A FIRST! : A mountain biker who can learn from his mistakes

Old September 20th 13, 05:09 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default A FIRST! : A mountain biker who can learn from his mistakes

http://www.postindependent.com/news/...ke-broken-neck

"I'm definitely not going to mountain bike any more."

This guy is obviously smarter than the average mountain biker! Or maybe smarter than ALL mountain bikers.
Old September 20th 13, 08:35 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

Shame you never learned from your mistakes Mike .... even criminal convictions don't appear to have had the necessary, salutary effect
Old September 20th 13, 06:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Friday, September 20, 2013 12:35:11 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
Shame you never learned from your mistakes Mike .... even criminal convictions don't appear to have had the necessary, salutary effect

What is "necessary"? This should be good for a laugh.
Old September 20th 13, 07:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

I doubt you could learn from your mistakes Vandeman. You are mentally ill.
Old September 21st 13, 05:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Friday, September 20, 2013 11:57:21 AM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
I doubt you could learn from your mistakes Vandeman.

What "mistake"? Mountain biking is one big mistake.

You are mentally ill.

Old September 21st 13, 06:31 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

You deluded fool. Get you own lines Dr Senile.
Old September 21st 13, 06:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Have you ever seen anyone regarding your psychological difficulties Vandeman? I would if I was you. You are madder than a cut snake.
Old September 23rd 13, 10:02 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

Shame you never learned from your mistakes Mike .... even criminal convictions don't appear to have had the necessary, salutary effect

What is "necessary"? This should be good for a laugh.

Clearly you are not ready to even take the first, necessary step ... which is to acknowledge that your previous course of action was wrong. Until you can do that you will make no progress and will probably become more isolated and extreme.

Remember, we are discussing Moutainbiking. It is not one of the world's big problems; it's a minimally impacting leisure activity. Which you happen to resent.

That something so minor should result in you committing battery is clearly wrong and it is therefore NECESSARY to acknowledge that ... as a first step.

I'm not trying to change your mind about mountainbiking, you're entitled to your opinion, but your methods need to change.
Old September 23rd 13, 05:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Monday, September 23, 2013 2:02:30 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
Shame you never learned from your mistakes Mike .... even criminal convictions don't appear to have had the necessary, salutary effect What is "necessary"? This should be good for a laugh. Clearly you are not ready to even take the first, necessary step ... which is to acknowledge that your previous course of action was wrong. Until you can do that you will make no progress and will probably become more isolated and extreme. Remember, we are discussing Moutainbiking. It is not one of the world's big problems; it's a minimally impacting leisure activity.

BS. It is the most damaging activity allowed in any park. It destroys huge amounts of habitat through trailbuilding and excess human presence. But I don't expect any biological knowledge or wisdom from mountain bikers. You guys just don't CARE!

Which you happen to resent. That something so minor should result in you committing battery is clearly wrong

BS. Can you say "charge dismissed"?

and it is therefore NECESSARY to acknowledge that ... as a first step. I'm not trying to change your mind about mountainbiking, you're entitled to your opinion, but your methods need to change.

You need to start telling the truth. Until then, everything you say is worthless, which is exactly why mountain bikers get no respect -- which is exactly as it should be.
Old September 24th 13, 10:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade[_2_]

Shame you never learned from your mistakes Mike .... even criminal convictions don't appear to have had the necessary, salutary effect What is "necessary"? This should be good for a laugh. Clearly you are not ready to even take the first, necessary step ... which is to acknowledge that your previous course of action was wrong. Until you can do that you will make no progress and will probably become more isolated and extreme. Remember, we are discussing Moutainbiking. It is not one of the world's big problems; it's a minimally impacting leisure activity.

BS. It is the most damaging activity allowed in any park. It destroys huge amounts of habitat through trailbuilding and excess human presence. But I don't expect any biological knowledge or wisdom from mountain bikers. You guys just don't CARE!

Get some perspective. Mostly trails already exist and the few extra created specifically for mountainbiking are minimal in comparison with logging, road-building, construction, plantations etc etc etc. It's a pinprick on a global scale. If everyone went mountainbiking instead of shopping then the world would be far greener than it is now.

Which you happen to resent. That something so minor should result in you committing battery is clearly wrong

BS. Can you say "charge dismissed"?

No, you can't because it wasn't. This is precisely what I mean about NECESSARY steps to dealing with your situation. You were prosecuted, you were found guilty in a court by a jury. Once your conviction, and the punishment, were spent you were able to apply for a petition to expunge your conviction. That does not, by any stretch of the imagination, mean 'charge dismissed'. And, by the way, you've not provided one shred of evidence that the petition was applied for nor granted anyway.

But, your continual denial of basic facts just makes you look like an idiot.. Man up and face what happened. And learn from it. Or don't ... and continue to be an amusement for a bunch of people who don't take you seriously..

You need to start telling the truth. Until then, everything you say is worthless, which is exactly why mountain bikers get no respect -- which is exactly as it should be.

You should, most definitely, tell the truth ... and until you do so, no, you won't get any respect nor will anyone take you seriously. So, again, were you or were you not convicted in a court of law ??