circles,

Cui bono, and all that. As someone else said, "if war is the answer,
why do they have to keep changing the question?"

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

My Muni and Bedford flame stickers! joe Unicycling 12 December 7th 03 02:34 PM
A flame! Just zis Guy, you know? UK 6 November 6th 03 02:33 PM
Noob question (so flame me) Ewoud Dronkert Racing 3 September 12th 03 09:35 PM