Heaven and Hell

Old April 20th 21, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Heaven and Hell

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 10:28:29 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/19/2021 11:18 PM, John B. wrote:

On a personal basis I really can't see what the furor is about. Over
here you are required to wear a mask in a public place - store,
office, etc. and everybody just does it. No leaping up and down,
waving of arms and shouting, "I don't wanna do that". In fact we have
been having some Student protests about the government and even those
protesting are wear masks :-)

Well, I think many right wingers are timid and delicate. They fear that
wearing a mask may decrease their blood oxygen content by a percent, and
they quiver in fear.

More honestly, right wingers jump on even the least plausible
justification for their political posturing.

A very good friend of mine works as a civilian at a naval base.
Supposedly the commander said certain recreation facilities will not be
allowed to open until 80% of sailors are vaccinated. But many are still
refusing.

My guy said it's nuts. He says it's normal for them to be subjected to
mandatory vaccination for other maladies before shipping out, and
there's never any objection.

But like every other aspect of COVID, right wing politics trumps both
science and reasonable past practice.

--
- Frank Krygowski

So what you're saying is that believing research by the CDC dated May of 2020 or research sponsored by the NCBI out of Stanford dated Nov. 2020. Or vast long term studies of the use of masks in operating rooms conducted by NCBI all the way back to 1992 that showed that masks did NOTHING inside of operating rooms except keep a surgeon from being distracted by spray from wounds caused by the surgeries all mean nothing at all because you want to believe today's flip-flops from Dr. Fauci.

The sheer ignorance you spout as a matter of daily course simply cannot be underestimated.
Old April 20th 21, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Moe Norail

On a personal basis I really can't see what the furor is about. Over

You don't think anyone misses going to church, ballgames, **** like that?
Old April 20th 21, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Moe Norail

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 8:00:25 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 7:12:26 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/19/2021 8:35 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 06:49:44 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 12:55:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
1979:
Q. What is the difference between Heaven and Hell?
A: In Heaven, the French are the chefs, the Italians are the lovers, the swiss are the bankers, the Germans are the engineers, and the British are the police.
In Hell, the Germans are the police, the British are the cooks, the Italians are the engineers, the French are the bankers, and the Swiss are the lovers.

2029:
Doordash are the police
Google are the engineers, the bankers, and the government
Safeway and McDonalds are the cooks
And there are no lovers, since we all live alone in 1 room apartments due to covid-26, and visiting hours were suspended due to covid-28
This is not that far off. The latest study on masks from Stanford University is that masks can cause pneumococcal pneumonia. Fauci is literally murdering people to force more and more people to use vaccines for which he has so far earned over $9 million. Fauci actually thinks this is funny and laughs about this in public!

Most of the posters here don't know what science is but since they dislike my comments they will turn happily to the dark side and kill themselves rather than take any advice from me. Well, I can think of a few who won't be missed in the least after they are gone.

Tommy, I believe that you are telling lies.... again. Please post a
reference to your remark that "The latest study on masks from Stanford
University is that masks can cause pneumococcal pneumonia".

I believe that failure to do will be proof positive that you are a
liar.

The Stanford piece this week was yet another blow to the
mask religion:

https://noqreport.com/2021/04/17/sta...against-covid/

Not that anyone's religion will change from mere data.

The 'pneumonia' claim was in some other paper I did not read.

Really? Gawd. https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...cks-evidence-/

Hmm. That article certainly sounds/reads like the kind of bunk it purports to debunk. Putting aside the childlike style, the first claim seems ridiculous to me - how could the mask NOT result in less oxygen? And if it's not, why do I want to take it off so I can breathe easier?

Old April 20th 21, 09:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 12:52:38 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On a personal basis I really can't see what the furor is about. Over

You don't think anyone misses going to church, ballgames, **** like that?

My wife is very religious and her father started 23 churches after he got out of the Navy in WW II. I suppose being at Pearl Harbor was enough to see the face of God. She has started many Zoom church groups and it is nearly unbelievable the sort of anger that is generated with not being able to attend Church meetings.
Old April 20th 21, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 12:55:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
1979:
Q. What is the difference between Heaven and Hell?
A: In Heaven, the French are the chefs, the Italians are the lovers, the swiss are the bankers, the Germans are the engineers, and the British are the police.
[...]

One of the things that I am absolutely stupefied with it that Frank, a trained engineer denies that actual science in order to support a left wing political machine! I have to apologize to people on this group for attacking him all the time but the purposeful discarding of science in the name of politics shocks me. I spent a great deal of my life attempting to be a moderate only to find that there are no moderates - only extremists of one side or the other.
Old April 20th 21, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 12:55:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
1979:
Q. What is the difference between Heaven and Hell?
A: In Heaven, the French are the chefs, the Italians are the lovers, the swiss are the bankers, the Germans are the engineers, and the British are the police.
[...]

The Politfact article points out what is generally available on the internet about the author and nature of the hypothesis stated by the author -- who is not a representative of Stanford. It is not in itself a scientific journal article.

A search of the Elsevier medical journal data base using the search "effect! w/20 "face mask" or "surgical mask" or "personal protective equipment"" turns up 2,538 articles. Skimming the hits, the consensus seems to be that surgical masks help stop the spread of droplets and aerosol from infected persons, and with social distancing, reduce virus transmission. Poor fitting surgical masks provide little protection to the wearer. There is evidence that wearing a surgical mask may reduce blood oxygen levels in an insignificant way during relatively static activities like attending a college class. The effect is greater with higher efforts, not surprisingly -- and with different masks.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old April 20th 21, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 12:55:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
1979:
Q. What is the difference between Heaven and Hell?
A: In Heaven, the French are the chefs, the Italians are the lovers, the swiss are the bankers, the Germans are the engineers, and the British are the police.
[...]

Why are you pretending that the CDC themselves did not write an article saying the same things? Why are you making any possible attempt to hide the fact that masks do nothing and that there have been studies for 40 years that all say the same thing?
Old April 20th 21, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 12:55:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
1979:
Q. What is the difference between Heaven and Hell?
A: In Heaven, the French are the chefs, the Italians are the lovers, the swiss are the bankers, the Germans are the engineers, and the British are the police.
[...]

Crikey! I often wear a gas mask when shopping in a big store and I don't have any trouble breathing through it whilst wearing it.

Cheers
Old April 20th 21, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 12:55:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
1979:
Q. What is the difference between Heaven and Hell?
A: In Heaven, the French are the chefs, the Italians are the lovers, the swiss are the bankers, the Germans are the engineers, and the British are the police.
[...]

This is what the CDC says about masks: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html
Here, print yourself a poster: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...hers-Final.pdf

This study does not say that masks do nothing. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...mm6936a5-H.pdf Why would the CDC recommend mask wearing if a mask did nothing? What is in it for the CDC? The last time I checked, they did not hold stock in J&J, 3M or the legion of other mask producers. Is it all about the subjugation of ubermensch Tom Kunich? Are they trying to keep you down -- you and John Galt?

As I was saying, loose fitting surgical masks provide little protection to the wearer. A mask prevents or limits spread from the user -- and along with social distancing reduces exposure. It is a better version of coughing into your sleeve. Why is that so hard to understand? Go back and slowly re-read the CDC guidance on mask wearing. Here, again: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html

Read this, too: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2776536

This is why we have mask mandates and occupancy limits in public gathering places. Putting a bunch of people with loose fitting masks five inches apart wouldn't do much to slow the spread of infection. For close quarters, you would need far more effective masks.

Let it sink in a bit before beginning your usual mouth-frothing.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old April 20th 21, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pH

wrote:

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 12:55:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
1979:
Q. What is the difference between Heaven and Hell?
A: In Heaven, the French are the chefs, the Italians are the lovers, the swiss are the bankers, the Germans are the engineers, and the British are the police.
[...]

Thanks for this link. Once you get past the lead in and get down to the
report it does seem to agree with the Danish study that I think was done in
November or December of last year....

https://fee.org/articles/new-danish-...vid-infection/

At this point, though, even if completely true peoples' ways are somewhat
set.
For example, what if it were found that cellphone emmissions were in fact
bad for you w/o a shadow of a doubt. I don't think many would give them up.

oh yes....bicycle

pH in Aptos

pH in Aptos