Unbearable

Old September 6th 04, 12:06 PM
DaveB

Default Unbearable

David Springthorpe wrote:
http://news.com.au/common/story_page...E13762,00.html

DS

Maybe magpies aren't that much of a hazard after all.

DaveB

Old September 7th 04, 12:52 AM
Andrew Price

DaveB wrote, in reference to
http://news.com.au/common/story_page...E13762,00.html

Maybe magpies aren't that much of a hazard after all.

I had always thought holding your bike over your head was a rather excessive
gesture and for show offs but a friend who did one of those organised
charity rides in the great state of Montana said no, it is something the
alert defensive cyclist needs to know in places where moose wander.

The theory goes that when confronting a moose, a bike held over your head
gives the appearance of being a bigger moose, and the humbled creature goes
elsewhere in search of sport.

Wonder if it would work with the killer geese that tried to unseat me in my
last country road race? - perhaps only the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
would work there.

best, Andrew

Old September 7th 04, 01:20 AM
flyingdutch

Andrew Price Wrote:
DaveB wrote, in reference to
http://tinyurl.com/6goh5

Maybe magpies aren't that much of a hazard after all.

I had always thought holding your bike over your head was a rathe
excessive
gesture and for show offs but a friend who did one of those organised
charity rides in the great state of Montana said no, it is somethin
the
alert defensive cyclist needs to know in places where moose wander.

The theory goes that when confronting a moose, a bike held over you
head
gives the appearance of being a bigger moose, and the humbled creatur
goes
elsewhere in search of sport.

Wonder if it would work with the killer geese that tried to unseat m
in my
last country road race? - perhaps only the Holy Hand Grenade o
Antioch
would work there.

best, Andrew

I have heard this theory from a cuzz in the US who worked on a ranc
out the back of Yellowstone Park. The bears were all over his propert
to get away form the tourists during the day (they spend the night
scavenging the campsites and even pull doors off cars apparently i
your car happens to have something yummy/meat related in it. OT but i
your female and in the middle of your menstrual cycle, dont camp out
Your likely to wake up with a faceful of bear, apparently. That is i
you wake up... ) and he is an avid mtber. Apparently the bluff work
50% of the time. the other 50% you get in some sprint practic

--
flyingdutch

Old September 7th 04, 10:50 AM
rickster

DaveB wrote in message ...
David Springthorpe wrote:
http://news.com.au/common/story_page...E13762,00.html

DS

Maybe magpies aren't that much of a hazard after all.

fought of a grizzly with pepper spray !! maybe that's something we
should carry around to use on irate motorists ?

the grizzly I mean, not the pepper spray....