Read if you have Rollo Disks

Old December 12th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Default Read if you have Rollo Disks

Good point. None of the prototypes have broken in about 6 months of
testing, and it is machined one piece. However, nothing is
indestructible!

Kris

--
danger_uni
Old December 12th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

I did some hardcore pedalgrabs with the prototypes, and it still ok...
Looks new!

Only a REALLY strong pedal grab, like a 1,5m drop to crank would break
it, and ONLY if the rollo touch first the surface, what is really hard
to do...

--
pedrotejada

'*Kris Holm Unicycles*' (http://www.krisholm.com)

*Brazilian Unicycling Team*
Old December 13th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OneWheelLess

danger_uni;1146742 wrote:
The shelf that the bolt face sits on is not actually that thin at about
4.5 mm - enough that it should be more than strong enough for the
appropriate axle bolt torque. The disk contains an insert section that
slides into the crank to support lateral force when standing on it;
again lots of metal for flat riding.

If you keep the Rollo disk on the cranks and hit it hard during a big
grind, you could break it. It's in a pretty vulnerable place. But
of course, the point of the disk is to take cranks that are good street
and trials cranks and turn them into good flatland cranks. If you are
going to try something that might really smash it, just take it off.

thanks kris! that answered my questions. i'll order some as soon as udc
has the appropriate bolts!

--
OneWheelLess

Seriously, the other wheel just fell off one day.
Old December 13th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

People with the Ti hubs should already have them. I have the long bolts
on my Ti hub and the short bolts on my 07 hub.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old December 13th 08, 06:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

You can also ask your LBS for some longer... It doesn't cost more than
10 bucks, and you'll be able to ride it!

Just find some GOOD quality bolts...Maybe Ti bolts...

ISIS bolts are also avaliable on Ebay!

Old December 13th 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

pedrotejada;1148692 wrote:
You can also ask your LBS for some longer... It doesn't cost more than
10 bucks, and you'll be able to ride it!

Just find some GOOD quality bolts...Maybe Ti bolts...

ISIS bolts are also avaliable on Ebay!

The problem is that long enough bolts don't exist, that's why Kris had
to get some made. The reason the prototypes were fine is because the
bolts were modified so the head of the bolt was smaller and could fit
inside the disk inside the crank itself, so it could get closer to the
hub.

--
Spencer Hochberg
Old December 13th 08, 06:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

Spencer Hochberg;1148698 wrote:
The problem is that long enough bolts don't exist, that's why Kris had
to get some made. The reason the prototypes were fine is because the
bolts were modified so the head of the bolt was smaller and could fit
inside the disk inside the crank itself, so it could get closer to the
hub.

Are you sure?

I'm sure that my bike Trials ISIS bolts are bigger than my KH Bolts...
Not sure if long enough, but are longer than the KHs...

Old December 13th 08, 07:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

pedrotejada;1148699 wrote:
Are you sure?

I'm sure that my bike Trials ISIS bolts are bigger than my KH Bolts...
Not sure if long enough, but are longer than the KHs...

I think so, when I was talking to Kris he said he didn't think longer
bolts existed (there would be no reason for ISIS bolts that long to
exist). Since Kris said he got bolts made in Taiwan, I think it's safe
to say he couldn't get them from somewhere else.

--
Spencer Hochberg
Old December 13th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
foforackard

danger_uni;1146633 wrote:
Hi All,

Extra-long axle bolts have been ordered in Taiwan at 25 mm length (the
current axle bolts are 18 mm).

As soon as their made, I'll air-ship bolts to all the importers who
currently have Rollo disks; they can send them on to everyone who
already bought them and are waiting on the bolts. That should take
about a month.

Starting next Spring, all Nimbus and KH ISIS hubs will come standard
with the longer bolts so will all be compatible with the Rollo disks.

Thanks for your patience!

Kris

thank you so much Kris!

--
foforackard

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
In my dream somehow I was in America and I was trying to kill Forrest
(I have no idea why) and then I didn't and we were really good friends.

http://www.youtube.com/user/forack23
Old January 16th 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
streetcycalist

Not to sound impacient, but when are they going to be available in the
US? Ive been watching unicycle.com and its been out of stock for a while
so I'm assuming that it was because of those small flaws in them and
they had to be held for a bit longer but I'm not sure if that is still
going on or theyre just out of stock. If they are available from
anywhere else could someone direct me where please? (I'll be out of town
for the next 3 days or so for a snowboarding trip, so I wont be able to
respond until then).

--
streetcycalist

Unicycling is great.

How Do I Get My Rollo Disks On? foforackard Unicycling 14 December 5th 08 07:01 PM
Rollo-Discs Unisykolist Unicycling 5 December 5th 08 02:34 AM
How Do I Get My Rollo Disks On? wickedbob Unicycling 0 December 4th 08 05:01 AM
Why Disks on High end bikes? mike[_3_] Mountain Biking 4 July 21st 07 03:47 AM
FS: Bianchi Rollo 22" [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 17th 05 04:02 PM