Flipping a chain ring on a granny gear to foil developing chain suck

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 23rd 09, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Fritz

Default Flipping a chain ring on a granny gear to foil developing chain suck

I started to experience chainsuck on the granny gear of my triple
ultegra nine speed crank.

So, I flipped the granny gear over and installed washers between crank
and ring to get the spacing right.

I have not ridden the bike yet with this repair so I would appreciate
any thoughts pro or con. I would hate to make things worse.

Thanks!

Installing 3rd (granny) chain ring? DaveC Techniques 2 September 7th 09 08:31 AM
Chain skipping on large chain ring. Xyzzy Techniques 72 August 20th 05 03:13 PM
chain, chain ring grig Techniques 12 April 24th 05 10:05 PM
triple chain ring alpine saves hi gear chain grind? [email protected] Techniques 0 February 16th 05 05:14 PM
Sora chain ring "dropping off" going from large to small ring? Yuri Budilov Techniques 18 September 7th 04 03:14 PM