aiight aiight aiight!! how many you dudes think ya could beat me in a race? huh?

Old March 23rd 07, 03:40 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Default aiight aiight aiight!! how many you dudes think ya could beat me in a race? huh?

"Paladin" wrote in message
ups.com...

My opinion on separate classes for SS in mtb races is that for the
most part, SS'ers are more relaxed and have more fun at races. Of
course there are the hotdogs at the top of the pile who feel they have
to act like they're serious roadies, but hey.

Yep, that was my experience back when I raced. In the beginning there were
alot of SSers, then they mostly disappeared for many years.

I remember back in 1988 up at a race in Black Diamond Mines Regional Park
when not one, but two, SSers gave me pushes, not once each, but twice each
while I was riding past them on steeper climbs. They were nuts on the
descents so we were going back and forth. I think one of them was even
riding drop bars.

I can't imagine a fellow competitor giving me a push these days, SS or not.

Greg

Old March 23rd 07, 05:13 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bruno

On Mar 22, 4:56 pm, "JD" wrote:
On Mar 22, 10:38 am, MattB wrote:

But what I'm really interested in is why JD doesn't like IF, or if he's
"jus messin wid ol bruno".

Throwing a dart at a dirtdart.

JD

dang dude you're a douche.

Old March 24th 07, 12:02 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Duncan

"G.T." wrote in message

"Paladin" wrote in message
ups.com...

My opinion on separate classes for SS in mtb races is that for the
most part, SS'ers are more relaxed and have more fun at races. Of
course there are the hotdogs at the top of the pile who feel they have
to act like they're serious roadies, but hey.

Yep, that was my experience back when I raced. In the beginning there
were alot of SSers, then they mostly disappeared for many years.

I remember back in 1988 up at a race in Black Diamond Mines Regional Park
when not one, but two, SSers gave me pushes, not once each, but twice each
while I was riding past them on steeper climbs. They were nuts on the
descents so we were going back and forth. I think one of them was even
riding drop bars.

I can't imagine a fellow competitor giving me a push these days, SS or
not.

I still happens around my neck of the woods[1]. I've had pushes from
friends/strangers/direct competitors either as an apology for slowing me up
on a pinch or as encouragement when I'm suffering up a climb.
All in all the lcoal racing community here is a great bunch of people.
We've had events with categories/sub categories for SS but most SS riders I
know are more happy competing without any special treatment. Most people
seriously overestimate the disadvantage of an SS.

[1] Melbourne, Australia

Old March 24th 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Duncan wrote:
"G.T." wrote in message
"Paladin" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, from looking at pictures of your races I got the feeling that
camaraderie is still there. That's definitely cool.

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html
Old April 1st 07, 04:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bruno

On Mar 24, 12:25 pm, "G.T." wrote:
Duncan wrote:
"G.T." wrote in message
"Paladin" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

The ticket******* Tax Tracker:http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html- Hide quoted text -

ridin' my road whip today boys! nice an' sunny here in da nyc!! rode
up 9w to bear mountain and back. good times fellers!!

happy everything to everybody!!!!

aiight all you southeast asia hands. . . bruno Mountain Biking 13 February 24th 07 01:54 AM
CO Dudes... Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 27 September 11th 06 05:41 AM
Hey Salida dudes MattB Mountain Biking 0 September 14th 05 09:46 PM
UK dudes... Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 5 July 21st 05 05:00 PM
dudes when is there gonna be a unicycle video game? saminsaneman Unicycling 46 September 1st 04 07:59 PM