The Alps and why they are a great ride

Old December 2nd 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default The Alps and why they are a great ride

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jobst.BIGBOY/Favorites/WEB-CAM/Switserland.pps#1

Jobst Brandt
Old December 2nd 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Tim McNamara

In article ,
wrote:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jobst.BIGBOY/Favorites/WEB-CAM/Switserla
nd.pps#1

Jobst Brandt

I don't think that URL works, Jobst.
Old December 2nd 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Tim McNamara wrote:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jobst.BIGBOY/Favorites/WEB-CAM/Switserland.pps#1

I don't think that URL works, Jobst.

That's correct, but I could not put the file in rec.bicycles.rides,
but only the URL that points to that file that I have to the slide
show. A search for public a link to that slide show is being
researched. It's a great show.

Jobst Brandt
Old December 2nd 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Tim McNamara wrote:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jobst.BIGBOY/Favorites/WEB-CAM/Switserlan
d.pps#1

I don't think that URL works, Jobst.

That's correct, but I could not put the file in rec.bicycles.rides,
but only the URL that points to that file that I have to the slide
show. A search for a public link to that slide show is being
made. It's a great show.

Jobst Brandt
Old December 2nd 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Art Harris

Jobst wrote:

That's correct, but I could not put the file in rec.bicycles.rides,
but only the URL that points to that file that I have to the slide
show. *A search for public a link to that slide show is being
researched. *It's a great show.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Art Harris

Old December 2nd 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
sergio

On 2 Dic, 22:08, wrote:
*It's a great show.

Yes, indeed!
Mr.Brandt has passed me the link in the private mail and, I tell you:
it is as if I were turning the pages of a couple of beautiful Swiss
Calanders.

Thanks Jobst

Sergio
Pisa

Old December 2nd 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Art Harris wrote:

That's correct, but I could not put the file in rec.bicycles.rides,
but only the URL that points to that file that I have to the slide
show. Â*A search for public a link to that slide show is being
researched. Â*It's a great show.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Art Harris

I wanted to send you the file but your address is not wroking.

Jobst Brandt
Old December 2nd 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 2, 1:00*am, wrote:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jobst.BIGBOY/Favorites/WEB-CAM/Switse*rland.pps#1

Jobst Brandt

Dear Jobst,

The 5.2 mb PowerPoint slideshow is he

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...e6myCUVxFEY Q
or
http://tinyurl.com/5vo9p9

It's SwitzerlandSlideshow.pps from http://www.pennypitoutravel.com

Here's the free Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer download page:

or
http://tinyurl.com/6b6g5

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old December 2nd 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Carl Fogel wrote:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jobst.BIGBOY/Favorites/WEB-CAM/SwitseÂ*rland.pps#1

The 5.2 mb PowerPoint slideshow is he

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...e6myCUVxFEY Q
or

http://tinyurl.com/5vo9p9

It's Switzerland Slideshow.pps from

http://www.pennypitoutravel.com

Here's the free Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer download page:

or

http://tinyurl.com/6b6g5
Thanks Carl. That's what I couldn't find. It's a great show, the one
at:

http://tinyurl.com/5vo9p9

It's great to have someone who understands the web.

Jobst Brandt
Old December 3rd 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ken Roberts

Those are very nice photos, but the majority of those scenes are _not_
visible from a road bicycle tour -- especially the most spectacular mountain
scenes. So don't expect to see lots of those views if you just take a road
bicycling tour of Switzerland - the Penny Pitou website says the slideshow
is for "Hike the Swiss Alps" trip).

The lesson from that slideshow for bicyclists is that if you want to see the
most spectacular mountain scenes, be prepared to _leave_ your bicycle
somewhere secure, and instead purchase a ski lift ticket or train ticket and
allow motorized transport to take you places.

Ken

(btw - I was a little surprised that several photos in this show recommended
by Jobst actually _showed_ the ski lift. Which doesn't bother me, but _some_
participants on this newsgroup claim to find ski lifts abhorrent. Especially
strange is showing the Männlichen ski lift near Grindelwald, since it
_might_ be possible to pedal a bicycle to the top of the lift -- maybe I'll
get to try that some time.)

French Alps and Paris to Dakar ride report Jeff Orum Rides 0 December 9th 07 04:34 AM
A Ride on the Alps (reprint in italian) sergio Rides 0 June 1st 07 05:38 PM
I had a GREAT ride in! EuanB Australia 7 October 25th 05 05:36 AM
O.T. A great ride! John Rides 0 July 18th 05 02:37 PM
Chilly Hilly - Great ride and great weather cheg General 5 March 1st 04 07:02 PM