Memory Foam Saddle?

Old February 28th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smcmorrow

Default Memory Foam Saddle?

Hey, I was just wondering if anybody had ever used memory foam on their
saddle? I just got a memory foam bed and its the most comfortable thing
ever, so I think it would be really comfy. I don't know about prices or
weight, but tell me what you guys think.

Seamus

--
smcmorrow

\"It's knot gonna make it!\" -threeinchtire
smcmorrow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10881

Old February 28th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
abbabibble

i was in the process of trying to get a couple samples of said memory
foam to use in a saddle, but they never actually sent it to me.

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.

maxcarriere wrote:
nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
body..

uni_jim wrote:
isn't [the superbowl] like a giant dip bowl in mexico filled with salsa
where everyone brings a bag of tostitos and digs in?

'BUY SOME SHIRTS, DAMMIT!' (http://www.zazzle.com/abbabibble)
*PANIC BUTTON--' '
(http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Old February 28th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Harley

smcmorrow wrote:
Hey, I was just wondering if anybody had ever used memory foam on their
saddle? I just got a memory foam bed and its the most comfortable thing
ever, so I think it would be really comfy. I don't know about prices or
weight, but tell me what you guys think.

Seamus

jrdugued did an article on this not all that long ago and there is lots
of feedback the use of memory foam both pro's and cons in that
artical

--
Harley

Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can **** a hole
through a rock.
Harley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11821

Old February 28th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

i have heard it freezes at really high temperatures, so it turns to a
rock
dont quote me on that though

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

dforbes wrote:
Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes
riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have
to watch we don't land in dog poop.....

Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

Old February 28th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jrdugueod

I do not think memory foam would be good for saddles. You need support
off the base and memory foam would just collapse down. I have it on my
bed and it is okay there.

--
jrdugueod

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!"
jrdugueod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12054

Old February 28th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jl0r

I have used memory foam in a saddle. I got a good sized chunk of the
foam used in mattresses from a friend of a friend's wife who worked at
a factory... you get the idea.

The foam felt super soft and was plenty thick. The problem with it, was
that when I actually sat on it, it compressed totally flat.

--
jl0r
jl0r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4497

Old February 28th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

Do not use memory foam. I have tried it, and it sucks. You sit on it and
it compresses to nothing. When it freezes around -1C here, it turns
rock hard. Jrduegod (or something) made a custom saddle the a closed
cell foam. Find the thread and do what he did.

--
Danni

leo wrote:
Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'Pile Driver' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXflM7xVLs) 'Jack Ass'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6U1xH6MtNM)
'Russian Climber'
(http://tinyurl.com/p6vnc) 'Urban Ninja Part 1'
(http://tinyurl.com/2m5o2h) 'Part 2'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nVENReGBY)
'--Trials Uni For Sale!'
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

Old February 28th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

I think the basic knowledge is this:

Memory foam = good for whole body support, bad for crotch-only support

I think it needs a lot more surface area to do what it's designed for.
With a unicycle (or bike) seat, you want support on certain areas but
not others (the midline for instance). The best seats will offer the
support where you need it but not put too much pressure on all the
other areas.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

Old March 1st 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smcmorrow

Sounds like it wouldn't be anything to invest in. I didn't think about
the support in some ares thing and it makes sense now.

Thanks guys
Seamus

Old March 1st 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BluntRM

I ordered samples from TempurPedic before and was sent no less that
30lbs of spam/junk mail, before I was finally taken off their mailing
list. Save a tree...

--
BluntRM

'
Marxist Internet Archive' (http://www.marxists.org/)

'Unicycle for Class Consciousness' (http://tinyurl.com/yykmgo)
BluntRM's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12994

Memory Foam Saddle? kington99 Unicycling 0 February 28th 07 03:39 PM
Memory foam saddle! Danni Unicycling 15 November 25th 06 12:53 AM
memory foam seat manon1wheel Unicycling 7 May 19th 06 08:08 PM
memory foam seat unisteez Unicycling 0 May 19th 06 01:22 AM
foam saddle foam goldenchicken Unicycling 3 December 6th 05 06:40 AM