To sock or not to sock?

Old April 19th 11, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
sam[_11_]

Default To sock or not to sock?

Do you wear socks when you ride?

Old April 19th 11, 06:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Thomas R.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:17:07 -0500, sam wrote:

Do you wear socks when you ride?

I have seen at least two people recently wearing socks with Shimano spd
sandals. I'm not one to call people out but I have winced. It looks
incredibly tasteless.
Old April 19th 11, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Barry Taylor

"sam" wrote in message

Do you wear socks when you ride?

Yes and so do my bidons in hot weather ...

-- ---

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*) . . . bjbear on his treadly

If you think you're too small to have
an impact, try going to bed with a
mosquito in the room. Johan Bruyneel.

Old April 19th 11, 02:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert[_4_]

On 4/19/2011 8:38 AM, Barry Taylor wrote:
"sam" wrote in message

Do you wear socks when you ride?

Yes and so do my bidons in hot weather ...

Don't think I know anyone that doesn't wear socks riding a bike unless
the have those shimano sandals.
Old April 19th 11, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 19, 12:58*am, "Thomas R." wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:17:07 -0500, sam wrote:
Do you wear socks when you ride?

I have seen at least two people recently wearing socks with Shimano spd
sandals. *I'm not one to call people out but I have winced. *It looks
incredibly tasteless.

I've done it a few times when I had a sore spot from the sandal straps.
Old April 19th 11, 04:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Apr 19, 6:58*am, Duane Hebert wrote:
On 4/19/2011 8:38 AM, Barry Taylor wrote:

"sam" wrote in message
m...

Do you wear socks when you ride?

Yes and so do my bidons in hot weather ...

Don't think I know anyone that doesn't wear socks riding a bike unless
the have those shimano sandals.

With bike shoes, I'll only skip socks for a triathlon. It takes
forever to put them on when your feet are wet.

I've worn SPD sandals both with and without socks, but the socks will
be heavy wool. That's when I'm riding to work on what I know will be a
hot ride home, but it's not warm enough at 5:30am to go without.
Old April 19th 11, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Apr 19, 9:58*am, Duane Hebert wrote:
On 4/19/2011 8:38 AM, Barry Taylor wrote:

"sam" wrote in message
m...

Do you wear socks when you ride?

Don't think I know anyone that doesn't wear socks riding a bike unless
the have those shimano sandals.

Yes, I wear socks for all rides, unless I'm using sandals. And for
utility rides, I wear absolutely normal street clothing.

I rode a double century with a friend who decided to skip the socks
for that ride. He finished, but barely. His feet were in agony.

- Frank Krygowski
Old April 19th 11, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Apr 18, 10:17*pm, sam wrote:
Do you wear socks when you ride?

Yes, I'm a Chili Peppers fan.
Old April 19th 11, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 19, 12:58*am, "Thomas R." wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:17:07 -0500, sam wrote:
Do you wear socks when you ride?

I have seen at least two people recently wearing socks with Shimano spd
sandals. *I'm not one to call people out but I have winced. *It looks
incredibly tasteless.

Socks keep the straps from rubbing your feet. Once I rode about 60
miles with my sandals and no socks. Feet were rubbed raw from the
straps. Never ever again. Socks, socks, socks.
Old April 19th 11, 06:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On Apr 19, 4:17*am, sam wrote:
Do you wear socks when you ride?

Always. Decision made as a consequence of a training accident when my
new tyres gave way in the wet and I lost a fair chunk of flesh from my
ankle so always fold down to cover that joint preferably with three
layers by using a double fold.

sock it to me! Scott Racing 3 May 19th 10 06:34 AM
Tubular tire sock seat bag Sir Ridesalot General 2 August 1st 06 11:29 AM
Comedy Sock Puppet Just zis Guy, you know? UK 6 July 19th 04 11:00 AM
Tail box/sock/pannier combo Robert Haston Recumbent Biking 1 July 5th 04 05:21 PM
Winter sock recommendations? Moi Off Road 1 January 20th 04 05:49 PM