aus.bicycle FAQ

Old December 13th 03, 10:33 AM
kingsley

Default aus.bicycle FAQ

aus.bicycle FAQ
Version 1.0.0, Last updated 10-DEC-2003

Welcome to the aus.bicycle FAQ

This is a compendium of Frequently Asked Questions from
the newsgroup aus.bicycle, some of them even have
answers. The lastest version is always available from:

Text
http://maddogsbreakfast.com.au/ABFAQ...icycle.FAQ.txt
HTML
http://maddogsbreakfast.com.au/ABFAQ...cycle.FAQ.html

This document is Copyright (c) 2003 Kingsley Turner.
Permission is granted to distribute this document on the
criteria that it is remains unmodified, and it is not
sold for profit.

1 - Bicycling Resources & Propaganda
1.1 What other bicycle newsgroups are there?
1.2 What are some good cycling websites?
1.3 What are some good mailing lists?
1.4 What are some good cycling (paper) publications?

2 - Riding

2.1 Miscellany
2.1.1 What do I do about this f@#$%^ing Magpie?
2.1.2 Why do you shave your legs?

2.2 Kids
2.2.1 What are the options for carrying
(non-riding) children by bike?
2.2.2 Which is better: child seat or trailer?

2.3 Touring

2.4 Organised Rides

2.4.1 Miscellany
2.4.1.1 What are the major events on
the Australian Cycling Calendar?
2.4.1.2 What is Critical Mass?

2.4.2 Clubs & BUGs

2.4.3 Polaris

2.4.4 Road Racing
2.4.4.1 The TdF: What do the coloured
jerseys mean?

2.4.5 Couriers

2.5 Laws, Accidents & Road Rage
2.5.1 I've been involved in an accident, what do I
do?
2.5.2 I've been a victim of road rage, what do I
do?

2.6 Training, Fitness & Weight
2.6.1 Reducing Body Fat
2.6.2 How do I calculate my BMR (Basil Metabolic
Rate)?

3 - Gear

3.1 Miscellany

3.2 Shopping
3.2.1 What online bike stores are there?
3.2.2 Can I save money by importing gear myself?
3.2.3 Where can I buy a 2nd-hand bike?

3.3 Frame Building/Builders
3.3.1 Does anyone know a good framebuilder?

3.4 Parts & Maintenance

3.4.1 Miscellany

3.4.2 Lights
3.4.2.1 Where can I get a cheap
Vistalite Nightstick battery?
3.4.2.2 Can someone recommend a smart
charger?

1 Bicycling Resources & Propaganda:

1.1 What other bicycle newsgroups are there?
* aus.bicycle
* uk.rec.cycling - Much like aus.bicycle
* rec.bicycles.marketplace - Bike stuff for sale
* rec.bicycles.misc - General bike discussion
* rec.bicycles.off-road
* rec.bicycles.racing
* rec.bicycles.rides - About touring, but sometimes not
* rec.bicycles.soc - The social ascpects of cycling
* rec.bicycles.tech - Technical Q&A
* alt.collecting.bicycles
* alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
* alt.mountain-bike

1.2 What are some good cycling websites?
* Cycling News: www.cyclingnews.com - Packed with news &
reports.
* Audax Australia: www.audax.org.au
* Bicycle Fish: users.chariot.net.au/~gloria - Australian
Bicycle Touring.
* Aussie Cycling: www.aussiecycling.com.au/cycling - Books,
links & for sale.
* Tandem Club of Australia: home.vicnet.net.au/~tandem/
* Biking Asia with Mr Pumpy: www.mrpumpy.net - Bicycle
touring South-east Asia.
* Bicycle Victoria: www.bv.com.au
* Bicycle NSW: www.bicyclensw.org.au
* Pedal Power ACT: www.pedalpower.org.au
* Bicycle SA: www.bikesa.asn.au
* Bicycle Tasmania: www.biketas.org.au (non-aussie pages)
* MTB Review: www.mtbreview.com - User reviews of bike gear.
* Ken Kifer's Bike Pages: www.kenkifer.com/bikepages
* Sheldon Brown's: www.sheldonbrown.com - Bike gear and
repairs

1.3 What are some good cycling mail lists?
* Phreds Bicycle Touring:
and sometimes unrelated topics (can be very high volume).
* Hobbes Tandem List:
www-acs.ucsd.edu/home-pages/wade/tandem.html - Tandem
Everything (moderate volume).

1.4 What are some good cycling (paper) publications?

Magazine What's it about
Australian Cyclist Bit of a mix: bike politics, touring, lists of clubs and
diary of club rides, occasional gear review. Not usually
any road racing news. Six issues a year, available at most
newsagents and bike shops.
RIDE Cycling Review Completely covers the bicycle racing scene, including both
road and track. Has great gear reviews, although it does
tend towards the top-end stuff. Six issues a year,
available some newsagents, and bike shops
Cycling Australia Covers racing, road & track. Always has reviews of
high-end bikes, the occasional maintenance tip, and a bit
of cycling gossip. Published five times a year
Mountain Biking As above, but for mountain bikes.
Australia
Australian Mountain Covers the mountain bike racing scene in detail, usually
Bike has interviews with Aussie riders, gear review,
maintenance and (technical) riding tips. Six issues a
year.
Velovision (UK) This is an exceedingly interesting magazine, it focus is
mainly bicycles as transport (or maybe 'bikes as a part of
life'), with a heavy bent towards recumbent and other
non-mainstream cycling. It does have a British and
European focus, but contains articles sourced from all
over the world.

Available (at least) at Cheeky Monkey in Sydney.

2.2 Riding: Kids

2.2.1 What are the options for carrying (non-riding) children by bike?

This mostly depends on your childs age and capability:

Child Seats:
There are two types of child carriers, the ubiquitous rear-rack
mounted seats, and the seats that mount on the handlebars so
that the child sits between the arms of the rider.

Trailer Bikes:
A trailer bike is basically the back-half of a diamond-frame
bike. There is no front wheel, but a tow arm that commonly
connects to the seatpost or under the seat. These require some
bike riding skills and balance, but not steering.

Trailers:
These are usually tethered to the bike by a socket-jointed
tow-arm to the left chainstay. They can hold one or two
children, who are held in with a seatbelt, but are still
requried to wear a helmet. It's common for trailers to come with
instructions that specify the minimum child age of 1 year.

2.2.2 Which is better: child seat or trailer?

Kingsley Turner wrote in aus.bicycle:

Both of these have pros and cons:

Both:
* Child needs decent head control, approx 1 year old although
I read about someone who strapped their car capsule into a
trailer.
* Adds at least a little weight to the bike, effecting
handling.

Seats:
* Cheap - sub $100 for rear model, around $200 for a front.
* Back & front (Bobike mini) available
* Child is exposed to the elements
* Child goes over with the bike in a crash (seen this happen
twice)
* You can talk quite easily with your child
* Must be cautious that legs are properly strapped in (and
not near spokes/wheels)
* Loose usage/access to rear rack

Trailer:
* Expensive ($500-$1000)
* Can hold 2 kids (Trek models up to 45kg)
* Bike can stack, but trailer stays put
* Slim chance of rolling it if you clip a gutter in exactly
the wrong way at speed
* Difficult to talk to your kids, near impossible with the
plastic weather-shield down
* Child is not exposed to the weather (don't forget hot sunny
days too) and is toasty warm in winter/rain.
* Weighs about 10-12kg depending on the model
* Has plenty of 'boot' space for nappy bags, drinks, food,
spare change of clothes, big doll, and the other doll.
* Food & drink tends to get trampled into the floor (but you
can just about hose it out)
* High wind-resistance
* Makes your bike into a wide load, watch the bollards on
bike paths!
* Weight of children is not directly on the bike
* Can convert some trailers into a stroller (very important
for touring)

As you can probably guess most of my experience is with trailer.
We towed both the brats 1200km touring last year (and many km
since) When they weren't being towed, they were being
parambulated with the stroller conversion kit engaged.

For quick trips, the seat is probably better/quicker but for
longer ones the trailer is great.

2.1.1 Riding: Miscellany

2.2.1 What do I do about this f@#$%^ing Magpie?

(i) Ride fast, duck oppertunely!

2.2.2 Why you shave your legs?

(i) It makes applying first-aid/bandages simpler.

(ii) It looks and feels good.

(iii) Andrew Morris wrote in aus.bicycle:

Have you ever had gravel nail brushed out of hairy legs???

(iv) Paul J wrote in aus.bicycle:

... Reasons include; it feels damn nice, it look's good (so I'm
told) and after a 120km ride the much needed massage afterward
is so much better and easier.

2.4.1 Riding: Organised Rides: Miscellany

2.4.1.1 What are the major events on the Australian Cycling Calendar?

What When Where
Audax Alpine Classic Australia Day See www.audax.org.au
weekend
Around the Bay in a Day ? Melbourne
Tour Down Under January Usually around Adelaide and Adelaide
Hills
Sydney to the 'Gong First Sunday in Two start locations, one in Sydney,
November the other closer to Woolongong. See
www.msnsw.org.au/oe for further
information.
Cycle Sydney Late November A mass-ride through the heart of
Sydney See www.bicyclensw.org.au for
further information.
RTA Big Ride: 8 days of Varies, but Changes each year, always around New
supported once per year South Wales.
bicycle-touring.

2.4.1.2 What is Critical Mass?

"Critical Mass is a monthly bicycle ride to celebrate cycling
and to assert cyclists' right to the road."

Probably the most spectacular thing about this assertion is that
it happens during peak-hour traffic.

For more information visit: www.criticalmass.org.au or
criticalmassrides.info

2.4.4 Riding: Organised Rides: Road Racing

2.4.4.1 The TdF: What do the coloured jerseys mean?
Yellow - The daily overall leader by general classification
(time minus bonuses).
Green - The sprint leader, by points awarded at specific
locations throughout the stages.
Polka-dot - The 'King of the Mountains', by points are awarded
for each climb.
White - awarded to the fastest rider aged under 25.

2.5 Riding: Laws, Accidents & Road Rage

2.5.1 I've been a involved in an accident, what do I do?

You must call the police if anyone is injured. Whether or not
you must call them for other circumstances varies from state to
state. You may be legally required to give identification
details to the other parties involved. You may also have to
report the accident within 24 hours.

Get name, address, and licence (if a car) details from the other
party, you may also want to collect details from a witness.

2.5.2 I've been a victim of road rage what do I do?

(i) Report it to the police, try to include details like the
rego number

(ii) Claire Petersky wrote in rec.bicycles.misc:

One car-full of passing geniuses suggested that I get off the

copulating road.
Only they didn't say copulating. I was a bit surprised that

the road could
do that -- that asphalt certainly doesn't look like it

reproduced that way.

No, no, you misunderstood their intentions. The road does not
copulate with itself. Rather, it is *you* who is partnered with
the road.

Have you not had a day, where you get out there on your bike,
and there is the road before you, warm, inviting? It feels good,
it smells good, it almost seems to taste good to be on it. Some
days you start out eager, knowing what lies ahead. Other days
you start out a little reluctantly -- surely you have better
things to do -- clean the house, mow the lawn -- but here you
are anyway, your bike and the road together, and after a little
bit you know its going to be a good time.

There are days when you dominate the road. It does your bidding.
You groove on your control. There are other days when the road
is your master. You submit to its demands. You get a perverted
pleasure from the pain of your burning legs, your oxygen-starved
lungs screaming for air.

In any of these instances, though, you with your bike, and the
road, are lovers. The term, "get off" as we all know, is a slang
term that means to "derive pleasure". Thus, the encouraging, if
crude, words, "Get off the ****ing road" can be understood as
"Enjoy yourself as you and the road make beautiful love
together".

To take this a step further -- in many mystical traditions, the
physical act of love is understood as a metaphor for the
spiritual union of human with the Divine. Can you ride as if you
and the Road are One?

The mudra of the single upraised digit is a reminder of this
oneness: unity in Christ Consciousness, being at one with the
Tao, La illaha Il' Allah, Adonai Echad. Thus, when someone makes
this gesture at you, you should understand that they are wishing
you the experience of this ecstatic union.

The horn that is honked as the mudra is made is a meditation
bell. Like a church bell, like the call of the muezzin's voice,
it calls you into this sacred space of union, of you, your bike,
and the road, as One.

Thus, when the motorist honks his horn, raises the single digit,
and makes his sincere invocation, you have but one response: to
smile, to wave, and return to the joy of riding your bike.

2.6 Riding: Training, Fitness & Weight

2.6.1 Reducing Body Fat

(i) DMR wrote in aus.bicycles:

There's no way you can advise anyone on their recommended daily
fat consumption without knowing enough about their physiology,
lifestyle and goals to properly calculate their actual calorific
consumption, their BMR and then set their targets accordingly.

I am currently reducing my body fat% and I'm eating accordingly
- yet my recommended daily fat intake is (just checking the
spreadsheet) 49.5grams. And I've lost about three kilos so far.
The problem with the low fat message is that it's bull**** and
any honest nutritionist will tell you the food pyramid we've
grown up with is just accurate enough to be dangerous (there's a
new one due out soon). For the past twenty to thirty years we've
been steadily reducing our fat intake and yet as a society we've
been getting steadily fatter. Think about it.

I don't advocate a full Atkins diet (too many saturated fats for
starters) but he was right about one thing: if you want to lose
body fat you need to reduce your *carbohydrate* consumption.
Cutting your fats intake - and you need the good fats, the poly-
and monounsaturated ones, plus Omega-3 etc. - without cutting
your *sugar* intake (which, at the end of the day, is all
carbohydrates are) is a recipe for... (wait for it)... GETTING
FAT!

Broadly speaking the macronutritional breakdown for someone
exercising regularly should be (in this order of importance):

Protein:
0.8g/lb Lean Body Mass (that's your weight minus
your fat).

Fats:
About 33% of your target calories, of which
saturated fats should be 33% or less.

Carbohydrates:
Whatever is left.

The thing is this. Your body is incredibly good at keeping
itself alive and it will use whatever it has to. Having said
that, it prefers certain energy sources to others, and since
losing or gaining weight is ultimately all about manipulating
energy levels you can use that fact to your advantage. Roughly
speaking your body will use carbohydrates, then fats and lastly
proteins as sources of energy. So, when you cut back on the
carbohydrates it will go for the fat stores next - which is what
you want. However, don't cut your calorie intake too far below
maintenance or your body will kick into starvation mode, and it
will do everything it can to avoid using its fat stores, so it
will start targetting your muscles. Breaking down proteins to
use as energy is inefficient but in starvation mode it will do
that rather than use your fat stores.

So, having calculated your BMR and your actual daily calorific
consumption, if you want to lose weight healthily set a target
daily calorific consumption about 500 calories below
maintenance, keep your protein and fat intake at their correct
levels, drop your *carbohydrate* consumption heavily - and
you'll see your body fat% drop slowly but steadily. There's
roughly 3,500 calories per pound of fat so this regime should
consume about one pound of fat per week, not including any loss
of weight due to water loss.

(ii) Gags wrote in aus.bicycles:

The 65% to 85% max HR range is actually more like the range to
train in to increase cardiovascular fitness (good for base
training and general fitness). Sure, you will burn fat at these
intensities but if fat loss is your main goal, then you are
actually better off training at about 45% to 65% of max HR. The
catch is that this only rings true if the distance is the same
rather than the time (ie 1 hr @ 45-65% will not burn more fat
than 1 hr @ 65% to 85%, but, 47km @ 45-65% will utilise more fat
than 47km @ 65-85%). As with most things you have to compromise
depending on how much time you have available and what your long
term goals are.

[...] If you want to lose weight, you should concentrate on LSD
training (don't get excited, it means Long, Slow, Distance).
Basically you need to have your body utilising its aerobic
energy systems and to do this you need to exercise at a moderate
intensity for long periods of time. She is especially correct in
that what you eat plays a big part in your results. As you have
not said what your current situation is (could range from
wanting to lose a couple of kg for summer to up in the obese
range), it is hard to know what your final goals are.

2.6.2 How do I calculate my BMR (Basil Metabolic Rate)?

(i) Gags wrote in aus.bicycles:

BMR = 66 + (13.7 x weight(kg)) + (5 x height(cm)) - (6.8 x age)
kcal

(ii) DMR wrote in aus.bicycles:

I use the ISSA Basil Metabolic Rate (BMR) formula:
1. For Men: 1 x body weight (kg) x 24
For Women: 0.9 x body weight (kg) x 24

For you, that's 95 * 24 = 2280.

2. Factor in your body fat percentage. Multiply the result
from Step 1 by the multiplier factor:

Men 10 to 14%, Women 14 to 18%: 1.0

Men 14 to 20%, Women 18 to 28%: 0.95

Men 20 to 28%, Women 28 to 38%: 0.90

Men over 28%, Women over 38%: 0.85

For the sake of illustration I'll assume you're in the
20-28% group, therefo

2280 * 0.90 = 2052 calories per day.

This is your BMR. It's your base rate.

3. Factor in your daily activity level. Multiply your BMR by
the daily activity level multiplier factor:

The Average Couch Potato range:
1.30 (130%) = Very Light: Sitting, studying,
talking, little walking or other activities
through out the day
1.55 (155%) = Light: Typing, teaching,
lab/shop work, some walking throughout the day

The Average Fitness Buff Range:
1.55 (155%) = Light: Typing, teaching,
lab/shop work, some walking throughout the day
1.65 (165%) = Moderate: Walking, jogging,
gardening type job with activities such as
cycling, tennis, dancing, skiing or weight
training 1-2 hours per day

The Average Athlete or Hard Daily Training Range:
1.80 (180%) = Heavy: Heavy manual labor such
as digging, tree felling, climbing, with
activities such as football, soccer or body
building 2-4 hours per day
2.00 (200%) = Very Heavy: A combination of
moderate and heavy activity 8 or more hours
per day, plus 2-4 hours of intense training
per day

For the sake of illustration I'll put you in the moderate
group, therefo
Actual Daily Calories = 2052 * 1.65 = 3386 calories (* 4.18
= 14153 kiloJoules) per day. This is how much you use every
day on average. As a general rule, if you want to lose
weight then consume fewer calories than this every day
(start at -500 and see how you go), if you want to increase
weight consume more (start at +500 and see how you go):

Target calories:

Maintenance: 3386 calories
Gain: 3886 calories (maintenance +500)
Loss: 2886 calories (maintenance -500).

4. (a) Protein:

0.8g/lb LBM. For the sake of illustration I'll assume your
body fat % is 20%. Since your weight is 95kg (209lb) that
would give you a LBM of 76kg (167.2lb) and therefore your
protein intake should be 0.8 * 167.2 = 134 grams = 536
calories.

(b) Fats:

Roughly (Target calories * 1/3). Since we're assuming
weight loss that would be (2886 * 0.3) = 866 calories = 96
grams. No more than (96/3 =) 32 grams of that should be
saturated fats, preferably less. Rule of thumb: poly and
mono-unsaturated fats and Omega3 fatty acids good,
saturated fats not so good, trans fats bad.

(c) Carbs:

Whatever is left. 2886 - 536 - 866 = 1484 calories = 371
grams.

There's a bit of flexibility in these targets but as long
as you're fairly close over the long haul they'll work for
sustainable weight loss. The same would go for maintenance
or weight gain.

3.2 : Gear: Shoppping

3.2.1 What online bike stores are there?

Limited to web sites where you can actually
complete a purchase online:

* Phantom Cycles - www.phantomcycles.com.au
* Dean Woods Direct - www.deanwoods.com.au
* Cecil Walker - www.cecilwalker.com.au
* VicMtb - www.vicmtb.com.au
* Wooly's Wheels - www.woolyswheels.com.au
* Ferntree Gully Cycles -
www.ferntreegullycycles.com.au
* Bicycling Direct -
www.bicyclingdirect.com
* Netti - www.netti.com.au

3.2.2 Can I save money by importing gear myself?

Well, sometimes yes.

Local stores must charge you GST, and have
already paid most of the shipping. Depending
on the value of what you import, you will be
charged GST by customs and perhaps duty too.

Before you buy, ensure sizing and
specifications are absolutely correct, and for
electrical equipment (e.g. battery chargers)
are compatible with the local system. Also
work out what will happen for warranty
returns.

So factor in shipping, GST, possible customs
duty, currency conversion charges (especially
with credit card transactions), compatibility
and then compare the cost. Less calcuable
costs are warranty return problems, and
discounts you might accrue via shop loyalty.
Certain shops will also give a significant
percentage discount to state-bicycle-body
members, for example: BNSW card holders can
get 5-10% off gear most places.

3.2.3 Where can I buy a 2nd-hand bike?
* The Trading Post newspaper /
www.tradingpost.com.au.
* Bicycling Australia classifides:
www.bicyclingaustralia.com.au/ba/classifides.
* EBay www.ebay.com.au - know your prices
though.
* Victoria:
* Bicycle Recycle - South Rd, Oakleigh
* Freedom Machine - Prahran
* Cecil Walker - Melbourne

3.3 Gear: Frame Building/Builders

3.3.1 Does anyone know a good framebuilder?

* Paconi in Melbourne
* -----------------------------------------

3.4 Gear: Parts & Maintenance

3.4.1 Gear: Parts & Maintenance: Miscellany

3.4.2 Gear: Parts & Maintenance: Lights

3.4.2.1 Where can I get a cheap Vistalite
Nightstick battery?

Nick Payne wrote in aus.bicycle:

I made my own stick batteries. It
cost about $55 for 10 2.9Ah NiMH
sub-C cells with solder tags from
Jaycar - enough for two sticks. I
used garden irrigation pipe and
endcaps to make the stick. I already
had the pipe etc lying around from
having installed an irrigation
system in my garden, but they're not
expensive items. I also needed a
couple of sockets to fit the plugs
on the Vistalite cables. So total
cost was around $70 plus a few hours
of time.

3.4.2.1 Can someone recommend a smart
charger?

Nick Payne wrote in aus.bicycle:

See
www.angelfire.com/electronic/hayles/charge1.html.
I built a couple of these, with the
addition of a switch to toggle a
resistor so that I can charge either
6v or 12v. They work fine with
bottle batteries and stick
batteries.

All trademarks are property of their respective owners

Old December 14th 03, 01:45 AM
Jake

Yes, this should be posted automatically once a week, or preferably, if the
enwsgroup server could hol dit in position 1 at all times.
newsan.2003.12.13.09.33.47.546044@maddogsbreakfa st.com.au...

Old December 14th 03, 08:28 PM
Jose Rizal

kingsley:

2.2.2 Why you shave your legs?

I think if you're going to include things like this topic in a FAQ, you
should at least attempt to inject some counterbalance to the myths.

(i) It makes applying first-aid/bandages simpler.

Bandages can be applied with or without hair; these don't rely on
sticking to the skin but rather on the tightness of the wrap.

It's First Aid, meant to be a stop-gap measure between injury and more
appropriate medical care; not meant for long-term treatment. You won't
lose your leg if you get it superficially injured and you haven't shaved
it, and you won't require the expertise of paramedics to apply FA either
just because you have hair on it.

(ii) It looks and feels good.

Looks good on men? Debatable. Feels good? Only if you run your hands
along your legs a lot. This reasoning is why people have good cause to
label it a fetish.

(iii) Andrew Morris wrote in aus.bicycle:

Have you ever had gravel nail brushed out of hairy legs???

It's not that hard. How often do you get gravel nail on your hairy
legs?

(iv) Paul J wrote in aus.bicycle:

... Reasons include; it feels damn nice, it look's good (so I'm
told) and after a 120km ride the much needed massage afterward
is so much better and easier.

How is a massage "so much better and easier" without hair on your legs?

2.5.2 I've been a victim of road rage what do I do?

(i) Report it to the police, try to include details like the
rego number

Good advice, but you ruin it by adding the pseudo-spiritual New Age
neo-mystical crapola below. FAQs are supposed to be informative, not a
note for ramblings... you, bike, road are lovers? Get a grip (or
perhaps better, don't...).

(ii) Claire Petersky wrote in rec.bicycles.misc:

[snip]
There are days when you dominate the road. It does your bidding.
You groove on your control. There are other days when the road
is your master. You submit to its demands. You get a perverted
pleasure from the pain of your burning legs, your oxygen-starved
lungs screaming for air.

In any of these instances, though, you with your bike, and the
road, are lovers. The term, "get off" as we all know, is a slang
term that means to "derive pleasure". Thus, the encouraging, if
crude, words, "Get off the ****ing road" can be understood as
"Enjoy yourself as you and the road make beautiful love
together".

[snip crapola]

2.6 Riding: Training, Fitness & Weight

2.6.1 Reducing Body Fat

Have you verified the medical veracity of the advice you included under
this heading? If not, it's unwise to include them as answers to FAQs as
you don't know whether these are true or not. A simple way to verify
these is to ask for the specific references and include them.

Old December 14th 03, 11:27 PM
hippy

"kingsley" wrote in message
newsan.2003.12.13.09.33.47.546044@maddogsbreakfa st.com.au...
aus.bicycle FAQ
Version 1.0.0, Last updated 10-DEC-2003

A section on bicycle theft insurance and crash insurance
options would be good - that pops up a bit..

hippy

Old December 15th 03, 12:08 AM
kingsley

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:27:17 +0000, hippy wrote:

"kingsley" wrote in message
newsan.2003.12.13.09.33.47.546044@maddogsbreakfa st.com.au...
aus.bicycle FAQ
Version 1.0.0, Last updated 10-DEC-2003

A section on bicycle theft insurance and crash insurance
options would be good - that pops up a bit..

WTF!
Does that mean that my previous post did come through ?
I still can't see it!?

Anyway, yeah, insurance is a good idea. I'll have a poke
about google for some info. I might still even have my
papers from last year.

cheers,
-kt