Australia/Russian federations are stupid

Old November 17th 04, 09:33 PM
MagillaGorilla

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

IOC and WADA rules say Tyler's test has to be considered negative
because they botched the B sample. So the Russians and Aussies deserve
no medals they don't already have, according to the IOC rules.

You should respect the rules as an attorney and not make these emotional
arguments that are not supported by the rules.

Speaking of the rules...

http://www.wada-ama.org/docs/web/sta...ide%202004.pdf

Page 25, Results Management. Tyler's test is not negative, it's an invalidated
positive. Semantics, I know. I imagine their strategy will be to attack the
need for B sample validation. Stranger things have happened when lawyers are
involved. But not as strange as a positive test being considered negative.

As a gorilla you are allowed to make arguments based on rules that don't exist.
But it is still poor form.

Bob Schwartz

Bob,

Tyler's Olympic test is considered negative because when he asked for
the B sample to be tested, they said they destroyed it. So under the
rules, his test can not be considered positive annd the no sanction can
be taken against Tyler. Do you think you know something that Dick Pound
and the IOC don't?

All you did is cite some definition and are now trying to mis-apply it.

You don't think the IOC and WADA are aware of the ****ing link you cut
and pasted above?

Goddamn you are stupid.

Magilla
Old November 17th 04, 10:41 PM
Bob Schwartz

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:

[...]

Douchebag,

Tyler's test is considered positive because it was positive. The positive
result was invalidated because of the damage to the B sample. That's the
rule according to WADA. I am certain that Dick Pound and the IOC know
their own rules. Note that they are not the ones challenging them, the
Russians and the Ozzies are.

You, however, have no ****ing clue. And you're not as funny as the
original Magilla either.

Bob Schwartz

Old November 18th 04, 07:47 AM
Donald Munro

http://users.telenet.be/TaoWeb/Language/FuzzyLogic.htm

Old November 18th 04, 07:47 AM
MagillaGorilla

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:

[...]

Guess what Bob? You can't challenge a rule in court. The court will
say, "Those are the rules." As a matter of fact, the court of
arbitration for sport is there to ENFORCE the rules. A CAS is not
allowed to change the rules REGARDLESS of the reason.

And in this case, they will reinforce the fact that Tyler gets to keep
his gold medal because those are the rules (the rule being that his
doping test must be considered negative when the B sample is unable to
confirm the A sample).

Dick Pound and Jacques Rogge know the rules and agree with Tyler that he
gets to keep his gold medal. The Australian and Russian federations
apparently don't think the rules apply to them for some reason.

It's a very bizarre lawsuit and Jeff Jones should do an article about
how the lawyers are stealing money from the Aussie federation for a case
that has no chance to succeed.

Magilla

Old November 18th 04, 08:31 PM
patch70

Dear Magilla,

I suppose the irony/hypocricy is lost on you but:
1. If anyone suggests that TH might be guilty, you rant on about how we
all must wait for the actual hearing and would all make terrible
jurors.
2. If the Aussie/Russion federations have a case pending about this
issue, you tell us repeatedly that they will lose BEFORE THAT HEARING
HAS EVEN STARTED.

Why can't you stick to your own imposed rule?

--
patch70