Ryobi tools batteries

Old December 7th 17, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Ryobi tools batteries

Speaking of the Ryobi cordless power tool
chain, I see there are no less then five
different batteries! All are 18V Lithium but
the Ah's are 1.3, 1.5, 2.5, 4.0 and 5.0.
What does that mean? Do you get more power for
a single drill or cut or whatever or can you
just do the same thing more times
before recharge?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old December 7th 17, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Another question, in the manual it says "for
indoor use". What does that mean? The tool
can't take rain? Or cold? Or damp?

I'm planning to lay a tin roof above part of
the area so one can be inside and outside at
the same time. Surely the tools won't break
from use under such a roof?

Old December 8th 17, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 22:59:02 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

Another question, in the manual it says "for
indoor use". What does that mean? The tool
can't take rain? Or cold? Or damp?

I'm planning to lay a tin roof above part of
the area so one can be inside and outside at
the same time. Surely the tools won't break
from use under such a roof?

I don't believe I have ever owned a tool marked "outside" and unless
you plan on working in a cloud burst, which few people do, I can't see
any reason for owning one.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old December 8th 17, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

John B. wrote:

I don't believe I have ever owned a tool
marked "outside"

Really?

Anyone wants to become a millionaire?

It could be the next iteration of the cordless,
brushless [insert more here] power tool
revolution!

Old December 8th 17, 09:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 06:00:34 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

John B. wrote:

I don't believe I have ever owned a tool
marked "outside"

Really?

Anyone wants to become a millionaire?

It could be the next iteration of the cordless,
brushless [insert more here] power tool
revolution!

I am envisioning a "inside hammer" and an "outside hammer".
(The outside hammer would be the more expensive choice, of course :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old December 8th 17, 01:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Commercial Pro vs home shop

The batts are all different sizes right ?

Do batts fit into handle ?
Old December 8th 17, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

wrote:

John B. wrote:

I don't believe I have ever owned a tool
marked "outside"

Really?

Anyone wants to become a millionaire?

It could be the next iteration of the cordless,
brushless [insert more here] power tool
revolution!

I am envisioning a "inside hammer" and an "outside hammer".
(The outside hammer would be the more expensive choice, of course :-)

Don't go trying to sell me an "inside" shovel.
Old December 8th 17, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

John B. wrote:

I don't believe I have ever owned a tool
marked "outside" and unless you plan on
working in a cloud burst, which few people
do, I can't see any reason for owning one.

When you buy nails and screws and the like
sometimes it says outside on the box.

Old December 7th 17, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

THE TOOL requires a definite specified power source as 18 amp and only 18 amp.

I assume the physical amp size only fits the spec tool amp size.

Dell laptops charger's n input side electronics n I assume all others ID each other as strictly compatible. No mix n match.

indoor use means use indoors or gently outside on a nice day never get wet.
a weenie tool. construction tools are not described as 'indoors'. But language n environments differ so maybe the tool is a 'shop tool' use a shop tool for the roof. maybe, maybe not, good luck.

now where do I place the swiss table saw ?
Old December 7th 17, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

avagadro7 wrote:

THE TOOL requires a definite specified power
source as 18 amp and only 18 amp.

I think the five different batteries will work
with any (of those) tools. All batteries are
18V Lithium but the Ah's are 1.3, 1.5, 2.5, 4.0
and 5.0. So I think they have the same power
and interface, thus works for all, but the "Ah"
(Ampere hour) unit seems to suggest the longest
use before recharge for the 5.0 Ah version.
Yes, that must be it.

indoor use means use indoors or gently
outside on a nice day never get wet. a weenie
tool. construction tools are not described
as 'indoors'.

Right, actually I read the manual only *after*
buying the tool! Had I seen that remark I would
have bought the outdoor version.
Indoor only... c'mon.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

Charger for batteries Simon Lewis Techniques 22 June 27th 09 10:34 AM
VAT free batteries. Simon Mason UK 25 November 17th 08 10:46 AM
Polar HRM batteries. neon Australia 9 January 24th 07 06:29 AM
SLA Batteries Peter UK 5 February 3rd 06 07:35 PM
Cateye SLA batteries Peter B UK 4 October 31st 03 12:32 PM