Is Lance predicting problems?

Old July 11th 03, 07:44 PM
TAF

Default Is Lance predicting problems?

In interviews with Frankie the last two days Lance said (paraphrasing here)

"I am glad we won the TTT before my cycling career is over"

and

when questioned about transitioning from big gears for the flat stages to
small gears for the mountains

"I never really had a problem transitioning before but who knows maybe this
year is different"

Is Lance fortelling problems to come?

Old July 11th 03, 08:43 PM
Nick Burns

"TAF" wrote in message
In interviews with Frankie the last two days Lance said (paraphrasing

here)

"I am glad we won the TTT before my cycling career is over"

and

when questioned about transitioning from big gears for the flat stages to
small gears for the mountains

"I never really had a problem transitioning before but who knows maybe

this
year is different"

Is Lance fortelling problems to come?

I doubt it. I am one of those that thought this year was unusual for him in
his Tour run in. Knowing how he operates though, I bet he is exploiting the
whispering going around so that he can stifle them with his efforts on the
road. I think if he did feel weak yet privately held out hope, he would play
it slightly the other way and try to discourage the others from attacking
him. He should take the jersey and finish either alone or win a very small
group on L'Alp d'Huez. I am hoping that Ullrich is also in that small group
so as to keep the suspense up for a bit longer. There are 2 fairly long ITTs
later in the race and I really doubt that Lance wants to feel dependant on
gaining time on those stages.

Old July 11th 03, 08:52 PM
TAF

Hope you're right on all accounts. Love to see Lance win, love to see
Ullrich make him earn it.

Old July 11th 03, 09:32 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"Nick Burns" wrote in message
news
"TAF" wrote in message
In interviews with Frankie the last two days Lance said (paraphrasing

here)

"I am glad we won the TTT before my cycling career is over"

and

when questioned about transitioning from big gears for the flat stages

small gears for the mountains

"I never really had a problem transitioning before but who knows maybe

this
year is different"

Is Lance fortelling problems to come?

I doubt it.

snip

Dumbass - all of you.

None of us know what's really going on. We'll find out on Sunday.

Old July 11th 03, 09:36 PM
JTN

he is just setting everyone up for the big crush.....

the race will be over after the first two mtn stages.....

Old July 11th 03, 10:00 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"TAF" wrote in message
What part of spectator sport have you missed.

Spectating is one thing.

Speculating is another.

All you speculators on whether LANCE is faking, dumbasses, the whole lot of
you. You don't know **** (neither do I, but I'm not speculating).

K. Gringioni

Old July 12th 03, 12:01 AM
David Ryan

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

"TAF" wrote in message
What part of spectator sport have you missed.

Spectating is one thing.

Speculating is another.

All you speculators on whether LANCE is faking, dumbasses, the whole lot of
you. You don't know **** (neither do I, but I'm not speculating).

K. Gringioni

I think they are speculating the same things I see the other riders
speculating in the press.
Old July 12th 03, 12:10 AM
Nick Burns

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in
message t...

You can speculate when you don't know **** as you as you know that you don't
know ****. You know?

Old July 12th 03, 12:32 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

"David Ryan" wrote in message
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

"TAF" wrote in message
What part of spectator sport have you missed.

Spectating is one thing.

Speculating is another.

All you speculators on whether LANCE is faking, dumbasses, the whole lot

of
you. You don't know **** (neither do I, but I'm not speculating).

K. Gringioni

I think they are speculating the same things I see the other riders
speculating in the press.

At least the riders have some up-close-personal observation, but they don't
know either (remember Alpe d' Huez 2000, when they were all fooled). People
watching stuff on TV though - there is no way to gauge whether someone is
faking or not. We'll all find out on Sunday.

Old July 12th 03, 12:33 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

"TAF" wrote in message
Didn't realize they were mutually exclusive.

Dearest TAF -

You've got your head up your ass. You don't know **** (neither do I).